2024 Schedule Coming out Today at 3pm

My bet is USC is homecoming.

They could have an early homecoming and make it Iowa, or a late one and make it Maryland, but I don't think that happens.

They could have an early homecoming and make it Iowa, or a late one and make it Maryland, but I don't think that happens.
A stripe-out for the USC game would be smart, given that our colors are similar.

My bet is Homecoming will be Sept 14 vs Nevada.

November Conference games
All have 2 home and 2 away except.

MSU 3 Home and 1 Away
tOSU 3 Home and 2 Away
PSU 3 Home and 2 Away
USC 1 home and 2 Away (Notre Dame also)
Purdue 2 Home and 3 Away
MN 1 home and 3 Away

Could be right, that seems to be the best date. But if they are trying to use it as a way to sell tickets to a game where they might need some help, it will be Maryland.

October 33rd. What a joke, schedulemakers. 60 and sunny today in Lincoln.
In the years that USC hosts ND on the last week of season (Saturday after Thanksgiving) there just are not many opportunities to send either USC or UCLA out to the midwest or east. They also play each other, so that's 2 of the 4 Saturdays that are out of scope.

With at least another home game apiece, odds are unlikely they have more than one game in cold weather.

I think it's much ado about nothing anyway.

No guarantee Maryland will still be good next year with this I think being Taulia's last year. Who knows with Rutgers, I haven't watched enough of them this year to know what's driving their success.
Correct on those two but they certainly look better than I’ll project Michigan state and Indiana to be

Last edited:

Boy those USC and UCLA road games in the north in November are rough. Wait a minute....

Also, both get byes November 30 to complete the "fix".
Don't forget Oregon & Wash, as they made sure to do them a favor as well. They both get a bye on 11/23 and then get to stay on the West coast on 11/30 to play each other.

Yeah exactly. Outside of Oregon @ Wisconsin on Nov 16th, none of the west coast teams will play a game in the Midwest in November.
It's expected with many rivalry games later in the season, both USC and UCLA having their November 30th games already scheduled as non-conference, and 15 of 18 teams having a November bye week.

2025 USC and UCLA have all non-conference games played by Mid-October. 2025 should also have 2 bye weeks.

Man… I look forward to another trip to So Cal to play USC at some point, but next year I wouldn’t bet that we get to .500. I knew it was coming, but boy does it feel daunting.

Don't forget Oregon & Wash, as they made sure to do them a favor as well. They both get a bye on 11/23 and then get to stay on the West coast on 11/30 to play each other.
No team has consecutive games where they have to travel over 2 or more time zones. The B1G’s COO explained that on the Schedule Show.

Man… I look forward to another trip to So Cal to play USC at some point, but next year I wouldn’t bet that we get to .500. I knew it was coming, but boy does it feel daunting.
Hard to say as there is so much off-season movement with coaches and players these days. We will have a lot of talent back and let's see where we finish off this season. We might feel better about this team come December.

You are
In the years that USC hosts ND on the last week of season (Saturday after Thanksgiving) there just are not many opportunities to send either USC or UCLA out to the midwest or east. They also play each other, so that's 2 of the 4 Saturdays that are out of scope.

With at least another home game apiece, odds are unlikely they have more than one game in cold weather.

I think it's much ado about nothing anyway.
you are mistaken my friend. The B1G had to bend over backwards to get these west coast teams. Just part of the negations. Sad.

Yikes, that is an absolutely brutal schedule. Bowl eligibility might be on the line next year depending on how many players are back, etc.

You are

you are mistaken my friend. The B1G had to bend over backwards to get these west coast teams. Just part of the negations. Sad.
Let's see how it plays out over the 5 years of games.

Not sure how many wins we can get next year, but what an amazing schedule. If we do OK, it will be a big shot in the arm for the Gophers.

You are

I disagree. I think it was more the West Coast teams that had to bend over backwards to get into the Big 10. Washington and Oregon are taking significant cuts in revenue.

The calendar is what it is in terms of math. Most years there are only 4 Saturdays. With rivalries built in on the Season finale, as well as their own home dates it's just a fact there won't be many times they have to face cold weather in November to the point it's a game changer.

This year there were 5 Saturdays but more chances for a bye.

The weather can certainly be crappy, wet, snowy, chilly at Eugene or Seattle in November as well.

Last edited:

Many teams have some tough stretches

Nebraska's final 5 games. Ohio State, UCLA, USC, WI, IA

Wisconsin's final 5 games. PSU, IA, OR, NE, MN

Rutgers first 6 games, WA, NE, WI, UCLA, USC, MN

PSU 5 game stretch. UCLA, USC, WI, tOSU, Wash

Yeah exactly. Outside of Oregon @ Wisconsin on Nov 16th, none of the west coast teams will play a game in the Midwest in November.

UCLA @ Nebraska Nov 2
Oregon @ Michigan Nov 2
Washington @ Penn state Nov 9
Oregon @ Wisconsin Nov 16

I guess maybe penn state isn’t Midwest

Many teams have some tough stretches

Nebraska's final 5 games. Ohio State, UCLA, USC, WI, IA

Wisconsin's final 5 games. PSU, IA, OR, NE, MN

Rutgers first 6 games, WA, NE, WI, UCLA, USC, MN

PSU 5 game stretch. UCLA, USC, WI, tOSU, Wash
Every team is going to play every other team at least twice in 5 years

The only way you have a more favorable schedule over a 5 year stretch is if you have locked rivalry with someone terrible

I almost would prefer to have a very difficult schedule one year because it means it is lighter the other 4

This year between now and Nov 23 there is only 1 day in which the long term forecast has temps not getting to the 40s in Mpls with only a couple of days of significant precipitation.

The PAC4 moving to the Big 10 really would have been most likely not hindered by weather if they had to play at the Bank.

UCLA @ Nebraska Nov 2
Oregon @ Michigan Nov 2
Washington @ Penn state Nov 9
Oregon @ Wisconsin Nov 16

I guess maybe penn state isn’t Midwest
Reverse it and Iowa, Nebraska and Maryland are the only teams going out west in November.

4 games against real conference opponents. 5 games against "mover-inners". Boo.

4 games against real conference opponents. 5 games against "mover-inners". Boo.
I see only 3. Penn St is still a newbie to me. Weren't in the conference when I had student tix from 1986-90.

That's where I draw the line.

Last edited:

I see only 3. Penn St is still a newbie to me. Weren't in the conference when I had student tix from 1986-90. That's where I draw the line.
No, I have PSU as an interloper.

Wiscy, Iowa, Michigan, Illinois

Top Bottom