Otis

Reaction score
Let the discussion begin! Will this be the starting lineup tonight:

PG: Carr
SG: Kalesheur
SF: Gach
PF: Johnson
C: Rollins

Will Pitino loosen his reins on the bench and give extended minutes to some of the younger guys or will UND keep it close and force Pitino to keep his bench short?

Isn't Rollins what the announcer for the last game kept calling Robbins? 2020 continues to muck everything up for everybody.

Here's to hoping we're given a nice little taste of Mutaf and Mitchell, and more minutes for Mashburn. And maybe even a bit of a Freeman appetizer as well!

Things I'd like to see tonight...

Gabe get some shots and hopefully make a few. We will need him confident next week vs BC.

Robbins and Johnson stay on the floor.

We get a big enough lead that we can get more minutes out of our second group. We will be relying on them heavily in Big Ten play and with limited non conference games remaining they will need some minutes.

Press. Pitino likes his long defenders. Why the heck can't we throw a full court press on every once and a while with these guys?

Gabe get some shots and hopefully make a few. We will need him confident next week vs BC.

We get a big enough lead that we can get more minutes out of our second group. We will be relying on them heavily in Big Ten play and with limited non conference games remaining they will need some minutes.

Press. Pitino likes his long defenders. Why the heck can't we throw a full court press on every once and a while with these guys?

Love the all the stuff and totally agree except for the the pressing. I just don't know how feasible it is in the B1G so I don't know if it's worth doing? Have the personal to though with the length and depth that's for sure.

I just like the change of pace/energy that Omersa brings. Not saying he should get a bunch of minutes. But Omersa Curry can spell these guys, Ihnen too of course.

PG: Carr
SG: Kalesheur
SF: Gach
PF: Johnson

Will Pitino loosen his reins on the bench and give extended minutes to some of the younger guys or will UND keep it close and force Pitino to keep his bench short?
I mean, Pitino has gone 10 deep the last two games in close games against LMU. Aside from riding Carr, he has gone to the bench quite a bit. And even Mitchell got in the first half of the Green Bay game as well.

I would like to see a little of Mutaf though.

I just like the change of pace/energy that Omersa brings. Not saying he should get a bunch of minutes. But Omersa Curry can spell these guys, Ihnen too of course.
Oh they can for sure spell these guys, I just think we need Johnson and Robbins get more minutes before our bigger games coming up. They hardly played last game. Practice is one thing, but these are two new faces who have barely had in game minutes with their new team. Emphasize not fouling so they can play and get more time gelling with their new teammates.

Win first, then no injuries, keep Carr to 20 minutes, extended PT for Williams & Mash, and a combo of Carr, Mash, Gach/Johnson, Williams and Robbins.

Win first, then no injuries, keep Carr to 20 minutes, extended PT for Williams & Mash, and a combo of Carr, Mash, Gach/Johnson, Williams and Robbins.
No way Carr plays 20 minutes. Dosunmu played 26 and 27 minutes in their two 60 point wins this year and they have better guard depth than we do and we likely aren’t winning by 60. Iowa plays Garza at least 25 minutes in their blowouts and he likely isn’t in as good of shape as Carr and more prone to foul trouble.

Stan should start these threads.

I’d bench Carr tonight like Chuck Daly did MJ in the famed dream team scrimmage. Show these guys they need to play better to win and can’t rely on him. Outside of that, I’ll be closely tracking Gabe to see what his impact is.

I would like to see Ihnen assert himself on both ends and gain some confidence.

I would like to see Ihnen assert himself on both ends and gain some confidence.
He is the key player that can save Pitino's job imo. Need him to do exactly what you wrote.

I’d bench Carr tonight like Chuck Daly did MJ in the famed dream team scrimmage. Show these guys they need to play better to win and can’t rely on him. Outside of that, I’ll be closely tracking Gabe to see what his impact is.

Yeah, would be an interesting strategy to not play carr. Even if his minutes are limited, other players know he is still there to save the day. Somehow players not named carr need to contribute more.

My hearing isn't the greatest, but I thought the color man for the last game was calling the Gopher center "Roberts." The play-by-play person got it right, I believe.

Hey, people make mistakes. on the Loons game Thursday, they mis-pronounced Lod's name all night.

That is going to happen more often with broadcasters calling games remotely.

The other piece is NET rankings which feed off of the offensive and defensive efficiency numbers. Not playing Carr and only beating UND by 10 isn't going to help us.
I've heard Pitino talk about this. You are almost forced to run up the score.

You name all the Rollinses but no one mentions Tree Rollins?

Agree in part. The guys need to find their way without him. Benching Carr would be a slap in the "The Sue's" face and I doubt RP would do that.

Lots of Ihnen, Mash, Tre..........and hopefully Freeman.

Gabe scored 18 in last years game. Hope he can follow that up.

Top Bottom