2022 NCAA Tournament Thread

I'm excited to hear him on a podcast in 6 months talk about how much he wanted to play for the Gophers but we just didn't make him feel special.
Or how if Little Ricky would have attended one of his games that it would have changed his mind.

I'm going to complain about the non-stop reviews again. Believe it or not, I've probably stopped myself from complaining about them a dozen times since my last post about them.
It's ridiculous......almost every play now in the last 2 minutes....make a call and stick with it. It's making games unwatchable.....

After tonight I am guessing I could give you a run for your money. UCLA is my only FF team left.
I might have the worst bracket ever.
You haven't seen mine - all 4 of my final four teams did not even make the elite 8 - (Zags, AZ, KY, Aub). At most I will have 3 correct after today (Vill, KS, Purdue)

It's ridiculous......almost every play now in the last 2 minutes....make a call and stick with it. It's making games unwatchable.....
I have a serious question. Is there anyone on GH who thinks the end of these games is not adversely affected (for the viewer) by the constant reviews? I'm curious if the angst is as widespread as it seems. I hate it and it seems that is a pretty common feeling. If it is really that big of a problem, do you think they'll fix it? I think they have to do something. Unwatchable is the best description.

I have a serious question. Is there anyone on GH who thinks the end of these games is not adversely affected (for the viewer) by the constant reviews? I'm curious if the angst is as widespread as it seems. I hate it and it seems that is a pretty common feeling. If it is really that big of a problem, do you think they'll fix it? I think they have to do something. Unwatchable is the best description.
In the short term, I don't think it is. It's a good problem because we are all complaining because we want their product (college basketball) faster. So it's sort of like the Yogi Berra quote "nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded."

However, I do think in the long term this stuff does make an impact. I don't think you're going to shut off a game you're watching because of replays. But if you sit through it 30 times, you might be a little less pumped up about college basketball and might be less likely to flip on random games. It could have a subconscious impact on the sports popularity and 5 years from now you could be thinking "I don't know why, I'm just not as into college basketball" and one of those reasons could be the constant replays.

I think a similar thing happened to baseball for a lot of people.

It must be having an impact. In some ways it is kind of a joke - evidently only the last two minutes are important so we allow certain video reviews for that time period only. (And the basketball stuff pales in comparison to the recent NCAA hockey delays.)

Actually to me, the most nauseating part about the Duke - TT ending last night was that the constant interruptions only gave Nance and Co. more opportunities to drool all over the Coach K crap.

In the short term, I don't think it is. It's a good problem because we are all complaining because we want their product (college basketball) faster. So it's sort of like the Yogi Berra quote "nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded."

However, I do think in the long term this stuff does make an impact. I don't think you're going to shut off a game you're watching because of replays. But if you sit through it 30 times, you might be a little less pumped up about college basketball and might be less likely to flip on random games. It could have a subconscious impact on the sports popularity and 5 years from now you could be thinking "I don't know why, I'm just not as into college basketball" and one of those reasons could be the constant replays.

I think a similar thing happened to baseball for a lot of people.
Probably true, but I do know that I love watching baseball. It's slow, I know that going in and know that not a whole lot is going to change with any real results. I just get so irritated with constant bball reviews for .3 second clock changes and seemingly obvious last touches. Good post, though. Thanks.

I have (potentially) 2 elite eight teams left in it and one final four team left. I could see UCLA and Purdue losing though.

I have (potentially) 2 elite eight teams left in it and one final four team left. I could see UCLA and Purdue losing though.
Painter has had 5 days to convince his guys that they better not overlook St Peter's - if Purdue still loses, I give up ever trying to predict any NCAA basketball game again. (No more brackets for you!)

It must be having an impact. In some ways it is kind of a joke - evidently only the last two minutes are important so we allow certain video reviews for that time period only. (And the basketball stuff pales in comparison to the recent NCAA hockey delays.)

Actually to me, the most nauseating part about the Duke - TT ending last night was that the constant interruptions only gave Nance and Co. more opportunities to drool all over the Coach K crap.
Yep, I'd rather watch a marathon of reply timeouts than Coach K and his wife holding hands again.

We get it.

So it would appear that those of us posting about our brackets (myself included) did not have nearly enough faith in Duke and Nova. I know Coach K is hated by a lot of people but at this point it would be kind of cool to see him win it all one last time in his final season. That said, I am all in on St. Peter's baby!

As for the reviews, the problem they have is if they don't do them you have the opposite issue of people complaining about them getting the call wrong. It would be interesting to know how often the call on the court is changed due to the review.

Hopefully it is something that the competition committee or whoever for college basketball takes a hard look at after the season. The end of basketball games have always been long with timeouts and fouls, but the constant reviews have made the last 2 minutes of a game a slog to get through a lot of times.

Painter has had 5 days to convince his guys that they better not overlook St Peter's - if Purdue still loses, I give up ever trying to predict any NCAA basketball game again. (No more brackets for you!)
I'll be shocked if Purdue wins by less than 10.

I felt bad for Chet and those calls against him. He handled them really well.

I might have the worst bracket ever.
For anyone wondering, I'm in a pool with 61 brackets. Before last night I was in 55th place. I had Texas Tech going to the F4 and Arizona winning it all. I already lost Kentucky and Auburn from the F4 so now I'm down to none left.

I don't know what it is but I'm terrible every year. But if you look at my brackets, they are never crazy unrealistic or anything.

1648239425834.png

For anyone wondering, I'm in a pool with 61 brackets. Before last night I was in 55th place. I had Texas Tech going to the F4 and Arizona winning it all. I already lost Kentucky and Auburn from the F4 so now I'm down to none left.

I don't know what it is but I'm terrible every year. But if you look at my brackets, they are never crazy unrealistic or anything.

View attachment 17696
I had TT in the 4 and Arizona winning it all as well.

Ugh.

View attachment 17696
Whatever last place is, I'm one worse. If my bracket was a BIG basketball team, the Gophs would not be in last place. Mine sounds very similar to yours. I had Az beating Ark along with Kentucky and Kansas in the FF. Still maybe 2 final 4 teams, but cannot win now.

Saint Pete looking good early. Purdue looks a little rattled. Not a lot, just a little.

Gillis may may not have been fouled. Ref stands unobstructed. Doesn’t blow his whistle until St. Peter’s clearly had the rebound.

He should be fired immediately.

Horrible flop attempt. That needs to get called out more often.

Female tournament continues tomorrow

They keep telling us,but I DON'T CARE !
NOT GONNA WATCH

Top Bottom