2023-24 Gopher Hockey Season

Makes sense. I applied to be on GPL and never got an email back. So this message board will do. Bonin knows a lot about hockey but uses all of it to be negative... can't imagine watching any sport with him
Let me ask a dumb question. What is "GPL?"

Let me ask a dumb question. What is "GPL?"
GPL is Gopher Puck Live. It is a website dedicated to mostly Gopher Hockey. Bonin21 was banned from there about a year ago for various reasons. He somehow changed his name and is back on the site giving his normal negative spin on the team when things don't go well.

I would actually flip Huglen and Lamb. I think Huglen's puck possession and playmaking could really benefit Snuggy, he needs to play with someone like that.
I think that is a good idea. I'd argue that, with that change, the Pitlick/Lamb/Kurth line is your #2. But I guess it would be pretty close. Have we written off Pinoniemi?

GPL is Gopher Puck Live. It is a website dedicated to mostly Gopher Hockey. Bonin21 was banned from there about a year ago for various reasons. He somehow changed his name and is back on the site giving his normal negative spin on the team when things don't go well.
Ah ok, thanks Vanek. Bonin is a genius, just ask him. I hate to see that moniker hijacked because I was always a huge fan of the real Bonin. One of my favorite gopher players of all time.

I think that is a good idea. I'd argue that, with that change, the Pitlick/Lamb/Kurth line is your #2. But I guess it would be pretty close. Have we written off Pinoniemi?
Yes, there are some good options. I also like Clark playing in the top nine, I think he has earned it. And yes, unfortunately when everyone is healthy I think Pino is the odd man out.

Unfortunately we may not have to speculate as it sounds like Huglen will be out a little longer.

Expecting some pretty boring games this weekend

13 forwards is a strong indication one forward might not be 100%.

90 seconds of 5 on 3 to start the game and they get 1 quality shot. The PP is just abysmal right now. Way too many guys just trading places and when they get the crease pass through it is on the guys back hand so they can’t one time it.

Nothing like paying $9.99 a month for BIG+ and then having technical difficulties during the third period of a game only available on BIG+ for those outside of Minnesota.

Bob blew it with the best roster he'll ever have.

Tonight is as close to a must win in November as you can have for the gophers. They need a regulation win too.

Gophers men's hockey scores three in a row to beat Notre Dame 4-1​

Rhett Pitlick got the first and last goals against the Irish, and Ryan Chesley scored the game-winner at 8 minutes, 27 seconds of the second period. .

Boys looked better last night, but still having stretches of unispired and lazy play. For a line that Bob puts all his trust in, seems to me like 18-24-22 sure get hemmed in their zone more than they should, led to a bad goal last night. Bob is still trying to figure out the lines, but I like 11 and 77 together, I hope they get a chance to develop some chemistry, their speed together will create a lot of chances. Strobel should be playing every game, no reason to leave his effort in the stands. I think the team is going to need the first half of the season to figure a lot of things out, hoping they can go on a run in the second half.

This team is annoying.

Tie at home that should have been a win if they'd play 60.

This team play on the half wall to either keep the puck in the o-zone or get out of the d-zone is bad. Just lose way too many board battles.

Five min major penalty power play with a little over 9 minutes to play and you only get one goal with 27 seconds left on the PP. It just seems like if and when they do shoot the puck, like every other shot is getting blocked.

A joke of an icing call against Minnesota forces them to call a timeout and face off in their D zone.

Top Bottom