All Things Royce White Thread UPDATED 10/25: Royce cut by 76ers

Hadn't seen that before. Thanks GL. Wish you posted more often-like the old days.

Thanks, I still post...but sometimes, I just don't feel like fighting all the time and defending every word!!! :)

Disagree - He has already helped many if you follow him on Twitter.

I remember when Myron did that piece on Royce last year that came out the same day they beat Kansas. I remember being so proud of him, that he spoke out about this, moreso, than leading his team to victory. I think he could do so much for mental illness if he did play, become a top player, and his reach and influence would be so huge. I think that would be more impactful that replying to all of his haters on Twitter.

Royce White on HBO 9pm tonight

Bryant Gumbel special tonight at 10pm Eastern so I assume 9pm Central on HBO. Royce White being interviewed about his displeasure with the way his NBA team is handling his illness.

I'm not watching it because that racist Bryant Gumbel is on it.

For those of us that ARE interested in the HBO interview, can anyone comment on what he said and if made any mention of his future basketball career?

The interview was interesting & I recommend watching it. To my surprise, he came off as extremely well spoken.

That said, those of us that have followed his drama over the years have a hard time believing any word out of his mouth. Flashes of the MOA video with him roughing up the rent-a-cop kept running through my head....that certainly helped raised my BS meter.

I would be curious to see what someone who has never heard of him thought about the piece since there was no mention of anything prior to him going to Iowa State.

Rockets close to an agreement with Royce White to return to team

Rookie forward Royce White is close to returning to the Rockets and to reporting to their D-League affiliate.

In a call in to a morning show on 97.9 The Box, White said he plans to report to the D-League on Feb. 11, pending “paper work” on a plan with the team.

According to a person with knowledge of the plan, the Rockets are close to making an announcement in which White would return to the team under a written agreement that includes key elements of the protocols that White wanted to have as an addendum to his contract.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterocke...agreement-with-royce-white-to-return-to-team/

Go Gophers!!

Hopefully if Royce ever plays in the NBA he'll be able to handle the heckling in opposing arenas. It'll be much more brutal than anything he heard playing in college. There are some creative hecklers out there, and they'll be very aware of his personal circus.

Like sands through the hourglass, so are the days.........................................

Chuck Klosterman on Royce White

[Klosterman]So what would you have done if, upon drafting you, the Rockets had said this: "Look — this is going to be hard for you. It might, in fact, be detrimental. But that is just part of competing at this sport at this level."

[White]You can't do that, though. You can't discriminate against somebody, because that's ADA6 law. People say I'm getting special treatment, but it's the NBA who wants special treatment. They want to say they're this rarefied profession where laws don't apply. But ADA law is federal. I've always said the NBA should have a mental health policy. I didn't know they didn't have one, until I got drafted. But the NCAA doesn't have one, either … I had to sit my first year at Iowa State, because there was no mental health protocol. I transferred on the basis of mental health issues. Both my doctor and my psychiatrist wrote letters to the NCAA that said my staying at Minnesota would not be healthy, because I'd just been through a three-month case where I was targeted by police for a crime I was not guilty of, and that I needed a fresh start. Because I have a mental illness. But the NCAA denied my waiver.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8890734/chuck-klosterman-royce-white

Poor Royce.

How can anybody be so unlucky to have the whole world against him.

[Klosterman]I transferred on the basis of mental health issues. Both my doctor and my psychiatrist wrote letters to the NCAA that said my staying at Minnesota would not be healthy

This guy is a narcissistic pathological lair.

If Royce really wants the NBA treated like any other profession and that professions laws, I hope Houston police charges him with assault the first time he fouls somebody. Because, the laws that apply to any other job do call that assault. Hope he doesn't commit any flagrant fouls. Could see jail time.

"I think it's a very true statement. At the end of the day, we all stand on one side of a line, and it's always going to be opposed by somebody else," he says. And then he really goes to the rack. "I don't like to compare myself to other great people.8 But I'm sure Gandhi was insufferable to some people. Martin Luther King was insufferable. JFK was certainly insufferable. Galileo was insufferable. It's always tough to tolerate people who say the things that other people don't want to say."

Just noticed this one.

If Royce really wants the NBA treated like any other profession and that professions laws, I hope Houston police charges him with assault the first time he fouls somebody. Because, the laws that apply to any other job do call that assault. Hope he doesn't commit any flagrant fouls. Could see jail time.

it's battery

He plays the martyr card all too well. Narcissism is his biggest problem.

[Klosterman]So what would you have done if, upon drafting you, the Rockets had said this: "Look — this is going to be hard for you. It might, in fact, be detrimental. But that is just part of competing at this sport at this level."

[White]You can't do that, though. You can't discriminate against somebody, because that's ADA6 law. People say I'm getting special treatment, but it's the NBA who wants special treatment. They want to say they're this rarefied profession where laws don't apply. But ADA law is federal. I've always said the NBA should have a mental health policy. I didn't know they didn't have one, until I got drafted. But the NCAA doesn't have one, either … I had to sit my first year at Iowa State, because there was no mental health protocol. I transferred on the basis of mental health issues. Both my doctor and my psychiatrist wrote letters to the NCAA that said my staying at Minnesota would not be healthy, because I'd just been through a three-month case where I was targeted by police for a crime I was not guilty of, and that I needed a fresh start. Because I have a mental illness. But the NCAA denied my waiver.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8890734/chuck-klosterman-royce-white

I thought he transferred on the basis of criminal justice issues.

How much is White's credibility still tarnished by the whole laptop theft thing? I'll be honest, I have a hard time believing anything he says because in the back of my mind I can't forget the shady character who stole from fellow students.

I've never rooted so hard against a Minnesota guy in my life. I unabashedly hope he fails. He's a sociopath. Cunning, intelligent, manipulative & completely incorrigible. He's been a problem everywhere he's ever played, except his year at Iowa St (who knows what is said behind closed doors about him there?). He's never once apologized to his victims (why would he, he's so much better than they are.). He cons the gullible & demonizes everyone who's too smart to fall for his act.

I've never rooted so hard against a Minnesota guy in my life. I unabashedly hope he fails. He's a sociopath. Cunning, intelligent, manipulative & completely incorrigible. He's been a problem everywhere he's ever played, except his year at Iowa St (who knows what is said behind closed doors about him there?). He's never once apologized to his victims (why would he, he's so much better than they are.). He cons the gullible & demonizes everyone who's too smart to fall for his act.

Good thing for Royce there are guys like J-Strings out there.

Top Bottom