Braeden Carrington Steps Away from Program

This whole thing's got some weirdness to it on a few levels. Will hold my breath and cross my fingers that Carrington stays in the fold. Seems like a good kid, hails from the school district where my buddy works, improving jump shot, rebounding machine, great potential as a defender. What's not to like!? Hope he feels the same about the U.

taking Carrington at his word - a person who is struggling with mental health issues of some type should not be making any major life-altering decisions. the fact that his mother jumped in to refute the alleged story indicates to me that Carrington has people who are trying to help and protect him until he gets to a better place.

once Carrington feels better about his situation, then if he chooses to go elsewhere, that is his choice. I just hope he will wait to make any decisions until he feels ready.

Not sure what it means but....

I wasn't sure what it meant either...so I just liked the tweet and moved on.

When they asked Bob Eucker many years ago how to catch a knuckleball, he said that's easy: just wait for the ball to stop rolling and pick it up. I'm waiting for this ball to stop rolling before I try to figure out what's going on.

Not sure what it means but....

I am sure there are twitter sleuths better at finding the secret meaning in the tweet but to me that makes me think he is coming back.....but that could be totally wrong because I will freely admit that much of twitter is lost on me..... :)

Less pressure and online forum hacks if he transfers to UST

this smells of crappy reporting
He likely read Shooter’s column and repackaged the story - simply more gossip -

I next weeks episode of The Real Stay At Home Dad’s, things get realz, as the boys discuss the whole man bun thing - fine or foul?

Not to fuel the irresponsible speculation fire, but can an athlete transfer before the next semester starts and be immediately eligible? Asking for a friend….

p.s. I despise the no-penalty transfer

Not to fuel the irresponsible speculation fire, but can an athlete transfer before the next semester starts and be immediately eligible? Asking for a friend….

That's an interesting question. I highly doubt mid-season transfers have immediate eligibility. That would take us into waiver wire scenarios in college. For the most part, I can't see a mid-season transfer being good for the receiving team, either. Too much to learn, chemistry, etc.

And I despise the no sit transfer as well. I don't think it's a penalty. I think it is a mitigating consequence that can help prevent impulsiveness and maybe help competitive balance by limiting transfers.

Close to finals so I’m wondering if classroom issues.
At the risk of not reading the rest of the thread, the first thing I thought after reading the Tweet was bad grades means he's ineligible for spring semester. Bummer, but gotta get it done.

So much of this is being made up as we go along.

Because so much of it is simply untested. I think that's the fundamental truth on a lot of this.

Can't say I understand this, but alas...

What is Minnesota Sports Fan? A blog? Never heard of it. Why would some blog have an exclusive over all other types of media?

Won't give clickbait a click. That's what they're trying to get. Not going to give it to them.

If this gets picked up by reputable sources, then I'll follow it.

No is the answer. Once you have played you are basically locked on that team, or in soccer terms cap tied. Had he not played a game then yes. That has happened twice this year. Once prior to the season with Jose Perez who left WVU and is playing for ASU, and more recently with NaeQwan Tomlin who was suspended at KSU, hadn't played a game and transfered to Memphis where he will be eligible when the semester starts this winter

No is the answer. Once you have played you are basically locked on that team
This is what I would assume to be true. And I think most people would assume it to be true too.

However ... these days, if you don't like what NCAA rules say ...... you can just sue them.

Top Bottom