All Things 2020-2021 College Football Coach Fire/Hire Thread

Yes, Boise is going to hire a guy who was fired from WKU :rolleyes:. Kellen Moore on the other hand....
I hope it is true. I want MS Jr to move on from program. MS Jr. and Bob Diaco who was let let go from Purdue are cut from same cloth. Just floundering from one job to the next due to persnal connections. Please take him from us.

Looks like Boise is hiring Andy Avalos, the former Bronco who was DC at Oregon State. Now lets see who he wants as OC.

Looks like Boise is hiring Andy Avalos, the former Bronco who was DC at Oregon State. Now lets see who he wants as OC.
Since Moore is out, I would have to think that he would want a P5 coordinator, who not only coaches QB's but played the position at Boise!

That's who I'd hire!

Bonus points if the person has already been an OC/QB coach in the Mountain West!

🤞

I’m not sure if this is a good fit.

The new HC at Boise hired the OC from UC-Davis (an FCS school).

I guess Sanford's acceptance letter must've got lost in the mail .....

I’m not sure if this is a good fit.

Comes with a high recommendation list, has a recruiting pitch, is connected and Saban wants him. The power of Alabama football ! How many schools can hire recent NFL head coaches as a coordinator. Plus, you work for Saban you get a power 5 job.

That is good news for colleges.
Maybe good for the teams that would've had to play against him.

But overall, it would be better for major CFB for another program or two (or five) to rise up and challenge the current oligopoly at the top.

Cha-chink! Maybe he insisted on a ton of guaranteed money up front. What a way to earn a living. Coaching a bunch of young millionaires might be slightly different from coaching college kids.

Maybe good for the teams that would've had to play against him.

But overall, it would be better for major CFB for another program or two (or five) to rise up and challenge the current oligopoly at the top.
No doubt about that. He would have had huge success at USC but they have a new administration that is emphasizing sports . Oh well, they have the song girls doing Tusk. Nothing better than that !

I saw that Limegrover landed at Arkansas State as Offensive Line coach. As a position coach at a G5 school he's probably back at his level of competence.

Texas lured away Alabama's special teams coach, Jeff Banks, for.......$1M a year. Special teams coach. Wow.

I saw that Limegrover landed at Arkansas State as Offensive Line coach. As a position coach at a G5 school he's probably back at his level of competence.
Much like with Jerry ... this seems kinda weird.

When I think of good OLs as far as QB protection goes, I don't think of Limegrover ... granted it is G5.

I mean maybe he did ok with what he had but ... man...

Assume the rumor mill will crank up and Fleck will be mentioned.
I hope Fleck is smart enough to realize that no matter what dollar figure Tennessee would throw, that the Knoxville job is the SEC version of the Lincoln job. Probably even worse.

I hope Fleck is smart enough to realize that no matter what dollar figure Tennessee would throw, that the Knoxville job is the SEC version of the Lincoln job. Probably even worse.
Definitely been a slow train wreck for quite some time down there. I don't think he would have any interest but his name will certainly come up.

I feel like Sark is gonna get Texas rolling again. He looked and sounded great when he was introduced in Austin last Tuesday (the day after the national title game). Old Sark would have been hungover as shit.

I feel like Sark is gonna get Texas rolling again. He looked and sounded great when he was introduced in Austin last Tuesday (the day after the national title game). Old Sark would have been hungover as shit.
He gave a great interview on the Dan Patrick Show last week too. Not a ton of energy or rah-rah guy, but he came across as the smart, well-traveled professional that he is. I don't know whether he'll succeed at Texas or not, but I'm glad he's getting another chance at the big time after putting his life back together.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Texas_Longhorns_football_seasons

Mack Brown had a very nice run of success in Austin over the 2001-2009 seasons. In those nine seasons, they finished top 6 in the AP six times, with three BCS bowl wins including one natty, and one runner-up in the BCS national champ bowl game. And that was with Mike Leach at Texas Tech, rival Texas A&M, and Nebraska still in the Big XII. Colorado was also good in the earlier part of that period.

Not sure what happened after that. I mean, they did finish #9 with a Sugar Bowl win in 2018. But otherwise, mostly meh results.

Texas lured away Alabama's special teams coach, Jeff Banks, for.......$1M a year. Special teams coach. Wow.
Coaching is coaching and some people just have it. I wouldn't bet against him. The NY Giants hired a ST teams coach, Joe Judge, who had never been an OC or DC and the Giants improvement from Week 1 to Week 17 was impressive, even without Saquon.

Talent is almost always going to rise to the top. Good for him, we'll see how it goes

Top Bottom