2022 NCAA Tournament Thread

They've been doing this since Gene Keady. In 88, had the #1 seed, lost to Kansas State who they beat by 25 earlier that season.
Also a #1 with Glen Robinson in 94 or 95 and lost to Tubby and Georgia in the 2nd round IIRC.

Also a #1 with Glen Robinson in 94 or 95 and lost to Tubby and Georgia in the 2nd round IIRC.
Grew up in Indiana, seen and heard about all the Boilermaker meltdowns. No 2 seed in 1990, did a Wisconsin and lost in Indianapolis in the second round.

Looked like the Big Ten was the real deal for a while but this tournament shows we are still the little brother of conferences. We are good but not elite overall.
I don’t think anyone was that good overall. I had Purdue in my final 4 of my bracket because I kind of liked their matchups and thought the whole top half Of that region was not that great (which turned out to be true I just picked the wrong mediocre team to come out of it…should’ve had UNC) but other than that, I didn’t have a big ten team in my 8 and only had Purdue and wisconsin in my 16,

The big ten is what it is this year. A really deep conference with maybe 12 teams in the top 100. Maybe 10 teams in the top 40….probably zero teams in the top 10. And the tourney showed it.

That doesn’t make them little brother. Deep with good teams but not deep with great teams. It is what it is. Probably the top league in the land if you’re talking about threats to make the second round. Probably not even in the conversation this year if you’re talking about national title contender conferences.

In "94, they lost to Duke. In the Regional Final I believe.

A year or two later they were a #1 again and won over the 16 (Western Carolina?) in OT, then lost to Georgia in the second round. That was an all-time bad year for the Big Ten in the tournament.

Certainly wasn't expecting Villanova to come out and look like this. Admittently Kansas will have to cool off from 3 at some point but right now they're just doing everything better than Nova

That's a couple times the refs have called fouls on the flopping of kansas. Love it. Stop playing the victim to gain an advantage.

Referee making just enough calls in Novas favor to keep them in it.
They will continue to do so until nova gets even, then they will call it fairly.

They will continue to do so until nova gets even, then they will call it fairly.
I don’t have a dog in the fight so i really don’t have a foul bias like you do when you have a rooting interest. I hope the game is tight in the end.

Also known as duke and wisconsin. Earning the win is not important, refs creating the win is what's important.

Where are they playing that the bench is below the floor? I thought the Gophs had the only one.

Where are they playing that the bench is below the floor? I thought the Gophs had the only one.
Isn't that the norm for the Final 4? Or maybe not the norm but occurs somewhat regularly.

Isn't that the norm for the Final 4? Or maybe not the norm but occurs somewhat regularly.
Shit. You're asking me? I am one of the least knowledgeable people on the planet. But honestly, I thought the U had the only court like that.

Last edited:

Shit. You're asking me? I am one the lease knowledgeable people on the planet. But honestly, I thought the U had the only court like that.

Quick search, looks that way since 2012. Maybe 2010 and 2011, can't tell from the image.

Edit: maybe not some of the more recent years. Maybe depends on the sight lines in the venues?

Isn’t Vanderbilt’s floor raised too? Or has that changed in the past couple of years?

Top Bottom