All Things Royce White Thread UPDATED 10/25: Royce cut by 76ers

Royce- "AGAIN, no one is quitting ANYTHING, just getting prepared 4 next season with the @HoustonRockets... I'm very excited, can't wait to rejoin," White wrote on his verified account.

Percent chance he's in the NBA next year?

My sister taped the Dr. Phil episode with him on it. He stated that he got anxiety disorder after smoking weed for the first time. He went on saying that the NBA doesn't have a policy in place to deal with players with mental illness. What I read into it was, he should be able to make full salary and not have to fly to away games. Dr Phil was supportive. I don't get how you cant medicate the situation to be able to fly, B.A. Barackus did it in the A Team. I will now surrender my man card to Dr. Don in hopes I can out drink him to get it back.

My sister taped the Dr. Phil episode with him on it. He stated that he got anxiety disorder after smoking weed for the first time. He went on saying that the NBA doesn't have a policy in place to deal with players with mental illness. What I read into it was, he should be able to make full salary and not have to fly to away games. Dr Phil was supportive. I don't get how you cant medicate the situation to be able to fly, B.A. Barackus did it in the A Team. I will now surrender my man card to Dr. Don in hopes I can out drink him to get it back.

Should have a poll to find out who the bigger attention hound is, Phil or Royce....

I would just like Royce to go away at this point.

What a train wreck.

Yep.

Hope somehow Royce figures out that the world doesn't revolve around him. At some point he'll become yesterday's news (if he isn't already), and I'm not real confident his ego will be able to handle that. This could have a bad ending.

Way to be on the ball Shooter...

http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterocke...-d-league-but-does-not-plan-to-stay-for-long/

Posted on March 27, 2013 at 11:56 am

White left the team last week, missing three games including a road trip to Indiana and Pennsylvania, telling CNN that the inconsistency of living in hotels is unhealthy for him because of his anxiety disorder. He returned on Tuesday, planning to play the season’s final six regular-season games, all at home, but said after the game that he would not play in the D-League postseason because of its “hectic” schedule.

“I’ll be here until the end of the regular season,” White told The Monitor after the game. “The playoff schedule and how hectic it is in the D-League probably ain’t going be the best thing for me. Going to the playoffs, I want them to have a team that’s going to stick together.”

When are they going to make a South Park episode based upon this clown?

Can we close or delete this thread and never mention his name again?

Quite honestly, what is this guy going to do with his life? It seems that pro basketball and its demands doesn't work for him. What will? What job won't have "demands" and "hectic schedules" and whatever? I don't wish misfortune on anyone. I hope he finds a way to live his life productively. But it wouldn't surprise me if he ends up being one of these people who we find homeless or otherwise destitute later on.

This isn't an attempt to defend Royce White even the slightest bit, but I don't understand the people talking about him being an "attention whore" and that he's doing this stuff over ego.

Wouldn't he receive a ton more attention by being a really good NBA basketball player? Wouldn't that stroke the ego a bit more than playing NBDL games for Rio Grande? He seems to be someone who is in dire need of mental health treatment more than someone who is just doing things for attention. He is avoiding tons of praise, exposure, and attention due to his "medical condition".

Again, I'm not using mental illness as a scape goat with Royce, because even if he is battling some form of anxiety, he sure doesn't seem to be helping himself one bit. But I don't think it makes sense to call it an ego or attention thing when the guy is playing basketball in Rio Grande rather than in the NBA playoffs with Houston.

Royce White. Ya can't help but love the little creature. He will end up losing millions of dollars to gain some attention. My kind of guy.

As a person that would call Royce a friend, he is really messing things up for himself. I understand the anxiety disorder but pop some Xanax and play 8 or so seasons and be set for life. I wish him the best and hope stuff turns around for him.

Most ridiculous thing I've seen in a while. "Looking shaaaaky baaaaby". WTF???????? Isn't he the definition of shaky?

I have much sympathy for people with anxiety disorders, I know some personally. It is a real and difficult condition to deal with. That being said, because you have the condition doesn't mean you have to be an idiot.

Top Bottom