Who should be our next Coach?

Who should be the next Gophers Coach?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This option isn’t on the list, but would be the ultimate all-time U of M administration wet dream: Becky Hammon.

NOTE: Interestingly, she can coach, learned at the right hand of one of the great coaches of all time, and would almost certainly be more successful than the guy we currently have, who was their original wet dream.
Would she be…their Wet_Blanket?

My first choice. Gotta ask what it would take.
After that Kelsey. Hes the shot in the arm this team needs
Putting aside whether Muss would be interested, he's one guy who could take this fixer-upper and get it habitable again. No question in my mind about that.

Dutcher is the perfect person to come in for 5-7 years to get the program fixed.
I'm with ya. Dutcher doesn't get enough credit. He's a guy who simply does it, year after year, sustainably. Age hasn't seemed to slow him down. In that respect, he's Scotty Bowman, who could've kept succeeding into his 90s if he'd wanted to.

When the Gophs hired Clem, he had WKU in the top 20. Who does that?! He did that. Who's doing that today? Who has a team in a lesser league perennially ranked? I can only think of two off the top of my head: Mark Few and Brian Dutcher. One is unavailable. The other has an out clause in his contract in case the Gophers come calling. Fuckin' A, people.

Putting aside whether Muss would be interested, he's one guy who could take this fixer-upper and get it habitable again. No question in my mind about that.
Season ticket sales would double in a year. Suddenly portal players would sign with Minnesota.

I vote for whomever can come in here with giant bags of cash, hookers and blow and get the nastiest, dirtiest, sleaziest players who can ball.

Jerry Tarkanian has passed away, hasn't he?
Our boosters don't really step up so I have a feeling ours would be less like doing blow with an instgram model in Saint-Tropez and more like smoking meth with some cougar at the Red Roof Inn.

I'm with ya. Dutcher doesn't get enough credit. He's a guy who simply does it, year after year, sustainably. Age hasn't seemed to slow him down. In that respect, he's Scotty Bowman, who could've kept succeeding into his 90s if he'd wanted to.

When the Gophs hired Clem, he had WKU in the top 20. Who does that?! He did that. Who's doing that today? Who has a team in a lesser league perennially ranked? I can only think of two off the top of my head: Mark Few and Brian Dutcher. One is unavailable. The other has an out clause in his contract in case the Gophers come calling. Fuckin' A, people.
100%. Love watching Dutchers SDSU teams.

I'll take 5-10 years of Dutcher if we're thinking age is a problem. No question.

I really don’t think Muss is getable, even with a big check. Assuming he isn’t, I’m rolling with Beard, baggage and all. Put a pretty healthy “don’t do bad stuff” in his contract to protect yourself and go get him.

I really don’t think Muss is getable, even with a big check. Assuming he isn’t, I’m rolling with Beard, baggage and all. Put a pretty healthy “don’t do bad stuff” in his contract to protect yourself and go get him.
I agree on Musselman. There's just no way this administration hires Beard. He's fantastic coach, but just no way.

Ole Miss already nabbed him if reports are true.

Has the ship sailed on any coach that we interviewed during the last cycle because of how it ended?

Has the ship sailed on any coach that we interviewed during the last cycle because of how it ended?
I don’t think Smith or Dutcher were even asked to interview? Although that may not actually be better towards your point

Last edited:

I don’t think Smith or Durocher were even asked to interview? Although that may not actually be better towards your point
From what I had heard, Smith actually interviewed and would have taken the job. Dutcher I am not sure.

From that, I don't think Smith would choose to be back in the next cycle. Dutcher - Maybe?

Top Bottom