2022 NCAA Tournament Thread

Most of the college classes are fake now. Unless you’re in STEM.
if you think college is fake you know there are pro sports that are higher quality sport without the fake classes right?

Nope....it didn't. About 5 of the Duke regulars went right for the locker room (Banchero, Williams, Roach, Griffin) never waited around. I did see K and some guys wait around (Keels). Listen...I don't even think it's a big deal, but when I have to listen to guys like Gottlieb basically get on his knees talking about Coach K and how his players always play with class and dignity (Laettner LOL).....I just found it interesting.
Will take your word for it. Definitely saw players from both teams shaking hands but didn't pay any attention as to who it was. And yeah, the tongue bath that Duke gets is tiresome. Love him or hate him though, Coach K is a college basketball legend so some of the fawning in his farewell season makes sense as it is a big story.

On the handshake thing. I really hope we hit a point soon where they just do away with that in college basketball. Do it like football, head coaches shake hands and any players that want to meet on the field/court.

BTW, UNC starters played 40, 40, 38, 36 and 33 minutes.

Bench contributed 9, 3, and 1 minute. 2 points on FT, 3 rebounds and 1 steal.

Interesting hypothesis.

I would like to know why business courses were real in the 90's but are fake now.
They started sucking in the 90’s and kept getting worse. I guess you haven’t been paying attention to how poorly companies are being run now. Run the company into the ground get a golden parachute anyway.

They started sucking in the 90’s and kept getting worse. I guess you haven’t been paying attention to how poorly companies are being run now. Run the company into the ground get a golden parachute anyway.
True. There would never be major financial scandals in the 70s, 80s, 90s

Here is a reason to hate coach K. If you walk into his office, it's a shrine to himself.

All his titles, all his accomplishments, all of what he did.

Not a damn thing about anything else.

He's so full of himself I could cry, but he, like many coaches, put on a great act in front of the cameras.
Recruits are pretty impressed and seem to want to sign up to be a part of it.

Spoiler alert…if you are envious of his office you might die on a tour of his house on the lake.

I probably will.

For starters he quit on his team when he knew they would be really bad. Then went out of his way to make sure the record while he was away didn’t count against his record even though it was a shitty team that would have been shitty no matter who was coaching.

How about when he lied about what he said to the Oregon player a few years back?

Or when they played an ineligible player (Maggette) in a championship game, yet didn’t get penalized at all?

Or nothing happening at all for Chris Duhon’s mom getting a job with a large Duke booster even though there wasn’t a job opening, she wasn’t qualified at all and then was vastly overpaid compared to others?

People portray him like he’s some kind of saint that does it the right way but most people see through that and realize he’s just as sleazy as any of them.
Sorry didn't see this til I posted......you said it way better than I did.....spot on. Now two of the biggest cheaters in the finals.....kansas may be the worst. Won't waste my time watching tonight!

As with the games on Saturday could really give a crap who wins but hoping for a competitive game at least.

In spite of the high profile teams and Coach K being done this has been one of the dullest final 4s I can remember in a while.

This space reserved for Obiwan’s ‘I had the winner tonight and cleared 6 digits.’

4 point favorites seems like a lot. Good matchups all around. UNC's lack of bench might catch up to them. I'll take UNC to cover

Bacot maybe hobbling but he's so strong that right now it doesn't matter. Nice job by him adjusting his game to slow down and make moves that don't require him to out leap anybody

Bacot maybe hobbling but he's so strong that right now it doesn't matter. Nice job by him adjusting his game to slow down and make moves that don't require him to out leap anybody
Yeah, he is not moving well but there was probably nothing that could have been said that would have kept him from playing in this one. Impressive start by North Carolina.

Charles Barkley looks like PJ Fleck ...
🤣🤣🤣🤣

They gave him a advill

Rugby is less dangerous
Refs call nothing on KS
Gotta tighten up score

North Carolina guards decided they were going to get theirs in the first 8 minutes of the second half. May just cost them the Natty!

it Is like the teams switched jerseys at halftime. UNC looks lost

Top Bottom