Bielema Press Conference

I am a visitor to this board and will try and act like a visitor...

Hey, I can't argue with you. I deleted my post. Unfortunately since you quoted my post it is still up there. Although it was nothing graphic (just a word), I see your point. No problem.

Hey, I can't argue with you. I deleted my post. Unfortunately since you quoted my post it is still up there. Although it was nothing graphic (just a word), I see your point. No problem.

Edited my post as well. Peace.

I'm just gonna go out on a limb here and repeat the all time Minnesota-WI record... 59-51-3 with Minnesota leading, so i think it's rightfully stated that the Gophers own the Badgers, and there's no arguing with that.

It must kill these BADger fans learning that I do live in WI (attend the U, by choice, may I add not cuz I didn't get accepted and it was my back up or any shit like that) and I have to hear about how much these guys are the god-sends of the world and how if I don't get into Madison after HS I need to go jump off a bridge. Then you have the Badger fans that never attended the school and just jump on the bandwagon because everyone else tells them too. Suck it Badgers. Might I also mention that almost every Badger I know seems to forget that they truly never had a football team until Barry Alvarez arrived and had some success... Bielema is sending them back onto the path of mediocrity... and how sweet it is...

I'm guessing you were very young or not even born yet, but since your post relies mostly upon ancient history, I urge you to review the 1962 season. The Gophers were ranked a respectable #5 coming into the Axe game and coming off the Gophers most recent Rose Bowl appearance. Unfortunately, the Badgers were ranked #3 and ..... well you'll just have to google to find out what happened.

The Badgers have played in four Rose Bowls in my lifetime, and WON THREE of them! I'm sure your grandfather has told you wonderful stories about the Gophs under Bernie.

The Badgers have played in four Rose Bowls in my lifetime, and WON THREE of them! I'm sure your grandfather has told you wonderful stories about the Gophs under Bernie.

My point exactly, all won under Barry Alvarez ('94, '99, '00). WI first bowl victory in '82.

Nice to see this thread has devolved into a straight up pissing contest between Minnesota and Wisconsin. Can we at least wait for that until some games actually get played this season??;)

I'm just gonna go out on a limb here and repeat the all time Minnesota-WI record... 59-51-3 with Minnesota leading, so i think it's rightfully stated that the Gophers own the Badgers, and there's no arguing with that.

It must kill these BADger fans learning that I do live in WI (attend the U, by choice, may I add not cuz I didn't get accepted and it was my back up or any shit like that) and I have to hear about how much these guys are the god-sends of the world and how if I don't get into Madison after HS I need to go jump off a bridge. Then you have the Badger fans that never attended the school and just jump on the bandwagon because everyone else tells them too. Suck it Badgers. Might I also mention that almost every Badger I know seems to forget that they truly never had a football team until Barry Alvarez arrived and had some success... Bielema is sending them back onto the path of mediocrity... and how sweet it is...

Dude, you are seemingly as mentally challenged as you are physically challenged. WTF cares about what happened 70 years ago, are you serious? Though I am thinking that you are just an old Finn, with a maroon colostomy bag, angry at the world and living in 1941---damned Badgers---damned Japs---damned hippies. Whatever, while the 50,000 strong :)clap:) are twittering away during the game, once again BB will show that solid defense and an unstoppable offense can beat a twittering twit's team any time. Now, go ahead and live in the past old boy...Oh, Marquees is calling, he wants to know if he can borrow your wife's shower cap.

BB is right

Dude- It's absolutely true that nobody wants to play them there. CR is such an awesome place that the entire opposing team would transfer and walk on to UW's team.

Dude, you are seemingly as mentally challenged as you are physically challenged. WTF cares about what happened 70 years ago, are you serious? Though I am thinking that you are just an old Finn, with a maroon colostomy bag, angry at the world and living in 1941---damned Badgers---damned Japs---damned hippies. Whatever, while the 50,000 strong :)clap:) are twittering away during the game, once again BB will show that solid defense and an unstoppable offense can beat a twittering twit's team any time. Now, go ahead and live in the past old boy...Oh, Marquees is calling, he wants to know if he can borrow your wife's shower cap.

