2022 NCAA Tournament Thread

So root for Kansas. Still never heard a reason to hate coach K. Compliments other teams won gold medals.
Here is a reason to hate coach K. If you walk into his office, it's a shrine to himself.

All his titles, all his accomplishments, all of what he did.

Not a damn thing about anything else.

He's so full of himself I could cry, but he, like many coaches, put on a great act in front of the cameras.

Here is a reason to hate coach K. If you walk into his office, it's a shrine to himself.

All his titles, all his accomplishments, all of what he did.

Not a damn thing about anything else.

He's so full of himself I could cry, but he, like many coaches, put on a great act in front of the cameras.
So swears like sailor. Roy crybaby Williams is the definition of a cryer and I don’t hate him so to root for a school who has fake classes for regular students I will never understand. Imagine thinking coach K is only good for the cameras.

So root for Kansas. Still never heard a reason to hate coach K. Compliments other teams won gold medals.
I probably will.

For starters he quit on his team when he knew they would be really bad. Then went out of his way to make sure the record while he was away didn’t count against his record even though it was a shitty team that would have been shitty no matter who was coaching.

How about when he lied about what he said to the Oregon player a few years back?

Or when they played an ineligible player (Maggette) in a championship game, yet didn’t get penalized at all?

Or nothing happening at all for Chris Duhon’s mom getting a job with a large Duke booster even though there wasn’t a job opening, she wasn’t qualified at all and then was vastly overpaid compared to others?

People portray him like he’s some kind of saint that does it the right way but most people see through that and realize he’s just as sleazy as any of them.

I wonder what the media coverage would be if another team walked away without shaking hands after a game like that.....but since it's Duke, all we see is Coach K shaking hands and walking down the hall hand-in-hand with his wife.

Carolina had fake classes for regular students and thumbed their noses at NCAA and you support that?
You must not know Minnesota's history all that well. You do realize our only final four appearance has been vacated along with 5 other season for academic fraud right? How much time needs to elapse before a program is no longer consider a cheater? As many others have concluded, this is more about Coach K being sent off into retirement than UNC winning. We no longer have to see him throwing tantrums and/or berating officials when the game is not going his way. Good riddance.

Remember the Dillon Brooks incident where he lied about what he said to him following Oregon beating Duke in the 2017 NCAA tournament.

You should look into Corey Maggette, Lance Thomas and the ongoing Zion Williamson investigation if you think Coach K runs some ultra compliant program. Plenty of things to dislike about a number of programs.

You must not know Minnesota's history all that well. You do realize our only final four appearance has been vacated along with 5 other season for academic fraud right? How much time needs to elapse before a program is no longer consider a cheater? As many others have concluded, this is more about Coach K being sent off into retirement than UNC winning. We no longer have to see him throwing tantrums and/or berating officials when the game is not going his way. Good riddance.

Remember the Dillon Brooks incident where he lied about what he said to him following Oregon beating Duke in the 2017 NCAA tournament.

You should look into Corey Maggette, Lance Thomas and the ongoing Zion Williamson investigation if you think Coach K runs some ultra compliant program. Plenty of things to dislike about a number of programs.
But yet 3 things on Duke over a 40 year career. If this was against Texas Tech I would understand but any of you cheering for North Carolina are frauds. Boehiem had a pedo on his staff and is still coaching.

Yes Minnesota was the cleanest program in 97 final four. If Harris was healthy would have won a title.

Referee making just enough calls in Novas favor to keep them in it.
They will continue to do so until nova gets even, then they will call it fairly.
Sorry to see you lost your 15 large on Duke winning it all.

I hate Kansas and Bill Self. As much as I can't stand UNC, this team is actually fun to watch, and now that Hubert Davis is the coach instead of Ol' Roy, I guess I'll root for them. When presented with these options, there is no good choice. At least Duke is out.

But yet 3 things on Duke over a 40 year career. If this was against Texas Tech I would understand but any of you cheering for North Carolina are frauds. Boehiem had a pedo on his staff and is still coaching.

Yes Minnesota was the cleanest program in 97 final four. If Harris was healthy would have won a title.

Kentucky was missing Derek Anderson and we cheated. Would have, could have, if simply means we did not win it. Still have hope that we will.

Would Joel Maturi have ever gone to the Men's Final Four while the Women's Final Four was in Minneapolis? I can't imagine...
And (of course) the U is the official NCAA "host" for the Women's FF. So certainly someone from the U had to be there. You'd think the Athletic Director would ...

I probably will.

For starters he quit on his team when he knew they would be really bad. Then went out of his way to make sure the record while he was away didn’t count against his record even though it was a shitty team that would have been shitty no matter who was coaching.

How about when he lied about what he said to the Oregon player a few years back?

Or when they played an ineligible player (Maggette) in a championship game, yet didn’t get penalized at all?

Or nothing happening at all for Chris Duhon’s mom getting a job with a large Duke booster even though there wasn’t a job opening, she wasn’t qualified at all and then was vastly overpaid compared to others?

People portray him like he’s some kind of saint that does it the right way but most people see through that and realize he’s just as sleazy as any of them.
Strong ass examples

How much did Zion and his family get paid? Coach K cheats just as much as any of the other cheaters that have been mentioned......good riddance! I'll never forget that coach k decided to get his back operated on the year he had his worst team ever and made sure none of those loses were counted against his record....what a piece of..........he is! Must be the stench of coach knight on him. I have been watching the final four since there were only 16, maybe 12 teams invited. I didn't watch one second of yesterdays games for the first time ever. Some of the biggest cheaters in college basketball....unc, duke and kansas.....the ncaa is a joke! Go St. Peters of the b-ball world.

Kentucky was missing Derek Anderson and we cheated. Would have, could have, if simply means we did not win it. Still have hope that we will.
The Pitino press was legendary at the time, so therefore, when they would ride our players out of bounds, we committed a charge. The only cheating in that game was the reffing. It was the talk on all radio shows after the game, how Minnesota got boned. Every flipping time they stepped in front of us, it was a charge. Someone look it up, I bet we had minimum of 10 charging calls against us.

I'm not even counting when the Gophers were taking over the game, and Courtney James dunked on some guys head. Oh wait, some clown for Kentucky, who was standing directly under the basket, gets a charge called on Courtney. I just laugh thinking about it. Clem is so pissed he throws off his sports jacket, oh a technical on Clem Haskins. Instead of going up 7, take two off the board, Kentucky shoots 2 free throws, they get the ball and Padgett hits a 3. Instead of up 7, we were tied in a 10 second span of time.

I've never seen a team in Minnesota sports history get boned like the gophers did that day.

I wonder what the media coverage would be if another team walked away without shaking hands after a game like that.....but since it's Duke, all we see is Coach K shaking hands and walking down the hall hand-in-hand with his wife.
Totally get the Duke hate. But the handshake line happened. it didn’t happen right away because the Carolina players were celebrating but I absolutely saw players shaking hands a little bit later.

Totally get the Duke hate. But the handshake line happened. it didn’t happen right away because the Carolina players were celebrating but I absolutely saw players shaking hands a little bit later.
Nope....it didn't. About 5 of the Duke regulars went right for the locker room (Banchero, Williams, Roach, Griffin) never waited around. I did see K and some guys wait around (Keels). Listen...I don't even think it's a big deal, but when I have to listen to guys like Gottlieb basically get on his knees talking about Coach K and how his players always play with class and dignity (Laettner LOL).....I just found it interesting.

Top Bottom