BREAKING: ATHAN IN THE PORTAL

I don't see why it couldn't be.

I think AK knows how he did ... maybe he wants a shot to play at a different level?
Good points. I wish him nothing but the best. I don't know why, but parts of his situation reminded me of Christian Ponder. I really wonder if he would have done better if he could have been eased in, or pulled for a series here and there. Obviously all speculation on my part.

Anyway, He appears to be an outstanding young man. I wish him nothing but the best!

I mean....if you look a little closer.....Nuts had to make a 4th down TD circus catch on an overthrown pass (one play after another overthrown pass) in the Nebraska game.....or we would have been 4-8 this year.

I figured fixing his mechanics was going to be the offseason project.....but he's now been with the team for two. Coaches probably know that it's unfixable at this point if this is how his Gophers career ends.

If recall correctly, Fleck was interviewed after that TD and seemed frustrated that AK didn't see open receivers on the two preceding plays and barely made that play. It was telling.

Best of luck to Athan. He seemed like a good human and ambassador of the U.

Only ~6-7% of high school football players are lucky enough to play any level of college football. He had all the measurables to secure a B1G offer and was given the keys to the car, but it just didn't work out here. I hope he finds a great fit somewhere else.

Coaching staff should have brought competition in last offseason, big mistake on their part a transfer qb could have saved the season
If they had left an open competition between the quarterbacks we had I don’t think they would’ve transferred. Certainly, 8 was not blowed up so much of practice that they thought they had no chance

It felt to me like AK was less athletic this year compared to last year and I don't remember as much side-arm motion last year. I wonder if he played with some chronic injuries?

I wish him the best. He seems like a stand up young man.
I know he had the knee injury that he suffered in the bowl game last year

Isn't Knuth at K State?
He is — the poster was playing a semantics game on you because he is not on scholarship. Offered a scholarship there out of high school and whatever reason doesn’t have one now with his family doesn’t need the money anyway.

It appears that Fleck told the current QB"s on the roster that he will be bringing in competition for next season and couldn't guarantee who the starter will be in 2024.

In my opinion, he should've done that last year.

Anywho, I wish Athan the best wherever he goes.

I've also heard that another impact player could be entering the portal soon.

I wish Athan would've competed for the starting job to show that he really cared about the position. I remember seeing him play in high school, he would always destroy us (and we were always the 2nd best team in the conference). I hope his future is bright and he can go to a school that he can improve at!

Listening to Flecks postgame interview Saturday, I got the feeling he was very displeased with the QB. I think he was done with him as a starter.
No one told Fleck to keep Athan in the games when he was struggling. Like I've said before, its ok to pull a QB when they are struggling. I feel for the QBs who are in the spring competition...the winner will play exclusively and the backups will never see the field unless one gets injured like Zach Annexstad.

Well, that's that. Best of luck to him in his future endeavors.

It appears that Fleck told the current QB"s on the roster that he will be bringing in competition for next season and couldn't guarantee who the starter will be in 2024.

In my opinion, he should've done that last year.

Anywho, I wish Athan the best wherever he goes.

I've also heard that another impact player could be entering the portal soon.
Oh you can’t leave us hanging! Please not Daniel Jackson! Personally I think we can roll with Evans at RB if he stays healthy but receiver we need someone. Also would like to see Jah stay too.

Top Bottom