***OFFICIAL NORTH DAKOTA (FORMERLY SIOUX) AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD***

Gabe scored 18 in last years game. Hope he can follow that up.

That would be nice, especially if 12 came off of 3s.

Interesting Gabe stat that may mean nothing:
As a freshman he attempted free throws in 23/36 games (1.8 attempts per game)
As a sophomore he attempted free throws in 12/31 games (1.3 attempts per game)
As a junior he has attempted free throws in 3/3 games (4.3 attempts per game)

Things I'd like to see tonight...

Gabe get some shots and hopefully make a few. We will need him confident next week vs BC.

Robbins and Johnson stay on the floor.

We get a big enough lead that we can get more minutes out of our second group. We will be relying on them heavily in Big Ten play and with limited non conference games remaining they will need some minutes.

Press. Pitino likes his long defenders. Why the heck can't we throw a full court press on every once and a while with these guys?

Things I would like to see...

Gabe not shoot very much and take the ball to the basket a time or two.

Robbins do something to impress.

Carr get some rest.

Young guys play. I want to see what the Mashburn kid can do.

I like this start time. It gives me an opportunity to watch an episode of The Crown with my wife prior to the game. Marital harmony is important.

This is what encourages me about Gabe so far this year. He’s been terrible shooting this year, and is still averaging 11 a game. If he can find his shot and get back to shooting even 33-35% from 3, his game is becoming complete enough to be a 15 point per game scorer and a legit #2 option on the team. Obviously that relies on the shooting coming back, but still have hope that it will.

Yes, important to remember that he is taking the ball far more effectively and more often to the basket than last season, which has resulted in the jump in free throw attempts. He looks physically stronger to me which no doubt enables him to beter drive. Maybe the weight room time has also thrown off his shot for the moment?

I, like many would like to see the second group play more in the next couple games. Do, you realize?
After our next three non conference games heading into St Louis, Illinois etc ...we will likely not be favored in a game until February.
Sure, if we play well, we could possibly be, But, as of now a stretch of 13, 14 games we will be underdogs.
Play some people, get somebody rising up consistently besides Carr.

Enjoy what should be an easy game. Based on the current rankings our first 7 (7!) B1G games are against ranked opponents. Yikes.

Edit: Actually first 8 games.

@Illinois (5)
Iowa (3)
MSU (8)
@Wis (4)
OSU (23)
@Mich (25)
@ Iowa (3)
Mich (25)

Last edited:

FWIW - one of the North Dakota regulars is a guy named Mitchell Sueker from Marshall, MN. He was a HS teammate of Blaise Andries. Marshall had a couple of kids in the 6'8" - 6'9" range, so Andries was the first big man off the bench. Before Sueker went to N Dak, he attended that well-know basketball powerhouse, the South Dakota School of Mines.

Enjoy what should be an easy game. Based on the current rankings our first 7 (7!) B1G games are against ranked opponents. Yikes.

Edit: Actually first 8 games.

@Illinois (5)
Iowa (3)
MSU (8)
@Wis (4)
OSU (23)
@Mich (25)
@ Iowa (3)
Mich (25)

Wow. No one has mentioned this for almost an entire day.

This Gopher game is going to start very late if we’re stuck watching Purdue.

Games are rarely under 2 hours...yet BTN schedules them for 2 hours.

This Gopher game is going to start very late if we’re stuck watching Purdue.

Games are rarely under 2 hours...yet BTN schedules them for 2 hours.
They will probably start it but it won't be on TV until 10 minutes are done in the first half.

Looking forward to seeing Carr again. I'm the opposite of what most are saying, want to see him out there a lot.

Just tipping off now on Fox Sports app.

Commentator mics just cut out. Only game sounds, kinda nice

And boom goes the dynamite

Top Bottom