Unbelievable.

Why don't you let the people whom this board was made for discuss whatever we want while you take all of your badger-asses out the door. All of you are completely stubborn and about as annoying as that mosquito that you always hear but never can find and kill at night. All of you have diverged from the main point of this whole f*cking thread, and some of you have now decided to take personal shots, like the child I quoted.

I say leave if there's still any dignity left in any of you WI fans.

ha. I don't even need to say anything to prove a point here

In an attempt to bring this thread back on point, the poster Ol'Badger, posted home team records in Bielema's tenure at Wisconsin:
Wisconsin has the best home record in all games and is tied with OSU for all Big Ten games the last three years.

That is a fact.

If that doesn't make it the toughest place in the Big Ten to play, then I'd like to know your definition of "tough." Would it be the place where the visiting teams always win, then?

I'm confused.

In short, by the most important objective measure (ie. wins), Wisconsin's home field is the toughest place to play, since Bielema has been in the league, which is exactly what Bielema was talking about.

I hate to yell but let me try caps (nothing else seems to work)...

THIS ISN'T ABOUT WISCONSIN'S HOME RECORD... IT IS ABOUT BB'S CRAZY EXCUSE WHY WISCONSIN CAN'T GET GOOD TEAMS TO PLAY NON CONFERENCE

Amazingly, you keep avoiding the point. My expectation: You will post back about Wisconsin being tough at home. Or perhaps, try a 7,000 word essay providing play by play on Wisconsin's home wins. Either way... it won't address the whole point here: Saying that Wisconsin can't get quality non-con opponents because schools outside the Big 10 are afraid to play in CR is SILLY.

In short, by the most important objective measure (ie. wins), Wisconsin's home field is the toughest place to play, since Bielema has been in the league, which is exactly what Bielema was talking about.

Which has nothing to do with why Wisconsin can't get a BCS team to play them in Madison (which he also talked about).

(Although I'm sure Cal Poly is kicking themselves for agreeing to play there....totally ruined their season)

I hate to yell but let me try caps (nothing else seems to work)...

THIS ISN'T ABOUT WISCONSIN'S HOME RECORD... IT IS ABOUT BB'S CRAZY EXCUSE WHY WISCONSIN CAN'T GET GOOD TEAMS TO PLAY NON CONFERENCE

Amazingly, you keep avoiding the point. My expectation: You will post back about Wisconsin being tough at home. Or perhaps, try a 7,000 word essay providing play by play on Wisconsin's home wins. Either way... it won't address the whole point here: Saying that Wisconsin can't get quality non-con opponents because schools outside the Big 10 are afraid to play in CR is SILLY.

Dear Sir Schnauzer,
First, a good number of posts in this thread argue (poorly) that Camp Randall is not a tough place to play. I am responding to those posts by providing facts that show that, since Coach Bielema has led Wisconsin, Camp Randall is the toughest place to play for the simple reason that more visiting teams lose there more than any other place over Bielema's tenure of three years.

Second, in direct response to your point that, "Saying that Wisconsin can't get quality non-con opponents because schools outside the Big 10 are afraid to play in CR is SILLY," I think (as I stated in this thread earlier) that unless you are privy to the negotiations between Wisconsin and other non-conference schools (like Notre Dame, Auburn, and Boise State, all of whom have been approached to fill 2010 schedule slots), you really are poorly situated to have an opinion about the reasons these games aren't getting done. Maybe you are in on the negotiations, in which case I would agree with you that you probably know best, but, barring that, I'll take Barry Alvarez at his word. He says teams that he has spoken with do not want to come into Camp Randall. Maybe that's silly, but that is his experience after being involved in the negotiations.

My understanding (again, as I said earlier in the thread) is that at least one of the teams, Notre Dame, does not want a home and home, but would rather play two games at nuetral sites, on the theory, apparently, that Notre Dame's national draw would result in nuetral site games drawing more Notre Dame fans.

