Who is to blame for the epic fail in QB evaluations?

I don’t think this is a fair list. We do not know how Viramontes, Annexstad, or Clark would have done if they were given the keys in place of Tanner who performed somewhere between OK and very good as “the guy” depending on who you ask.

Similarly, Knuth and Viotto never had the opportunity behind AK.
The guys ahead of them were not playing well, and/or they weren’t good enough to play. So, not good enough, not developed, or not given a chance. All are an issue for recruiting and/or development. They all count.

BINGO!!!!!

Tall, cannon arm, runs like Josh Dobbs... all of those are super-duper-cool things.

I'll take a QB who makes the routine throws consistently, doesn't look like a deer in the headlights when he faces pressure, can get the ball out quickly, understands the offense, can see what's in front of him and be decisive.
Right, those guys are everywhere, we should grab one.

First Kaliakmanis, then Viotto, and Kramer participated in Senior Day and may be done

Does this solely lie on Fleck or is there someone else in charge of QB recruiting misses?

It’s concerning for a B10 level team
The two people who should be the closest on a football team are the head coach and the starting QB. In our case it would be the Admiral and the Captain. It is all on the Admiral.

But his quarterbacking was less bad last year and more bad this year. Nebraska revival, Madison excellence, and Pinstripe hot start pre injury. He had no excellent games or stretches this year with 12 starts.

He was looser, more active, more decisive and more confident his first season.

He regressed. Who got into his head and paralyzed him? My guess would be Fleck.
If you look at stats, it was nearly identical. If you watch games other than the 2022 Wisconsin game, it was nearly identical.

The two people who should be the closest on a football team are the head coach and the starting QB. In our case it would be the Admiral and the Captain. It is all on the Admiral.
Are you saying you don’t think a defensive coach should ever be head coach?

Top Bottom