Braeden Carrington Steps Away from Program

Agreed, in the scope of a person's life, basketball is a very minor part. I have an acquaintance who walked away from D1 basketball where he was a starter for Georgia Tech as a freshman (mid-late 1970s). While he was successful as a player, he was also miserable. He left the program, came to Christian faith, and has been a pastor in Las Vegas for the past 30 years. He found his love and has cared for the less fortunate in Vegas. Basketball was a blip in his life and he's happy.

While I would love to see Carrington remain in the team and enjoy playing ball, there is much more to life than this game.

according to what I read, the tribute at Park Center was planned some time ago, and Carrington agreed to participate. with the new developments, it became a show of support as well as recognition for his prior accomplishments.

for me, the fact that Carrington was out in public is a positive sign. I think that's healthier than sitting at home alone.

when dealing with mental health issues - or drug/alcohol/gambling addiction - the first step is to admit you need help, and be willing to accept help. having people demonstrate that they care about you is an important part of the process.

fans watch athletes and think they lead charmed lives. but athletes are human - and just as susceptible to problems as anyone else. but when you're in the public eye, it can be difficult to admit that you have problems and need help.

It's more important that Carrington deal with his issues and get help. whether he plays basketball again this season is far less important.

No idea. But he seemed to have the support of the team, he was starting to play some of his best basketball, and has a local support system. To just pull the plug now and transfer seems strange.
If this report is true and he isn't loyal to the U and CBJ after all of this, then F him.

If he is going through something and needed to step away from the team and his reaction to getting that kind of support from the U and Ben is to turn your back on the program that supported you, it tells me everything I need to know about him.

If this report is true and he isn't loyal to the U and CBJ after all of this, then F him.

If he is going through something and needed to step away from the team and his reaction to getting that kind of support from the U and Ben is to turn your back on the program that supported you, it tells me everything I need to know about him.

What if the the "going through something" that caused him to need to step away from the team is specifically related to the Team, Coach and/or University?

What if the the "going through something" that caused him to need to step away from the team is specifically related to the Team, Coach and/or University?
Then he shouldn't have said he is stepping aside for mental health reasons.

If his issue (and I'm not saying it is), is not getting along with coaches and teammates, then the whole thing is a charade.

Then he shouldn't have said he is stepping aside for mental health reasons.

If his issue (and I'm not saying it is), is not getting along with coaches and teammates, then the whole thing is a charade.
If he wasn't getting along with coaches and teammates, why would they all come out to his high school?

Don't want to speculate or jump to any conclusions, but Johnson has a history of telling us one thing and it turns out to be another. He strongly implied Battle was going pro, and it turns out he transfers to a league rival. Not that Ben knew any better in that case or that he knows something he's not telling us in this case, but just throwing out caution to not take everything he says to the bank.
Lol what Braeden put out a statement he was stepping away from the team to focus on his mental health and to respect his privacy. Don't recklessly imply it's something else. Stupid
His statement didn’t say mental health specifically although it’s easily implied. The term mental health was put out by the U.
I think I know which of you two gentlemen I want on my team in the quiz show competition.

I just read this too. Does Walters have legit sources?
I mean he has sources....how legit they are is very up for debate so probably wise to be somewhat skeptical of the transfer nugget as that really makes zero sense based on what little we all know about the situation.

And the only person reporting he might transfer is Shooter so there is that as well.

I think I know which of you two gentlemen I want on my team in the quiz show competition.
Shooter is known for posting dumb shit like this article for example:

I'd take anything he says with a gigantic grain of salt.

Don't want to speculate or jump to any conclusions, but Johnson has a history of telling us one thing and it turns out to be another. He strongly implied Battle was going pro, and it turns out he transfers to a league rival. Not that Ben knew any better in that case or that he knows something he's not telling us in this case, but just throwing out caution to not take everything he says to the bank.

I suppose it's possible that he decided to transfer after initially needing to take a leave of absence for mental health reasons, but your characterization of Johnson certainly isn't wrong here. The apology from the poster that implied you were an idiot should be coming any minute now.

So Ben lied again? Not a great look.
Lot of jumping to conclusions going on based on one link and apparently a report from the joke known as Shooter. That is pretty flimsy info on a situation where there doesn't seem to be much public info available.

Lot of jumping to conclusions going on based on one link and apparently a report from the joke known as Shooter. That is pretty flimsy info on a situation where there doesn't seem to be much public info available.
Fair but Ben has a history of fudging the truth when guys leave.

I suppose it's possible that he decided to transfer after initially needing to take a leave of absence for mental health reasons, but your characterization of Johnson certainly isn't wrong here. The apology from the poster that implied you were an idiot should be coming any minute now.
Assholes don't apologize. Indeed, they double down.

Shooter is known for posting dumb shit like this article for example:

I'd take anything he says with a gigantic grain of salt.

Apology for a guy notoriously known for being wrong speculating something that hasn't happened?

Fair but Ben has a history of fudging the truth when guys leave.
Carrington is the one that said he was stepping away for mental health reasons.....not Johnson. Carrington also says in his initial tweet that he plans to return.

Maybe he will, maybe he won't but putting any trust in anything Shooter says is a risky proposition.

Should I apologize for the kid saying he has mental health issues currently?

What you should do is quit when you're only this far behind.
You didn't answer the question. Your original statement implied that Ben Johnson was making up the mental health stuff but it was really something else. The Gophers beat writer writes an article on the topic and gets quotes from the kid about said mental health stuff. So I'm asking you is Ben Johnson pretending to be Braeden Carrington in this article?

You didn't answer the question. Your origingal statement implied that Ben Johnson was making up the mental health stuff but it was really something else. The Gophers beat writer writes an article on the topic and gets quotes from the kid about said mental health stuff. So I'm asking you is Ben Johnson pretending to be Braeden Carrington in this article?
Not here to answer your questions

Top Bottom