All Things DinkyTown Athletes

Wisconsin (and Iowa) fans will be in turmoil if they only carry duck duck.

LOTS of players tweeting the past couple days that they’re with Dinkytown Athletes and encouraging you to join. Lindenberg, Kesich, Eastern, Johnson, Baranowski, etc…and I’m told there will be more in the coming days.

If you haven’t joined yet, have some expendable income, are frustrated with the results this season, and want to keep good players and attract new ones, I urge you to join Dinkytown Athletes. Nobody has to, but those who do WILL be making a difference.

Im surprised some of the bigger names were not already part of it but maybe had some other opportunities already. Hopefully Duck Duck is making a difference.

Im surprised some of the bigger names were not already part of it but maybe had some other opportunities already. Hopefully Duck Duck is making a difference.

There was some alluding to it on the radio that the Collective is starting to make inroads in the community through more connections. I think it's more reaching out to alumni that went through specific schools like the Carlson school of management, etc, etc, The connections are at that alumni level rather than at the Corporate/Top level of a fortune 500 company.

I also wonder if the Collective is now in the process of signing deals for the 2024 calendar year.

Taylor’s tweet today should solidify for everyone the importance of DTA. I don’t know what they’re paying him, but I’m glad they are…and I’m excited to be part of the group that’s helping keep him and other impact players around. Again, if you’re frustrated with this season and the transfer portal and have a little expendable income, please consider joining DTA. It’s clearly making a difference.

This is a good trend. Rather than have local businesses sponsor individual Gopher athletes......get them to support the collective as a whole. No reason why Gophers athletics cannot partner with these companies to get steady revenue coming back into the collective.
How about Gophers Wheaties next?

I think this is the way forward for corporate money. I don't care what the consumer product is, I'm going to consider choosing the Gopher branded product over others if given the choice.
Agreed. I have to think it increases sales pretty significantly. Probably not going to get someone like General Mills but could be more opportunity with some local businesses.

Iowa has Hyvee running lot of ads with players, no reason we shouldn't be able to do the same with all the big food/retail corporations with headquarters here
Cub Foods would be the most logical one with existing sponsorship

Cub Foods would be the most logical one with existing sponsorship

Good luck with that. Cub Foods is now a wholly owned subsidiary of a company out in Providence, Rhode Island.

Good luck with that. Cub Foods is now a wholly owned subsidiary of a company out in Providence, Rhode Island.
But they already do commercial's for the football team? I don't see Lunds or Kowalski's doing it but that would be cool if they did

I think this is the way forward for corporate money. I don't care what the consumer product is, I'm going to consider choosing the Gopher branded product over others if given the choice.

My thought too. Think that a lot of people might balk at donating directly to something like Dinkytown Athletics.....but would probably be willing to buy a local product that kicks a small percentage of sales to the collective.

We also have Post Consumer Brands which many forget is HQ'd in Lakeville with their cereal and other food brands.

Top Bottom