Will the Gophers have a 2022 NFL Draft bonanza?

I wonder how the influx of Covid super seniors + some regular seniors + underclassmen studs leaving early will change how this draft shakes out.

Mafe is definitely becoming a Day 1 or Day 2 pick.

Fa’alele is a solid Day 2, but could be Day 1 if a team realizes he’s still is raw on talent and experience and don’t want a chance of a lifetime catch to get away. I will not be surprised if some team will pull the trigger.

Left Tackles are so coveted. Imagine Fa’alele ideveloping into a monster skill-wise who plays for ten years for a team.

It may be best for him to be drafted in the second or third round. There will be less pressure on him and can develop into a great player. He can clean house later money wise. A team is not going to let him walk away. His agent will have tons of leverage that will match Fa’alele’s massive size.

The question is which other Gophers will get drafted?

Andries
Kieft
Otomewo
Schlueter
Gibbens
Pinckney
Durr

My hunch is that these players if not drafted are high on the UDFA lists.

I don’t think he will get drafted but I do feel that he will be in a camp. NFL needs blocking TEs and he’s one of the best at it that I can remember. He also made some nice catches in his time here (albeit limited) so he’s not a liability with his hands.

I don’t think he will get drafted but I do feel that he will be in a camp. NFL needs blocking TEs and he’s one of the best at it that I can remember. He also made some nice catches in his time here (albeit limited) so he’s not a liability with his hands.
I bet he gets drafted. Like you said, the NFL needs blocking TEs, and he is an exceptional one. If you’re a GM, he is worth a 6th or 7th round pick to get him on your roster and not compete for him as an UDFA.

Can't find a picture, but I think I remember his hair style being enough to get drafted.

The 2022 NFL Draft is super loaded. It is a Pro Teams market. In a normal year, Ko Kieft would have gotten drafted.

1649898144808.png

Boye Mafe to the Falcons at 43 in a 2-round Kiper mock draft. No sign of Faalele.

Top Bottom