Who will Kill run out of the program?

Out coached. Coach said it himself. Growing pains could get worse if Kill loses the buy in of the seniors.

Out coached. Coach said it himself. Growing pains could get worse if Kill loses the buy in of the seniors.

Recurring theme, wouldn't you say? While I appreciate someone who can take the blame, it does get old.

I sometimes think that Coach Kill's saying 'he got coached', is just a euphemism for, 'I didn't get through to the players, so that they do the things they need to do, to win'. Our team has a lot of bad habits which they keep reverting to. I now a belieer that it's going to take three years.

Couple thoughts

One of the hardest teams to watch over the last 20 years even when they are good they make it hard. Someone mentioned the players reverting back to bad habits...what about coaches who have not learned from past Gopher coaches bad habits. How many 3rd down and longs did the team give up Saturday night? Mason was on the broadcast talking about the Gopher D and how they need to make plays and all I could think of was his teams that could never make big stops when they were needed. It is clear this Gopher team will struggle to win 2 games this season I really cant see how they will win a game in the Big Ten. With that being said how are we going to win next year or even the year after that?

Coach Kill keeps talking about the long term process about building a winning program. I agree with him but as he says that he is playing a ton of true freshman on a team that simply isnt going to win. Why? He should be redshirting these guys so they have 4 full years to help in the betterment of the program. He has talked about needing the depth this season but come on what depth are they providing if we cant win games against NDSU and NMST? Let them learn in practice and have 4 full years to show what they can do and maybe by the time they graduate they are on teams that can compete. Will he not red shirt anyone next season because depth wont be much better?!

How many true freshmen do you consider a ton? I can think of 3. Marcus Jones, Max Shortell, and Cobbs. (I don't know his first name).

I sometimes think that Coach Kill's saying 'he got coached', is just a euphemism for, 'I didn't get through to the players, so that they do the things they need to do, to win'. Our team has a lot of bad habits which they keep reverting to. I now a belieer that it's going to take three years.

I think that if Coach Kill lost to the Packers in overtime he would say that he was out coached.

Recurring theme, wouldn't you say? While I appreciate someone who can take the blame, it does get old.

A recurring theme? He has got out coached twice!? IMO he outcoached Lane Kiffen and Coach Treadwell.

Kill will run me out of the program if his team doesn't show up for the 4th time in 4 weeks this Saturday. I don't care about losing, they've been doing it forever. At least make it look like your team is prepared though.

Damn. Misread the title as 'Who will run Kill out of the program?"

By the way, I think we have our answer - it'll be Jerry Kill himself.

His decision to give in and head to Mayo is significant. Now, it may be that after the disappointing loss to that Dakota team he was especially bummed out and temporarily became open to the idea of caring more about his health. Soon, he could go back into his "screw everyone I ain't stopping" mode. I don't think so, though.

My money would be on him stepping aside this year (sooner than later). If he is truly open to what the doctors are going to tell him, he will have to. Folks can talk about medications all you want, as if when he moved to Minnesota he no longer had access to the wonder drugs of Dekalb. The fact is that any doctor is going to tell him that no matter what meds he's on, overworking his body & mind and subjecting himself to great stress, fatigue and lack of sleep is not good for him. If he wants to be healthier, he has to do his part too. His part does not mean simply popping a few pills at a certain time each day.

His decision to give in and head to Mayo is significant. Now, it may be that after the disappointing loss to that Dakota team he was especially bummed out and temporarily became open to the idea of caring more about his health. Soon, he could go back into his "screw everyone I ain't stopping" mode. I don't think so, though.

My money would be on him stepping aside this year (sooner than later). If he is truly open to what the doctors are going to tell him, he will have to. Folks can talk about medications all you want, as if when he moved to Minnesota he no longer had access to the wonder drugs of Dekalb. The fact is that any doctor is going to tell him that no matter what meds he's on, overworking his body & mind and subjecting himself to great stress, fatigue and lack of sleep is not good for him. If he wants to be healthier, he has to do his part too. His part does not mean simply popping a few pills at a certain time each day.

Wow so you are betting on the man having poor health? That's just awful...

My money would be on him stepping aside this year (sooner than later). If he is truly open to what the doctors are going to tell him, he will have to.

You have no idea what his doctors are going to tell him.

Wow so you are betting on the man having poor health? That's just awful...
I believe that is just a figure of speech. No one wants the guy to have health problems.

e: It's still all silly speculation though.

