All Things DinkyTown Athletes

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
A thread to post anything related to DinkyTown Ahtletes

giphy.gif

Got an email invite today for a special fund raising event coming up with DTA, see below:
——————————————————————
In an effort to bolster our NIL support for Gopher Football, Dinkytown Athletes will be hosting an exclusive event with Coach PJ Fleck and our Gopher Football coaching staff at Interlachen Country Club on Tuesday, October 10th. The event will be a social hour event from 6:00 - 9:00 pm for all supporters of Gopher Football through Dinkytown Athletes who support at the Champions Level ($5,000 or more) or higher. Our goal for the evening's event is to raise at least $250,000 from 50 new Champions level members to support our Gopher Football student-athletes. This will be a critical effort as our staff prepares for the upcoming offseason to set our team up for continued success in 2024 and beyond. While I know you do not live here locally, this fundraising event is a top priority for our football program.

If you are not familiar, Gopher Athletics partners with our official NIL collective, Dinkytown Athletes, as the central point of contact for our student-athletes to financially benefit from their name, image, and likeness. As our football program prepares for the offseason, we are focused on retention of our Gopher Football players and providing our players, who have earned the ability to benefit from their NIL through their play, academic success, and involvement in the Minneapolis community, with increased financial opportunities through Dinkytown Athletes. If you are interested in learning more about Dinkytown Athletes, you can visit their website, or feel free to ask me any questions. I am also happy to connect you with Jeremiah Carter, our Senior Associate AD for NIL Policy and Risk Management as well as Rob Gag and Derek Burns, who run Dinkytown Athletes, if you have questions.

If you are interested in supporting and attending this exclusive event, you can join support Dinkytown Athletes at the Champions level ($5,000+) online on Dinkytown Athlete's page. Be sure to select Gopher Football as the team you'd like to support or I would be happy to assist you with a contribution over the phone. Note: Dinkytown Athletes contributions are not tax deductible nor receive Gopher Score or Gopher Loyalty program credit, but come with many benefits, including the invite to this event.
——————————————————————

If you are a “Champion” donor with DTA, should be a cool event. 👍

Any idea if this duck duck beer supports gopher football regardless of where it's purchased?

In other words, do I have to buy it at specific liquor stores to get my 20% to Dinkytown?

Any idea if this duck duck beer supports gopher football regardless of where it's purchased?

In other words, do I have to buy it at specific liquor stores to get my 20% to Dinkytown?

From what I’ve read it’s all sales. So if you buy it—20% goes to DTA regardless of location.

Unless I misheard, the Gopher Gridiron podcast clarified that it's 20% of revenue (not profit).
I hadn't heard that, I was going off the DTA post above. I hope that is correct. That would match the arrangement that Iowa has with their similar program.

I used to buy a new Gopher hat at the fair every year. That has gone away. They don't sell any on the dinky town sight listed here. Can't seem to find any decent unless I run down to the stadium.

Any good links that would help me find one that helps the athletes?

They're saying ALL revenue
Yep, I said revenue, which would imply all revenue. :)

But, to put a bow on any remaining confusion, let's distinguish between revenue and profit.

Revenue is the total amount of income generated by the sale of goods or services related to the company's primary operations. Profit, which is typically called net profit or the bottom line, is the amount of income that remains after accounting for all expenses, debts, additional income streams, and operating costs.

I'm a former art major, so that's as much as I can contribute to this! lol

20% of profit or revenue ... either way is the process relying on retailers to accurately report their
sales? and then responsibly submit the proper amount?
I suppose if someone actually keeps track of product shipped and verifies amounts submitted it's possible but I'm guessing there will be significant spillage into the retailers register of the 20%.
And then that accounting person needs to be a volunteer or we are running the risk of being in the red.

20% of profit or revenue ... either way is the process relying on retailers to accurately report their
sales? and then responsibly submit the proper amount?
I suppose if someone actually keeps track of product shipped and verifies amounts submitted it's possible but I'm guessing there will be significant spillage into the retailers register of the 20%.
And then that accounting person needs to be a volunteer or we are running the risk of being in the red.

You don’t think they will know how much product they shipped places and then how much remains to know how much was sold?

The maker of this beer is a company. It isn’t a DTA volunteer brewing in his basement.

Top Bottom