2024 MN High School Basketball State Tournaments

Where can one find the scores from today's early games?

Quarterfinals schedule

CLASS 4A
Wednesday at Target Center

[1] Wayzata (27-1) vs. Rogers (21-8), 10 a.m.
[5] Cretin-Derham Hall (24-4) vs. [4] Farmington (23-6), noon
Eagan (17-12) vs. [2] Park Center (25-3), 2 p.m.
[3] Minnetonka (22-6) vs. Coon Rapids (16-13), 4 p.m.

CLASS 3A
Wednesday at Williams Arena

Stewartville (26-3) vs. [1] Totino-Grace (24-5), 10 a.m.
[5] DeLaSalle (20-9) vs. [4] Orono (19-10), noon
Chisago Lakes (22-7) vs. [2] Mankato East (26-2), 2 p.m.
Minneapolis South (21-5) vs. [3] Alexandria (24-5), 4 p.m.

CLASS 2A
Wednesday at Williams Arena

Waseca (20-10) vs. [1] Breck (28-1), 6 p.m.
[5] Minnehaha Academy (14-14) vs. [4] Pequot Lakes (26-4), 8 p.m.
Wednesday at Target Center
Jackson County Central (21-7) vs. [2] Albany (28-2), 6 p.m.
[3] Lake City (24-5) vs. Pelican Rapids (24-5), 8 p.m.

Reactions: Rex

on scores - I use the MN ScoreFeed app. great place to get scores for HS football and basketball. for the state tournament, they have brackets, etc. for tournaments they also provide links to any video or radio coverage of games.

it's crowd-sourced, so you can be watching a game and post score updates in real time.

(disclaimer - I have no financial association with this app in any way - but I know one of the guys who helps run it in MN.)

Reactions: Rex

Wayzata (over Rogers) and CretinDH (over Farmington) advance to play each other tomorrow in a 1 vs 5 match up.

Totino Grace struggled against Stewartville but advanced and will play DeLaSalle (Over Orono) in a 1v5 match tomorrow.

It feels like more 5 seeds advance than 4 seeds in these tournaments. Wonder the Psychology behind hoping to be seeded 5 instead of 4.

Just realized all the semi-finals and championships are at Williams Arena this year. That's cool. Probably too much to ask Timberwolves/NBA to be away for 3 straight weekends.
Even after the renovation, the Target Center remains an affront to basketball in this state.

Did BSM think the game was over after the first buzzer-beater? The refs sure could have issued a T for the players and the BSM crowd storming the court. Shaking my head at the BSM kid waving Bye-Bye to the opposing fans. Bad karma. :eek::eek::eek:
You don’t throw a tech in a situation like that - ..they’re kids for Pet’s Sake,

Casmir Chavis has legit been the only player that has touched the ball on the offensive end of the court for Park Center the last 6 minutes of this game

Mankato East the #2 seed in AAA wins with running time by 39 over Chisago.

Eagan upsets #2 seed Park Center to move on in AAAA. (73-70)

Grove with 7 of the 14 Alex points so far. Minneapolis South keeping pace so far with some crazy tough shots they are making

Even after the renovation, the Target Center remains an affront to basketball in this state.
It's absolutely disgusting how they set up the seating. They make the students sit 200 feet from the court in the corner so they can have a media section that's mostly empty close to the court.

You don’t throw a tech in a situation like that - ..they’re kids for Pet’s Sake,
I agree with you, but there were fans on the court, players from the bench on the court (a full court away)......it would have been a shame, but a ref could've done it. Did you see the playoff game (I want to say maybe in Maryland) where the refs called a tech on the team after they had just won in the last second and one of the players went and grabbed the rim in celebration. Game was over. Nope. Tech called. Team ends up losing.

I agree with you, but there were fans on the court, players from the bench on the court (a full court away)......it would have been a shame, but a ref could've done it. Did you see the playoff game (I want to say maybe in Maryland) where the refs called a tech on the team after they had just won in the last second and one of the players went and grabbed the rim in celebration. Game was over. Nope. Tech called. Team ends up losing.

Good points and the ref in MD👎

State Tourney Update

Class 4A Quarters
Wayzata 77, Rogers 64
Cretin-Derham Hall 57, Farmington 56
Eagan 73, Park Center 70
Minnetonka 83, Coon Rapids 36

Class 3A Quarters
Totino-Grace 57, Stewartville 48
DeLaSalle 70, Orono 64
Mankato East 80, Chisago Lakes 41
Alexandria 72, Mpls South 70

Class 2A Quarters
Breck 76, Waseca 42
Albany 87, Jackson County Central 66
Minnehaha Academy 63, Pequot Lakes 47
Lake City 72, Pelican Rapids 61 (ot)

-------
on Thursday:

Class A Quarter-Finals (at Target Center)
Cherry vs Russell-Tyler Ruthton 11am
Mt Lake Area-Comfrey vs Nevis 1pm
West Central Area vs Heritage Christian 3pm
Fertile-Beltrami vs Goodhue 5pm

Class 3A Semi-Finals at Williams Arena
Totino-Grace vs DeLaSalle Noon
Mankato East vs Alexandria 2pm

Class 4A Semi-Finals at Williams Arena
Wayzata vs Cretin-Derham Hall 6pm
Eagan vs Minnetonka 8pm

Hmm looking like a Wayzata vs Tonka matchup again.

East keeps reloading down in Mankato, Breck will be a tough out but they haven't been together long compared to some of these schools like Lake City or Albany.

I know it happens every year, but always surprised when these teams get blown out at state

That ref should never call a big game again in Maryland.

As for MN in this situation, since the game was tied, it would continue to overtime starting with technical shots and the game continuing.

JCC was up at half and up by 15 in the first half. They were dominated in the second half and lost to Albany by 20. JCC had a kid ROWE go off in first half looking like Jokic with footwork and shooting, but he ran out of gas once JCC started to double team.

Northwest Suburban took it on the chin yesterday with Park Center and Coon Rapids losing and TG struggling. TG gets the benefit of being AAA.

Alexandria and Mankato East is the must see game today IMO.

I hope my guys from CR let all the air out of the tires of every Mercedes, Land Rover and BMW they encountered on the way to the team bus.

not for Quarter-finals. The Semi-Finals and Finals are streamed on the Channel 45 website.
To watch the NIT, NCAA, Goghers wine, and men, and the high school tourney I now need BTN, 5 different ESPN channels, NSPN, Peacock, and bIG+. This doesn’t allow for the fact that I think I need Hulu or something that stream ESPNU. It’s simply insane! I am not even counting CBS, Ch45, and Truetv.

I hope my guys from CR let all the air out of the tires of every Mercedes, Land Rover and BMW they encountered on the way to the team bus.
83-36? Yikes. That's ugly.

Coon Rapids isn't a top 30 team in 4A and they got one of the 8 state tournament spots. The MSHSL runs all the basketball the same way and I agree that the sections are good for 3A to 1A, but in 4A, which is predominately metro, they could go to system that allows for the 8 best teams at state.

Seed all 64
Seed two 32 North/South or East/West
Seed 4, 16 team sections and have the top two get reseeded at state.

They changed the system for 6A football and could do it for 4A basketball.

Top Bottom