Haven't you said in the past that you are obese? Maybe you should step aside from your job and focus on your health. Afterall, if you are truly open to what doctors are going to tell you, you will have to.

The days of teams red-shirting all of their freshmen are over; and right now, that is one thing Coach Kill has to sell these kids on, that they will get the chance to play right away as he rebuilds. What better way to show that than by actually doing it?

The days of teams red-shirting all of their freshmen are over; and right now, that is one thing Coach Kill has to sell these kids on, that they will get the chance to play right away as he rebuilds. What better way to show that than by actually doing it?

Likely true. I don't question playing Shortell, because he was likely going to contribute and Nelson probably red-shirts next year so we get on the right cycle for QBs (no more "one guy/all snaps" for three or four seasons). It's a bit odd that he ran Cobb out there and I'm not sure having the freshman DE makes that much sense either if we're going to be heavy dogs for the rest of the season.

But he's the guy and he wants to win. His decision. Not mine.

The Mayo neurologists will tell Coach Kill that he needs to get more sleep and quite frankly work less hours and reduce his stress. They may also try to adjust his medication regimen.

I should know, as I've worked for Mayo as a healthcare provider for almost 25 years and have had idiopathic epilepsy that started at age 54 (this is really Coach Kill's diagnosis) for the last two years. I've been seen and evaluated by a Mayo neurologist that specializes in epilepsy and this is the advice I was given and I've followed it and have remained seizure free since having had two seizures six months apart initially. I have also been on a stable medication regimen and followed it to the letter. I can only imagine what has been tried (medications) with JK already!

I wonder if he can keep going? If not, would either Claeys or Limegrover inherit the HC position? Or...would they bring back Grinning Glen Mason (LOL)?

mattw1067 said:
Haven't you said in the past that you are obese? Maybe you should step aside from your job and focus on your health. Afterall, if you are truly open to what doctors are going to tell you, you will have to.

Yeah, but that album won't write itself.

Not going to look it up because I'm pretty sure I have the right jackass. Weren't you the jackass running your mouth about Kill's past medical issues and asserting that you just knew his hospitalization in 2010 had to have been because of a seizure? Saw in the paper that it was 9 days after gall bladder surgery, and I believe he had lost 15 pounds when he collapsed. That's not good either, but, what do you think, maybe he went back too early and pushed too hard after the surgery? Nothing to do with your take on it. Your internet diagnostic skills are worth crap, and you're taking way too much pleasure in forecasting Kill will be gone. Of course, you're careful to throw in a little concern for Coach Kill because you're such a great Gopher fan. Hopefully, you'll just go away.

Not going to look it up because I'm pretty sure I have the right jackass. Weren't you the jackass running your mouth about Kill's past medical issues and asserting that you just knew his hospitalization in 2010 had to have been because of a seizure? Saw in the paper that it was 9 days after gall bladder surgery, and I believe he had lost 15 pounds when he collapsed. That's not good either, but, what do you think, maybe he went back too early and pushed too hard after the surgery? Nothing to do with your take on it. Your internet diagnostic skills are worth crap, and you're taking way too much pleasure in forecasting Kill will be gone. Of course, you're careful to throw in a little concern for Coach Kill because you're such a great Gopher fan. Hopefully, you'll just go away.

If you're going to claim I said things in a thread, why not quote them? Let me help.

I think people are understating the significance of his health issues (those that we are aware of). I see where this is whole thing is probably headed. Not good.

September of last year, he had his gall bladder removed - why exactly doesn't appear to have been disclosed. The procedure required an overnight stay.

September of last year, just over a week after the gall bladder surgery and shortly after a football game, he was rushed to a hospital after collapsing and he spent approximately five days there. He was treated for dehydration, but that's all I know about that particular stay. It would be nice to know more if that information is available.

Minnesota signed up for it and will have to answer for it if things go where I believe they likely may.

I'll be hoping for the best, but I do not feel good about any of this. Sounds like I'm again in the minority here, though. OK, I'm done with it (for now at least). It's just curious to me that more people don't share my perspective/concerns. Then again, seems like that is often the case.

Alright, time to watch this QB controversy develop further!

Glad you "saw in the paper" that that hospitalization was after gall bladder surgery, but I had already said that. The above quote is from 9/17/11.

A couple of days later, I went on to say, in response to someone who said his seizures were "a once every 5 year thing":

It's far more frequent than you think.