Finally, I don't think it is only Wisconsin that has this problem. It is a problem for most schools in college football. The attractive division one non-conference matchups are few and far in between. They just don't happen too much. Texas-OSU is a rarity. But other than a series like that, you have to kind of have a recent history of sucking for a top BCS team to come into your stadium. Most teams are understandably chicken because an away loss takes you out of the big BCS money, most seasons, plus if you're one of those teams that fills their stadium, it is further financially risky to skip out of a four home non-conference game with that kind of payday to play a game you could possibly lose across the country.

As I said before, some of it has to do with how far in advance these things are set and the fact that teams ebb and flow as far as how good they are from year to year (USC being a recent notable exception). In the last three years, or even the last ten years, it is hard to come up with a substantial list of non-conference, top 25 BCS teams playing home and home series.

p.s. Your caps worked. Thanks for setting me straight. I was thinking that there was something missing from this thread that was keeping me from staying on point. Turns out it was the lack of caps. For that, I thank you, sir. :)

Translation: Southfew agrees with BB that the college football world is too afraid to step into Camp Randall to schedule a game with Wisconsin. Thank you for finally weighing in on the main point here.

Check.

I've already commented on the "ongoing negotiations" and that was ignored and now it was resubmitted, true to the pattern here. If those games do get scheduled, do you think BB would admit non-con foes really are not afraid to play there after all? I either have to break out the caps lock for each and every point (nice to see that finally worked) or realize I am in a pissing contest and cut bait.

This shot was taken at a game on Thanksgiving vacation. Kids were out of school. That's why the tix were 1/2 price.
Cal Poly missed 2 xtra points and a field goal. Wisco scored 14 points in last 5 mins to win.
coincidentally, Minnesota lost 55-0 to Iowa at home that same weekend.
Bielema may be a jackass, but until the Gophers beat 'em they should shut up.

This shot was taken at a game on Thanksgiving vacation. Kids were out of school. That's why the tix were 1/2 price.
Cal Poly missed 2 xtra points and a field goal. Wisco scored 14 points in last 5 mins to win.

Dude! Reasonable posts have no place in this thread.:rolleyes:

My understanding (again, as I said earlier in the thread) is that at least one of the teams, Notre Dame, does not want a home and home, but would rather play two games at nuetral sites, on the theory, apparently, that Notre Dame's national draw would result in nuetral site games drawing more Notre Dame fans.

Please explain how ND would benefit financially by playing at a neutral site.

Seating Capacity:
Solider Field- 61,500
ND- 80,795
WI- 80,321

If they bring more fans, do they collect more money at the gate then Wisconsin? ;) Would NBC get both games?

Please explain how ND would benefit financially by playing at a neutral site.

Seating Capacity:
Solider Field- 61,500
ND- 80,795
WI- 80,321

If they bring more fans, do they collect more money at the gate then Wisconsin? ;) Would NBC get both games?

My guess would be that Notre Dame likes to play these neutral site games because they have a national following and by further increasing and strengthening this they can increase donations of alums spread around the country as well as merchandise sales. They are playing for instance a neutral site game against Wash. St. this year in San Antonio, TX.

beating wisconsin is about 8 weeks away

My guess would be that Notre Dame likes to play these neutral site games because they have a national following and by further increasing and strengthening this they can increase donations of alums spread around the country as well as merchandise sales. They are playing for instance a neutral site game against Wash. St. this year in San Antonio, TX.

I believe you're correct and ND does schedule these games partially b/c of their national following and partially for recruiting. I don't blame them for not wanting to play at Washington State. WSU is the redheaded stepchild of BCS conference schools. Its stadium seats only 35,000 and is located in the middle of nowhere (aka: Pullman, Washington). On a side note, Cougar fans should be embarrassed that their AD would ever agree to play a neutral site game like this IN TEXAS. For god's sake, at least get it set up for Quest Field in Seattle.

Top Bottom