All Things DinkyTown Athletes

Have any schools put in escalator plans in their deals with athletes? Stay 1 year, you get 30k. In year 2, you get 50k, in year 3 you get 75, etc. Using that sort of math as a way to keep kids from transferring all the time. Otherwise, it will be in the player's favor to move every year for a bigger deal.
Nothing that I've seen like this, but I wouldn't be shocked to hear it happen. It might even be happening already in someone's NIL deal with undisclosed details.

However, I don't think that will curb players moving around too much. I think buyouts will enter the NIL realm soon as a way to try to lock down a player from jumping ship to someone who will pay them a bit more.

Have any schools put in escalator plans in their deals with athletes? Stay 1 year, you get 30k. In year 2, you get 50k, in year 3 you get 75, etc. Using that sort of math as a way to keep kids from transferring all the time. Otherwise, it will be in the player's favor to move every year for a bigger deal.
Not a bad idea. But i don’t think unlimited transfers without sitting out will be the rule.

I used to live right next to a BIG liquor store. My deck on my apartment actually faced it.

That was NOT an unusual event. Not being a big drinker I didn't realize that ...
I lived in North Carolina for a few years after college. They have the drive through liquor stores. I saw several times trucks being loaded up pretty good. Not like in the picture I posted but a good amount.

Is there a place that shows where the Duck Duck Beer is being sold?

LOL

“If we can do 30% of the Minnesota market leader in vodka we will be close to our million-dollar goal."

What is the total market in MN for all Vodka purchases period?? Hundreds of million per year?

"Hey guys, just make Gray Duck get 30% of that!! We'll in turn donate $1M to DTA! Win win!!!"

Good grief ...

Outstanding news with Grey Duck. The naysayers are wrong when it comes to NIL potential for the U of M. There are so many resources here along with a large population.

But a a majority of people still are uneducated about the entire NIL process or DTA. I have stated before that I think they should spend a bit on advertising to educate people on who they are and the impact they can have. Once the word is out and people are aware of this, it will be self-sustaining with little need for ads.

Also, each one of us can do our part by simply posting on our social media accounts or pushing Grey Duck on our local watering holes. The potential in this market is huge because of how little competition there is compared to other large campuses across the US.

LOL

“If we can do 30% of the Minnesota market leader in vodka we will be close to our million-dollar goal."

What is the total market in MN for all Vodka purchases period?? Hundreds of million per year?

"Hey guys, just make Gray Duck get 30% of that!! We'll in turn donate $1M to DTA! Win win!!!"

Good grief ...
1704986344509.png

It’s blatant false advertising.

What is GD right now as a percentage of all MN vodka purchases? Wild guess 0.005%.

Guys, if we could just bump that up to … 30%, then we’ve got something!
“market leader” as in one vodka brand that sold the most in MN. NOT total sales of all vodka as you’re suggesting

It’s blatant false advertising.

What is GD right now as a percentage of all MN vodka purchases? Wild guess 0.005%.

Guys, if we could just bump that up to … 30%, then we’ve got something!
I don’t know if it’s false advertising because they layout what it would take to get $1 Million for DTA.
But I doubt they will reach the goal.

However, I’m all in until there’s something better!

“market leader” as in one vodka brand that sold the most in MN. NOT total sales of all vodka as you’re suggesting
Yes, and with how many different Vodka brands are out there, this is not out of the realm of possibility.

You’re right. But it’s ambiguous if that means only a single brand or a single parent company.

No chance in hell that every single brand of vodka is its own company. Wouldn’t be surprised if there are only like five companies behind the 100 most popular brands. That’s often true in many types of consumer items.

And of course what percent does “the market leader” have right now?

They (Gray Duck) know that number, clearly, to be able to make that claim in the first place.

But they didn’t share that number in the press release.

For good reason, I contend.

You’re right. But it’s ambiguous if that means only a single brand or a single parent company.

No chance in hell that every single brand of vodka is its own company. Wouldn’t be surprised if there are only like five companies behind the 100 most popular brands. That’s often true in many types of consumer items.

And of course what percent does “the market leader” have right now?

They (Gray Duck) know that number, clearly, to be able to make that claim in the first place.

But they didn’t share that number in the press release.

For good reason, I contend.
They literally said "if." "If we do 30% of the marker leader we'll be close."

WTF are you arguing?

They’ve done nothing legally wrong and I did not imply any such thing.

LOL

Good grief ...
Seems pretty win win to me.
  • People who enjoy Vodka have an excuse to buy more.
  • A local MN business gets more profit, so that money stays within MN instead of going to a company based elsewhere.
  • DTA gets a big donation, which helps the U in this new NIL realm
Sure, maybe they don't succeed, but if they do there doesn't seem to be a loser (at least not one we care about)?

Soccer also, I think she’s led the state in goals scored the last couple seasons
Providence plays an incredibly weak girls soccer schedule though, so keep that in mind when considering goals scored. I'm not saying she's not a good player, but the teams Providence plays are pretty weak (they're running up the score on some of them) compared to what most of the top players in the state are playing.

I wonder if she's still doing club soccer. I think that would be pretty tough to do if she is concentrating on basketball.

Top Bottom