Braeden Carrington Steps Away from Program

Academics, playing ball, college life...so much for these young men to juggle. Best of luck to BC and hope he rejoins the team after the new year.

certainly hope Carrington finds answers for whatever he's dealing with.

but - from a basketball perspective, this does leave the team pretty thin at Guard. It's pretty much Hawkins, Mitchell and Christie now.
Guard/wing position will be better offensively, but a lot worse defensively & on the boards. Will be interesting to see how it goes without him.

Best of luck to him. I hope it goes well and he's back in a few weeks.

I hope Braeden is able to get the help/care and support he needs with whatever he is going through. I find it a bit alarming that his high school quickly organized a support night after the announcement that he was stepping away from the team. That suggests to me that this isn't the type of issue that is likely to be resolved in a few weeks. Pulling for him to make it through whatever battle or battles he's fighting right now.

I hope Braeden is able to get the help/care and support he needs with whatever he is going through. I find it a bit alarming that his high school quickly organized a support night after the announcement that he was stepping away from the team. That suggests to me that this isn't the type of issue that is likely to be resolved in a few weeks. Pulling for him to make it through whatever battle or battles he's fighting right now.
The heart is probably in the right place in the community, but it does strike me as odd given his direct request for privacy as he gets the attention he needs.

Curious if anyone knows if this was something that was already planned before his decision to step away from the team or if it came about after he made that call?

Was Carrington in attendance?
I'd have to think it was already planned. I support people taking care of all of their health issues but if we actually celebrate this any more than we'd celebrate someone for getting an ACL surgery, we are missing the point.

Braeden is taking care of his health and of course we support players going through that. We should not (and I don't think they did) throw actual celebrations for it.

Curious if anyone knows if this was something that was already planned before his decision to step away from the team or if it came about after he made that call?

Was Carrington in attendance?

It was already planned.

And if Johnson and team were in attendance I am going to assume Carrington attended as well.

Carrington was in attendance at Park Center.

I found the whole thing quite odd. He requests privacy, but then is out in public, smiling and yucking it up at his old high school.
I'm not sure the request for privacy means he wants to live like a hermit or anything. Could just be that he doesn't want to talk about it publicly.

Yah...I kind of wonder is something else is going on. He was at Park Center on Saturday like nothing was wrong??

I said it last year and earlier this year - the young man doesn't appear happy on the court.

Don't want to speculate or jump to any conclusions, but Johnson has a history of telling us one thing and it turns out to be another. He strongly implied Battle was going pro, and it turns out he transfers to a league rival. Not that Ben knew any better in that case or that he knows something he's not telling us in this case, but just throwing out caution to not take everything he says to the bank.

Don't want to speculate or jump to any conclusions, but Johnson has a history of telling us one thing and it turns out to be another. He strongly implied Battle was going pro, and it turns out he transfers to a league rival. Not that Ben knew any better in that case or that he knows something he's not telling us in this case, but just throwing out caution to not take everything he says to the bank.
Lol what Braeden put out a statement he was stepping away from the team to focus on his mental health and to respect his privacy. Don't recklessly imply it's something else. Stupid

Lol what Braeden put out a statement he was stepping away from the team to focus on his mental health and to respect his privacy. Don't recklessly imply it's something else. Stupid
His statement didn’t say mental health specifically although it’s easily implied. The term mental health was put out by the U.

Carrington was in attendance at Park Center.

I found the whole thing quite odd. He requests privacy, but then is out in public, smiling and yucking it up at his old high school.
It was already planned. He didn't say he wanted to live in a hole. He's a good kid, and yes I know him, and there is no ulterior motive here.

according to what I read, the tribute at Park Center was planned some time ago, and Carrington agreed to participate. with the new developments, it became a show of support as well as recognition for his prior accomplishments.

for me, the fact that Carrington was out in public is a positive sign. I think that's healthier than sitting at home alone.

when dealing with mental health issues - or drug/alcohol/gambling addiction - the first step is to admit you need help, and be willing to accept help. having people demonstrate that they care about you is an important part of the process.

fans watch athletes and think they lead charmed lives. but athletes are human - and just as susceptible to problems as anyone else. but when you're in the public eye, it can be difficult to admit that you have problems and need help.

It's more important that Carrington deal with his issues and get help. whether he plays basketball again this season is far less important.

Top Bottom