Bielema Press Conference

GopherFan75

Reaction score
What a tool. He was asked where the toughest place to play in the Big Ten is, and he says Wisconsin. Then he basically says the reason they can't schedule tough non-conference games is because nobody wants to play at Camp Randall. It was painful to listen to this d-bag.
________
TRICHOME

I'm sure Cal-Poly would like another try...

Joe Pa had to get a laugh out of that.

Man alive! You just have to love hating this guy don't you? I mean seriously? Camp Randall is too intimidating for teams that's why we play teams like Wofford.

Good lord Cal Poly laid it to them at Camp Randall. You know people get on Brew for his over the top positivity, but I really hope we count our blessings we don't have a head coach as assinine and bull headed as this clown.

What a tool. He was asked where the toughest place to play in the Big Ten is, and he says Wisconsin. Then he basically says the reason they can't schedule tough non-conference games is because nobody wants to play at Camp Randall. It was painful to listen to this d-bag.

LMFAO.

Happy Valley? The Horseshoe? Kinnick? The Big House? Naw...Camp Randall.

Who would ever agree to play in front of this crowd?

picture.php

:rolleyes:

Big Ten (conference only) home winning % since 2000:

1. Ohio State (.806)
2. Michigan (.778)
3. Iowa (.750)
4. Penn State (.667)
5. Purdue (.639)
6. Wisconsin (.611) :rolleyes:

Yes, they are the 6th hardest place to play at in the conference - oooohhh scary.

As much as I dislike the Badgers, Gopher fans are really in no position to be criticizing another teams game day attendance and fan support, IMO. There are plenty of things we can criticize in regards to Wisconsin but fan support is not one of them.

GG, I agree. But Goldmember was pointing out that WI is not as great as they would have everyone believe ALL the time. Is Camp Randall usually a good place to watch a game with a fairly if not full season ticket section with loud students? Yes. But there are plenty of times I have seen CR have MANY empty seats like this in the past few years. When PSU was handing their a$$es to them last year, the fans were leaving in the 3rd quarter like crazy. It just proves that winning brings in fans. Period.

...There are plenty of things we can criticize in regards to Wisconsin but fan support is not one of them.

Why don't you suggest some instead of criticizing GOPHER fans, such as the rest of us, and unlike you. I don't believe that was the point of this thread anyway; it was criticizing Bielima(sp?) for saying no one wants to play them and others were just supplying the evidence to counter Bielima.

Go Gophers
SK Gopher

Considering the Badgers had more than 100% attendance (15th in nation in total attendance) while the Gophers were at about 77% (45th in total attendance), I think the above poster is correct.

As much as I dislike the Badgers, Gopher fans are really in no position to be criticizing another teams game day attendance and fan support, IMO. There are plenty of things we can criticize in regards to Wisconsin but fan support is not one of them.

GG, you'd have more of a point if anyone in this thread was trying to say the Gophers are better. As far as I can tell everyone with the exception of Goldmember has only been ridiculing BB's claim that CR is the the hardest place to play in the conference. Attendance hasn't even factored into the convo until you went after that photo.

Considering the Badgers had more than 100% attendance (15th in nation in total attendance) while the Gophers were at about 77% (45th in total attendance), I think the above poster is correct.

Ugh..he'd be correct if anyone (again, besides goldmember and his photo) was, ya know, talking about attendance. :rolleyes:

Why don't you suggest some instead of criticizing GOPHER fans, such as the rest of us, and unlike you. I don't believe that was the point of this thread anyway; it was criticizing Bielima(sp?) for saying no one wants to play them and others were just supplying the evidence to counter Bielima.

Go Gophers
SK Gopher

If I misinterpreted the intent of the photo I apologize. Camp Randall is not the tough a place to play because Wisconsin isn't that good on the field of late, not because the fans don't show up to the game.

As long as the sun rises in the morning I'm sure you can leave the constant echoing of the announced attendance at Camp Randall to Badger fans.

Old Badger fans give young Badger fans cheese curds as a reward everytime they quote annouced attendance at CR. What are you two getting?

BTW, I didn't say a word about attendance. This just happened to be the photo of Camp Randall that I had. :cool:

brent enema has no chance to survive with his going to college at iowa and then coaching the BADgers.

He is a lousy public speaker-how can a recruit want to play for him I will never know.

Can someone get a cheese grater and grate that tigerhawk off his calf. Guy has been a toolbag since College. HIs senior year after beating ISU(all 4 years), he went up to the Cyclone coach, Jim Walden i believe, and said as a direct quote to his face " I enjoyed kicking your @ss for the past 4 years".

While, even as a Badger fan I would have voted for PSU as the toughest place to play. He is correct when it comes to scheduling. There has been several instances where they tried to get a BCS team in only to have them balk at coming back. Texas was the latest example of this. UW agreed to play there first but Texas tried to get the return game pushed back which basically ensured they would buy that game out and not return the trip and they would come up to UW first either.

Excuse me

But I can rag on any becky fan if I have a reason or not. Being Wisconsin and all the stuff that goes on there is reason enough.
I wonder what that fat redneck is going to say after we beat them? I can just see Goldy now chopping off what little nuts becky has with the axe.

Go Gophers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Notice how the troll uses "Gopher fans" are in no position......... coming on this board pretending to be one of us. Take a hike tool ;)

While, even as a Badger fan I would have voted for PSU as the toughest place to play. He is correct when it comes to scheduling. There has been several instances where they tried to get a BCS team in only to have them balk at coming back. Texas was the latest example of this. UW agreed to play there first but Texas tried to get the return game pushed back which basically ensured they would buy that game out and not return the trip and they would come up to UW first either.

This isn't entirely accurate. The problem was Wisconsin was going to have to cut a team out of their non conference to get the deal done (similar to how Minnesota cut their series with Washington State to get USC). They weren't willing to do it, so the deal fell apart. ESPN was rumored to have played a role in trying to set up the match up. Basically if Wisconsin wanted the match up bad enough it would have happened and would have been set for an ABC/ESPN prime time slot.

Barry Alvarez was notorious for filling the non-conference schedule with crap teams. Pretty sure Bielema has followed suit. There was a rumor they were trying to set up a future match up with Notre Dame but I haven't heard anything about that in a while...

Wisconsin really needs to start lining up some better non conference games. Every year I hear more and more people not renewing season tickets because of the lack of good non-conference home games.

Notice how the troll uses "Gopher fans" are in no position......... coming on this board pretending to be one of us. Take a hike tool ;)

Nice try but wrong again like you are about so much. It must drive you nuts that I am a alum.

doesn't mean your a gopher fan d bag

Someone is sensitive if you view my realistic observation about lack of gopher fan support/attendance as criticism. You can say what you want yet whether you like it or not the University is always going to cater to the alumni first and foremost and not some guy whose only ties to the school are a few drunken saturdays a year.

Agreed...Bielema has managed to undo all of the goodwill and hard work that Alvarez established. I'm sure he'd vote for himself as the best coach in the Big Ten.

Top Bottom