Let's go back just one year, same week as this year's five night hospital stay. Coaching Northern Illinois... after their home opener, he winds up in the hospital for four nights. Even though some in this thread now want to believe he is Mr. open and forthright, spilling out everything as of late, you really don't think he was having seizures last year at this time when he missed the majority of a week during the season? I'll bet the house (it's not that much, really - my LTV is ridiculously high) that he was.
2010 - in the hospital four nights, I'll put money where my mouth is that he was having seizures

I absolutely stand by what I said. I will put whatever amount you can reasonably afford up on this bet - to be clear, I am stating that I fully believe Jerry Kill had a seizure episode(s) in September of 2010. Since you took time out to call me names and claim that I had it all wrong, let me know how much you'd like to wager.

I'm sorry you're having difficulty dealing with the facts. It is a bad situation. Unfortunately, everything I've said on this topic has been reasonable.

Gophers

Have little talent to work with and even less depth. Losing at home to an FCS school really can't be excused, but were the expectations for this year really high? Y'all need to recognize that this year is a wash. The biggest thing about this team is that they don't know to deal with adversity. They don't have a history of reacting well to it....ever. Until they get some kids who can be coached and experience some overcoming of adversity, the results will be the same. Coach Kill will hopefully weed out kids who don't/can't figure it out. Gophers will be fine.

GW - just because you believe he had seizure episode(s) doesn't make it so. You obviously have some aze to grind because you've been harping on this same subject ad nauseum for nearly 2 weeks. You don't know any more than any one else. Stick to providing info on the BB board. That you are good at.

tonypierce039 - exactly. Also, it takes more than spring ball and 4 weeks into a season to get the players straightened out from the loser attitude/mentality that has hung over the program the past 6 years or so. We find out Brewster didn't really have any discipline and it will take at least this year to get the players to change their mindset or move them along. And it baffles me that some still think we have plenty of talent on this team. It's not formations, it's getting beat one on one.

The Mayo neurologists will tell Coach Kill that he needs to get more sleep and quite frankly work less hours and reduce his stress. They may also try to adjust his medication regimen.

I should know, as I've worked for Mayo as a healthcare provider for almost 25 years and have had idiopathic epilepsy that started at age 54 (this is really Coach Kill's diagnosis) for the last two years. I've been seen and evaluated by a Mayo neurologist that specializes in epilepsy and this is the advice I was given and I've followed it and have remained seizure free since having had two seizures six months apart initially. I have also been on a stable medication regimen and followed it to the letter. I can only imagine what has been tried (medications) with JK already!

I wonder if he can keep going? If not, would either Claeys or Limegrover inherit the HC position? Or...would they bring back Grinning Glen Mason (LOL)?

That was my thought from the beginning, I've said it before and will say it again, why not have co head coaches until it is resolved to share the workload. If you need to hire another assistant coach to back fill do it.

Well, if Jerry can't go back to coaching, I think Maturi should retire and he should be AD (Maturi needs to retire no matter what). Kill clearly understands the importance of football and would improve the atmosphere overnight. He could just hire a flunky to oversee the non-revenue sports.

Before all you too serious types berate me, consider this- do you think Alvarez or Tom Osborne had the requisite business skills to be an AD?

Well, if Jerry can't go back to coaching, I think Maturi should retire and he should be AD (Maturi needs to retire no matter what). Kill clearly understands the importance of football and would improve the atmosphere overnight. He could just hire a flunky to oversee the non-revenue sports.

Before all you too serious types berate me, consider this- do you think Alvarez or Tom Osborne had the requisite business skills to be an AD?

Interesting take Winnipeg.

I absolutely stand by what I said. I will put whatever amount you can reasonably afford up on this bet - to be clear, I am stating that I fully believe Jerry Kill had a seizure episode(s) in September of 2010. Since you took time out to call me names and claim that I had it all wrong, let me know how much you'd like to wager.

I'm sorry you're having difficulty dealing with the facts. It is a bad situation. Unfortunately, everything I've said on this topic has been reasonable.

Geez sorry I haven't hung on every word you've written. You're still throwing crap against the wall and hoping it sticks.

Just because you "fully believe", that makes it true? It's still mindless speculation that accomplishes nothing because at this time we don't know what going to happen. So what in the hell is the purpose other than to make yourself seem a jackass instead of a dedicated fan? And somehow your offer to wager is to make you credible? Grow up.

Top Bottom