Bowl Game Projections?

We boned ourselves! Don’t lose to a crap Iowa team and don’t lose to an average Purdue team. We should be 10-2. No excuses. We got the bowl we deserve.
Agreed. I really don't think Minnesota got screwed in any sense of the word this year. They deserve NYC. Still, you'd think both the B1G and ACC would've worked together to make a more interesting matchup for both fan bases. Iowa and Kentucky playing in consecutive years? Come on. And Minnesota and Syracuse have played multiple times recently while Minnesota hasn't played Duke, Wake Forest, or Pitt as long as I can remember... And last played NC St when Rivers was the QB lol. But hey, it is what it is.

Suckacuse, come out and playeeyay!!!
1670187510350.gif

Agreed. I really don't think Minnesota got screwed in any sense of the word this year. They deserve NYC. Still, you'd think both the B1G and ACC would've worked together to make a more interesting matchup for both fan bases. Iowa and Kentucky playing in consecutive years? Come on. And Minnesota and Syracuse have played multiple times recently while Minnesota hasn't played Duke, Wake Forest, or Pitt as long as I can remember... And last played NC St when Rivers was the QB lol. But hey, it is what it is.

Ick. I didn't even think about the fact that Iowa and Kentucky played last year too. They really fucked up.

The College Football world does not like the University of Minnesota.

What a sham.

Your contention is that we "deserve" this game. How do two team with worse records deserve better bowls?
We deserve this game because our record is subpar, and it is our turn in the rotation to go there. Don’t lose Iowa and Purdue. We put ourselves in the pinstripe bowl.

Still, you'd think both the B1G and ACC would've worked together to make a more interesting matchup for both fan bases.
It’s pretty obvious anything below the Reliaquest Bowl or the Music City Bowl is a total afterthought for the B1G leadership. They just don’t care.

The Big Ten let their 6th best bowl tie-in fold and didn’t even bother to do anything about it.

This should have been Minnesota vs. UCLA in San Francisco.

Was excited to have a bowl in a warm climate or nice place to visit or a bowl against an interesting and exciting opponent where we are definitely the underdogs and with this got neither. Ugh!

We deserve this game because our record is subpar, and it is our turn in the rotation to go there. Don’t lose Iowa and Purdue. We put ourselves in the pinstripe bowl.

And 7-5 teams deserve better bowl games. Sounds like deep seeded self hatred.

And 7-5 teams deserve better bowl games. Sounds like deep seated self hatred.
Folks on here bitched about the bowl selection last year. We lost to Bowling Freaking Green! Now folks are bitching about the Pinstripe Bowl this year. We literally gift wrapped two games this year to an average Purdue and the worst Iowa team in decades. We should have been playing Michigan this weekend with the Rose Bowl as a possibility. Instead, because of poor game planning by coaches and poor execution by some players, we are amongst a group of 7-8 win teams in this league. The bowl contracts are what they are and since we are practically the only team among that group how hasn’t been to the Pinstripe yet, that’s where we are going. That isn’t self hatred. That is reality. The Gophers put themselves in New York. Don’t blame the Big10. DO BETTER!!!

Folks on here bitched about the bowl selection last year. We lost to Bowling Freaking Green! Now folks are bitching about the Pinstripe Bowl this year. We literally gift wrapped two games this year to an average Purdue and the worst Iowa team in decades. We should have been playing Michigan this weekend with the Rose Bowl as a possibility. Instead, because of poor game planning by coaches and poor execution by some players, we are amongst a group of 7-8 win teams in this league. The bowl contracts are what they are and since we are practically the only team among that group how hasn’t been to the Pinstripe yet, that’s where we are going. That isn’t self hatred. That is reality. The Gophers put themselves in New York. Don’t blame the Big10. DO BETTER!!!
Commenting =\= bitching

And you can comment on a messed up process and at the same time acknowledge games got away from the team in both 2021 and 2022

Teams lose games where they are the better team. Happens all the time. Iowa lost to Iowa State and Nebraska this year. So exactly what do they "deserve"?

What I'm seeing from you is spite against our own team and own players because they didn't win as much as you wanted. Pretty sad to see from "fans".

And you can comment on a messed up process and at the same time acknowledge games got away from the team in both 2021 and 2022
You absolutely can, and I don’t have a problem acknowledging that games got away the last two years. Just stop blaming the Big10 for where we end up. If we beat Iowa and Purdue, we aren’t in New York.

