2024 Schedule Coming out Today at 3pm

The Friday night games definitely make sense for Fox as with so much game inventory those games will still have much better ratings than anything else Fox could put on the air on a Friday.
Especially if the Yankees and Red Sox keep missing the baseball Postseason.

I know you're speaking from your own personal viewpoint being involved in Prep football, but so many HS games in Minnesota are on non-Fridays now, I'm not sure it matters much.

Tonight is only the 4th Friday night game Northfield has played all year, so several weeks I would have been quite content to be at the Bank on a Friday evening.

I don't know if the Gophers will get special consideration if the Thursday night opener continues, but I expect them to play at least 1 Friday night game per year. Probably they will host more often than travel. Hopefully they can fall on MEA weekend.
Agree. It’s less of a concern than it used to be. But in years with only 4 conference home games if I lose 1 or 2 that devalues my season ticket quite a bit.

Gophers should offer to host a Friday night game every MEA Friday with the understanding they will never have a Friday home game on another day. Seems like it would be good for both parties

Now that I'm actually seeing a Gopher football schedule that includes some games against former PAC teams, I find myself thinking, "Are USC and UCLA really all that intimidating?"

Now that I'm actually seeing a Gopher football schedule that includes some games against former PAC teams, I find myself thinking, "Are USC and UCLA really all that intimidating?"
To reply to your question - yes they are. Hard to beat teams that out recruit the Gophers.

To reply to your question - yes they are. Hard to beat teams that out recruit the Gophers.

Okay, we have one person who finds the idea of having to play USC and UCLA intimidating.

I personally do not.

The reason: despite their star-studded rosters, USC is currently 7-2, including having lost by four TDs to #21 Notre Dame. #21, not #1 or #2.

UCLA is 6-2.

Both of them have compiled these records in a conference I consider inferior to the B1G.

They're decent teams, yes. No question.
They are not Ohio State / Michigan / Penn State level teams.

I ain't scared of 'em. I think the Gophers can compete with them.

There are no teams in the Mountain time zone so that is a bit disingenuous.
The central & eastern teams do not make consecutive trips to the west coast,
The pacific time teams do not make consecutive trips to the central or eastern time zones.

Is the 2024 schedule "SET" as far as Day of the Week?
North Carolina on Thursday, all others on Saturdays? Or can some games still get moved to a Thursday or Friday?

North Carolina on Thursday, all others on Saturdays? Or can some games still get moved to a Thursday or Friday?
I'm not aware of any flexing of days of the week. Should be set for dates.

https://gophersports.com/sports/football/schedule

There is the potential a game here or there could get moved. For example, last year the Penn St - Mich St game was not announced as being on the Friday after Thanksgiving until late May.

I don't think the Conference has announced which other game(s) will be played on that day this year.

All the late summer games are brutal for me - I try to pack all the summer I can even into September. I'm about 75% on renewing my season tickets and this is a huge factor for me. I really hope this isn't what we're gonna see from now on, because I really like the oct-nov games! Cold weather brings a diff vibe.

I'm not aware of any flexing of days of the week. Should be set for dates.

https://gophersports.com/sports/football/schedule
Apologies for an additional response. I also found this:

Selected Saturday games in the 2024 season may be adjusted to select Fridays and other special dates, including Labor Day Sunday and Black Friday. The 2025 football schedule will be announced in the future.

All the late summer games are brutal for me - I try to pack all the summer I can even into September. I'm about 75% on renewing my season tickets and this is a huge factor for me. I really hope this isn't what we're gonna see from now on, because I really like the oct-nov games! Cold weather brings a diff vibe.
The Big Ten is giving away money by not moving the start of the season into mid-August. It is an absolutely ridiculous dead- period on the sports calendar. As the NFL continues takes over more and more of the traditional college football time slots, more mid/late August college football in inevitable. It’s just going to take the right leadership to make it happen.

The Big Ten is giving away money by not moving the start of the season into mid-August. It is an absolutely ridiculous dead- period on the sports calendar. As the NFL continues takes over more and more of the traditional college football time slots, more mid/late August college football in inevitable. It’s just going to take the right leadership to make it happen.
TV ratings are in general lousy in August. TV-Streaming partners do not want to pony up for mid-August college football.

Apologies for an additional response. I also found this:

Selected Saturday games in the 2024 season may be adjusted to select Fridays and other special dates, including Labor Day Sunday and Black Friday. The 2025 football schedule will be announced in the future.
Thanks for the info!

Top Bottom