All Things DinkyTown Athletes

Might be something for DTA to look into.

Might be something for DTA to look into.
I mean …… you do recognize the utter difference between a foundation that helps people in need and the overall betterment of society versus …… [checks notes] giving 18-22 year olds spending money that they can use to buy literally whatever they want, in order to get/keep them on the U’s football team.

Right?

These aren’t novelties. They are real, valid license plates.

I mean …… you do recognize the utter difference between a foundation that helps people in need and the overall betterment of society versus …… [checks notes] giving 18-22 year olds spending money that they can use to buy literally whatever they want, in order to get/keep them on the U’s football team.

Right?

These aren’t novelties. They are real, valid license plates.
I mean... you do recognize how many differ options there are for custom plates... Right?

Just pointing out there are numerous ways to make some funds

I mean... you do recognize how many differ options there are for custom plates... Right?
Which are motivated by putting extra spending money into the pockets of college football players, or even within a mile of such motivations. That’s crap I would expect to see in Alabama. Not a reasonable state like Minnesota.

Just pointing out there are numerous ways to make some funds

I think the plates have to be for charitable orgs with certain tax statuses. The new Wolves plates specifically supports the Wolves community fund or whatever it’s called.

Fortunately none. Close friend is a writer of murder mysteries. So, between reading and watching a lot of TV movies/programs in this area that's what Max's delivery reminded me of.

I'm saying PJ's description of Max's over the top amazing leadership qualities were not confirmed by my first impression.

Go get some bacon

shut-up-and-take-my-money-philip-j-fry.gif

Can always use some bacon. Is that 7th Avenue pizza thing still going?

I love the general concept. I love bacon.

But sometimes ... you just can't make it up. Just can't.

Co-ops? You mean, those really small, really expensive places where hippy's buy their ultra non-processed granola? I'm wild guessing that most Gopher football fans don't go there to buy groceries.

And it can only be from .... eight ... specific locations in the main metro. Ten if including exurbs Chan and Hastings.

I love the general concept. I love bacon.

But sometimes ... you just can't make it up. Just can't.

Co-ops? You mean, those really small, really expensive places where hippy's buy their ultra non-processed granola? I'm wild guessing that most Gopher football fans don't go there to buy groceries.

And it can only be from .... eight ... specific locations in the main metro. Ten if including exurbs Chan and Hastings.
I remember when co-ops were inexpensive because they were member owned. Now they are like boutiques.

The bacon deal must have been a hit. The promotion was extended to dozens of stores including grocery stores. I'm running to the Festival later; BLTs tonight.

Have any schools put in escalator plans in their deals with athletes? Stay 1 year, you get 30k. In year 2, you get 50k, in year 3 you get 75, etc. Using that sort of math as a way to keep kids from transferring all the time. Otherwise, it will be in the player's favor to move every year for a bigger deal.

Top Bottom