Teams lose games where they are the better team. Happens all the time. Iowa lost to Iowa State and Nebraska this year. So exactly what do they "deserve"?

What I'm seeing from you is spite against our own team and own players because they didn't win as much as you wanted. Pretty sad to see from "fans".
No, what I’m saying is don’t blame the Big10 for your bowl placement. We are in a group of 3-4 teams and most of them have already been to NY. We have not. If we didn’t want that bowl, we should have won more games.

You absolutely can, and I don’t have a problem acknowledging that games got away the last two years. Just stop blaming the Big10 for where we end up. If we beat Iowa and Purdue, we aren’t in New York.
You literally won’t be in New York. Nor would you have been in Charlotte so im not sure why you are so hot about it

You’re complaining about other people being animated while at the same time being the most animated

No, what I’m saying is don’t blame the Big10 for your bowl placement. We are in a group of 3-4 teams and most of them have already been to NY. We have not. If we didn’t want that bowl, we should have won more games.

Right. We need to win nine games to get to the same bowls that seven and eight win teams keep going to.

I heard you the first time. The Gophers deserve worse than other Big Ten teams. Thanks for being a fan.

Right. We need to win nine games to get to the same bowls that seven and eight win teams keep going to.

I heard you the first time. The Gophers deserve worse than other Big Ten teams. Thanks for being a fan.
Your welcome!! Let’s win the Pinstripe!!

There is a pecking order in the bowls, when it is a certain bowl's turn they look at the eligible teams and choose one from each conference. How a bowl decides what team they want is dependent on many factors.
The BIG has nothing to do with it.
Paranoia has become a pandemic on this site.

A+++++ post.

It's almost as if Minnesotans have been inured to self-loathing.

We 'deserve' a lesser bowl than a 7-5 team, because we only went 8-4.
An 8-4 team didn't win enough games, so a team that went 7-5 'deserves' a better bowl game.

Don't forget the cherry on top, the final treat for self-loathers: we're mediocre.
Never, ever forget that: we're mediocre.

A+++++ post.

It's almost as if Minnesotans have been inured to self-loathing.

We 'deserve' a lesser bowl than a 7-5 team, because we only went 8-4.
An 8-4 team didn't win enough games, so a team that went 7-5 'deserves' a better bowl game.

Don't forget the cherry on top, the final treat for self-loathers: we're mediocre.
Never, ever forget that: we're mediocre.

Many of us are disappointed by the missed opportunity this year. But the self-loathing over it is unbearable. It's like certain posters are happy that the team and our players are being punished.

Many of us are disappointed by the missed opportunity this year. But the self-loathing over it is unbearable. It's like certain posters are happy that the team and our players are being punished.

No kidding.

Go read the Viking thread. Find out what they say about a team that's 10-2.

Your contention is that we "deserve" this game. How do two team with worse records deserve better bowls?
because they beat us and would have rolled the three cupcakes we played before the Big 10.

because they beat us and would have rolled the three cupcakes we played before the Big 10.

We didn't even play Maryland this year. And head-to-head didn't matter last year when Wisconsin and Purdue went to better bowl games despite losing to the Gophers.

"Deserve" has nothing to do with where these teams were slotted.

Illinois actually lost to Michigan State — a team we 'rolled' like a 'cupcake'. Illinois also lost to 4-8 Indiana.

Iowa lost to 4-8 Nebraska and 4-8 Iowa State. They 'rolled' South Dakota state by a score of 7-3.

The B1G bowl selection process is very subjective and therefore nearly total BS. They fail to realize that objective placement makes the league stronger.

The bowl selection process should be as simple as overall record > 1st tie breaker conference record > 2nd tie breaker head to head > 3rd tie breaker record vs same conference teams. And then placed in bowls according to payout.

This year we were leaped by one team, Iowa, which isn’t as bad as PSU leaping three teams last year, but it still stings.

Illinois actually lost to Michigan State — a team we 'rolled' like a 'cupcake'. Illinois also lost to 4-8 Indiana.

Iowa lost to 4-8 Nebraska and 4-8 Iowa State. They 'rolled' South Dakota state by a score of 7-3.
Did you watch us play Illinois by chance?

Top Bottom