Brandon Johnson Commits

I expect him to be better than Alihan and our starting 5 with Ihnen at the 4 if Robbins is a no go. Much better athlete than Alihan and a better rebounder and defender. Very similar to pre injury Curry.
Strange how Demir somewhat regressed from his sophomore to junior year at Drexel. Minutes down, 3Pt % down, FT% down, Min/Game slightly down, TOs up. Then really struggled down the stretch their in the Big 10. Not sure if the grind of a season was just too much for him or what exactly it was. Started well for us. Mainly against lesser competition though.

With Robbins it would be:

Carr
Willis
Kalscheur
Johnson
Robbins
With Willis out, I would start Ihnen at the 3, but I suppose Mashburn or Williams starting are options.

After looking at some highlight film, I just do not see Johnson playing low post in the B1G. The Clips I saw - which I assume show him at his best - make him look like a slasher type who can step out and hit a mid-range jumper.

He looks athletic enough to contribute in the B1G. Jumps well, blocks shots. but definitely a forward.

So, the low post situation is all about whether Robbins gets the waiver. Without Robbins, you're looking at Curry and Freeman in the post, which would leave me very nervous.

And - it's on another thread - Willis is leaving as a grad transfer!

The Roster churn continues.

Wow! Two excellent transfer acquisitions in a row by Minnesota and this one has no issues with playing right away.

Johnson stat sheet at WM was slightly better than Demir as a junior at Drexel ...Nice get but no where near a slam dunk

What a week! Robbins AND Johnson in the span of five days? Couldn't have asked for a better response by the coaching staff after Oturu's draft decision. If we somehow get Walton too, I'm going to party like it's 2009 (senior year in college). Major hangover be damned...
Now Willis transfers opening up a spot! I dont know if weve gotten better this week(I think we have), but this has been a good, fun week so far.

Johnson stat sheet at WM was slightly better than Demir as a junior at Drexel ...Nice get but no where near a slam dunk

I guess my counter to that would be two things:

1. The MAC is definitely a better basketball league than the CAA (especially so since VCU left)
2. There is a different level of athleticism and physical strength when you look at Johnson compared with Demir (who couldn't really jump to save his life)

So who is our starting five next year?

Nice spring recruiting period.....
Marcus Carr
Gabe
Ihnen or Williams or walton??
Johnson
Robbins

This is if robbins is allowed to play. and carr comes back, which I think he will.

I don't get why so many people on this board have a woody for Willis, he just isn't that good to me. If I ranked the back court defensively he doesn't hit the top 3.
I agree

If this guy is third team All-MAC ... the MAC must be pretty loaded?

Then it makes me wonder, with this being such a wonky year and so much activity ...... what grad transfers are the other Big Ten teams adding? First team All MAC guys?

I try not to notice woody’s. Willis would be a good 3rd or 4th guard come in take some 3’s.

He did not have a great handle.

I dont know which post to put this on. Can we offer walton a scholarship now that willis is leaving?

I dont know which post to put this on. Can we offer walton a scholarship now that willis is leaving?

I'm not sure what you mean. We offered Walton a scholarship a long, long time ago.

Go Gophers!!

There's 1 scholarship left, and it's Walton's to take. He's been Pitino's top priority for some time now. I'm guessing the parties involved with Willis leaving have known for some time.

There's 1 scholarship left, and it's Walton's to take. He's been Pitino's top priority for some time now. I'm guessing the parties involved with Willis leaving have known for some time.
Assuming it isn't already the case that Greenlee and Pitino agreed to his departure as well, and he's just holding off on the public announcement until Pitino says the spot is filled.

Walton -> Willis
Markusson -> Greenlee
?

I'm not sure what you mean. We offered Walton a scholarship a long, long time ago.

Go Gophers!!
Ok I dont know how this works. Wouldn't johnson take the last scholly, but since willis is leaving open up another scholly. I honestly dont know how it works when it comes to grad transfers. Better choice of words from my previous post would have been is there a scholarship still available for walton to have.

Last edited:

did someone poop on your ice cream?

it's ok to be excited

just saying

Ok I dont know how this works. Wouldn't johnson take the last scholly, but since willis is leaving open up another scholly. I honestly dont know how it works when it comes to grad transfers

yes...we now have a scholy open with Willis Leaving

Top Bottom