Will the Gophers have a 2022 NFL Draft bonanza?

hungan1

Reaction score
It's too soon to speculate, but in the event that they win their first Big Ten West title we could possibly see multiple Gopher NFL draft prospects in 2022.

Here is Blake Ruane's (The Daily Gopher) perspective:

Certainly lots of potential, but it's just potential for now.

That article excites me and makes me raise my expectations for this year.

I think Faalele should stay.
Really depends on the kind of year he has this year. He was still very raw the last time he played and that was quite a while ago at this point. But if he has a great season I could see the NFL buzz being very strong with him given his size.

Really depends on the kind of year he has this year. He was still very raw the last time he played and that was quite a while ago at this point. But if he has a great season I could see the NFL buzz being very strong with him given his size.
But he's lost some size (weight) so that means he (selfishly) needs to stay another year 😉

I remember reading it once before I think on this board but forgot. Before that I never knew the great OU coach Bud Wilkinson was a Gopher.

By the way Hungan1, thanks for posting this list. Lots of big names.

I think how well the team does is the key to having a chance for more than, maybe three guys.
Two guys you can say “will” get drafted: Mo and Daniel? Right? The other guys kinda gotta have real nice seasons. Ya? No?

I think how well the team does is the key to having a chance for more than, maybe three guys.
Two guys you can say “will” get drafted: Mo and Daniel? Right? The other guys kinda gotta have real nice seasons. Ya? No?
I think Mafe would get drafted even with mediocre production. He's the type of freak athlete that NFL coaches drool over. It's probably a moot point since he'll likely have a very nice season and cast any doubts aside regardless...

I see:

Mo
CRAB
Durr
Mafe

Maybe:
Schmitz
Andries
Pinckney
If they come out I would think Morgan and Faalele would be on the list as well. Neither would be a sure thing to go pro after this season though.

I feel like he will be gone. Someone will draft him off potential alone.
I agree, but the pros want a tackle to have better feet movement. And, imo, he's too tall to be an NFL guard. So he really needs to develop agility.

I see:

Mo
CRAB
Durr
Mafe

Maybe:
Schmitz
Andries
Pinckney

Mo is one of my favorite Gophers of all time but he will have a tough transition to the NFL. He would definitely be on the slow and small end of NFL RBs. I think someone will bring him in (or draft him late), but he is just a weird prospect.

Andries is a yes. I think he'll likely be the earliest picked other than Big Dan.
Faalele if he has a good year, he will likely be an early pick.
Connor Olson also has a chance to be drafted. He is strong, athletic enough, and versatile.

Man, speaking of draft picks - Did you see that Frank Ragnow (Chanhassen lad) just signed to be the highest paid center in the NFL? Didn't ol Jer go after him hard? Realistically, we never had a chance at him. Much like Quinn Carroll (how is he doing at Notre Dame)?

Man, speaking of draft picks - Did you see that Frank Ragnow (Chanhassen lad) just signed to be the highest paid center in the NFL? Didn't ol Jer go after him hard? Realistically, we never had a chance at him. Much like Quinn Carroll (how is he doing at Notre Dame)?
Those are always a bit frustrating to me.

I don't mind if a guy gets a better offer but sometimes it seems there are guys just dragging it out.

I don't see anyone over the age of 19 staying. They'll all go pro. We'll be the youngest team in America again.....

A better question might be Will the Gophers win the West.

Those are always a bit frustrating to me.

I don't mind if a guy gets a better offer but sometimes it seems there are guys just dragging it out.
Minnesota ended up being a lot better than Arkansas during Frank's time. Good to see him having success in the NFL

OKAY, I could start a thread but it'd be derailed anyway.... if I did, here is the headline:
What is the Gopher football team hiding?
There are no classes, years, grade in school listed on the roster.
I was curious if we have 40 seniors? Anybody know the number? It's big with everybody back,
the one year transfers and the new seniors to be added to the total.

I believe he blew out his knee last year.

With February just around the corner, the NFL Draft is fast approaching. My gut tells me two Gophers are almost a certainty to get drafted. I still see a possibility of more players drafted in the later rounds. The question is how many?

Daniel Fa'alele
Boye Mafe

Ko Kieft
Blaise Andries
Esezi Otomewo
Jack Gibbens
Nyles Pinckney
Coney Durr

Sam Schlueter
Conner Olson

Top Bottom