All Things TV Series Recommendations/Reviews

We are on episode 5 or 6 of Murder at the End of the World. I feel it started strong and is getting worse as it goes on.
Sorry to hear that. Will probably soldier through anyway.

Always finish what you start..

I'll be interested in what you thought.
Watched episodes 4 & 5 last night. Still has my attention but it did bog down a bit, especially episode 5. Flashbacks are too long.

Finished up Fargo last night. As others have said, fantastic season. And that season finale just may be the best I've ever seen. You knew something was still coming, but the writers turned "Fargo" completely on its head and created something truly unexpected.

Finished up Fargo last night. As others have said, fantastic season. And that season finale just may be the best I've ever seen. You knew something was still coming, but the writers turned "Fargo" completely on its head and created something truly unexpected.
Hard to not like Bisquick.

Started watching Mr Inbetween tonight. Not bad. Dude is pretty ruthless, yet easy to like. Episodes are short. Like 25 minutes or so. Appears to be 3 seasons with about 26 episodes total.

I re watched True Detective S1 in prep for the newest season which started a few weeks ago. I swear that is my favorite season of any show ever made.

I re watched True Detective S1 in prep for the newest season which started a few weeks ago. I swear that is my favorite season of any show ever made.

The first season of True Detective is most definitely one of the best series I have ever seen. It's incredibly good. The performances by Woody and Matthew M are epic caliber. Loved it, I should go and watch it again as well.

Plowed through every episode of Mr Inbetween. Thought it was a very good series.
Have never heard of Scott Ryan and from what I can find its about all he has done, save for a movie called The Magician based off the same character.

Finished up the Disney+ series "Percy Jackson and the Olympians."

Liked it a lot. I usually don't like shows with kids in them, but the younger cast in this show really does a nice job. I haven't read any of the books in the series (there are a lot of books in this series...) but they explain everything well enough so that wasn't a problem. a few fun cameos by adult actors playing the various Greek Gods, including pro wrestler Adam Copeland ("Edge") as the God of War, and Lin Manuel-Miranda as Hermes.

So I would definitely recommend it.

Finished up the Disney+ series "Percy Jackson and the Olympians."

Liked it a lot. I usually don't like shows with kids in them, but the younger cast in this show really does a nice job. I haven't read any of the books in the series (there are a lot of books in this series...) but they explain everything well enough so that wasn't a problem. a few fun cameos by adult actors playing the various Greek Gods, including pro wrestler Adam Copeland ("Edge") as the God of War, and Lin Manuel-Miranda as Hermes.

So I would definitely recommend it.
Plus, Lance Reddick's final role as Zeus.

All caught up on Slow Horses. Seemed to get better and better. Once I started watching it, couldn't stop.

About halfway through the first season of Slow Horses right now and so far pretty good, we really like it; so far just overlooking the political slant of the "far right wing", "white nationalism" boogeyman story line. The rest of the cast and the back stories are good enough to carry it so far.

The mix of action, suspense and dark comedy so far is very entertaining. Oldman is of course very, very good. Really looking forward to where it goes this first season!

About halfway through the first season of Slow Horses right now and so far pretty good, we really like it; so far just overlooking the political slant of the "far right wing", "white nationalism" boogeyman story line. The rest of the cast and the back stories are good enough to carry it so far.

The mix of action, suspense and dark comedy so far is very entertaining. Oldman is of course very, very good. Really looking forward to where it goes this first season!

About halfway through the second season of Slow Horses at this point. I have to say, I really really like it. Very well done, very good cast, good characters. First series I've watched on Apple TV, browsing around it looks like there could be a number of other good series to try from that provider.

Two Thumbs Up for this series for me so far.

About halfway through the second season of Slow Horses at this point. I have to say, I really really like it. Very well done, very good cast, good characters. First series I've watched on Apple TV, browsing around it looks like there could be a number of other good series to try from that provider.

Two Thumbs Up for this series for me so far.
Apple has some pretty good shows. We usually subscribe for a month or two each year and binge watch everything we can before cancelling.

Anyone watch Masters of the Air yet?

Finally got around to watching Letterkenny. On season two....love it!

If you liked Trailor Park Boys, you will like Letterkenny.

Apple has some pretty good shows. We usually subscribe for a month or two each year and binge watch everything we can before cancelling.

Anyone watch Masters of the Air yet?
Yes, I’ve been watching it. I like it. The first episode started and I’m thinking to myself, “Geeze this pilot freaking acts like Elvis”. So not knowing who the actors were, looked it up and lo and behold.

Last edited:

Episode 3 of Curb Your Enthusiasm was an Instant Classic. Probably Top 10 of all time.

Episode 3 of Curb Your Enthusiasm was an Instant Classic. Probably Top 10 of all time.

Thought the same thing. Basically every plotline in the episode was funny. And getting both Vince Vaughn (who's a perfect fit for the show as the Funkhauser replacement) and Richard Lewis in this episode? Top ten episode of the entire run.....no doubt.

It was hard for me to come to the conclusion, but I do think Curb is superior.

Seinfeld is great. But CYE (tied with Always Sunny) is the best sitcom of all time.

Speaking of Seinfeld and CYE.....I've also been rewatching 'Veep'. Another brilliant sitcom if you never watched it. Julia Louis-Dreyfus is fantastic....as is the entire cast. And it's a DEEP cast.

Thought the same thing. Basically every plotline in the episode was funny. And getting both Vince Vaughn (who's a perfect fit for the show as the Funkhauser replacement) and Richard Lewis in this episode? Top ten episode of the entire run.....no doubt.

Seinfeld is great. But CYE (tied with Always Sunny) is the best sitcom of all time.

Speaking of Seinfeld and CYE.....I've also been rewatching 'Veep'. Another brilliant sitcom if you never watched it. Julia Louis-Dreyfus is fantastic....as is the entire cast. And it's a DEEP cast.
I will start Veep as soon as we get through Always/Sunny (making my wife watch the whole series for the first time. This is my 2nd time).

I would put Seinfeld, Always Sunny, and Curb in the top five of all time. Trailer Park Boys belongs in there for me as well. I'm gonna put Bojack Horsman in there to round it out.

My list is based on what I like more than anything.

Last edited:

Shogun starts tomorrow.

Looking forward to this one. FX doesn't fumble the ball very often. Now I just need to decide whether I want to make it a weekly viewing appointment or wait until the entire season is completed and binge watch.

Looking forward to this one. FX doesn't fumble the ball very often. Now I just need to decide whether I want to make it a weekly viewing appointment or wait until the entire season is completed and binge watch.
Understood. More of a binge watcher myself, but I’m watching the two episodes that are out now. Almost completed the second one.

watched the first two episodes of Shogun. Definitely recommend it.

A different tone than the 1980's mini-series. the TV version told things mostly from Blackthorne's point of view. this version gets into more of the background and motivation of the Japanese characters including the political intrigue.

note - when Japanese characters are speaking to each other, the scenes are sub-titled. I know some people don't like sub-titles, so take that into consideration.

watched the first two episodes of Shogun. Definitely recommend it.

A different tone than the 1980's mini-series. the TV version told things mostly from Blackthorne's point of view. this version gets into more of the background and motivation of the Japanese characters including the political intrigue.

note - when Japanese characters are speaking to each other, the scenes are sub-titled. I know some people don't like sub-titles, so take that into consideration.
We watch almost everything with subtitles even when they're in English so that wouldn't be a problem for my wife and I.

Top Bottom