What bowl do you predict Gophers will be in?

The promoter of the LV Bowl is ….. ESPN Events.

Be careful what you ask for. Getting slotted to a lower bowl may have helped with those bowl victories.

I agree with you. The team from the past couple years should have been invited to play in Vegas or Nashville. Not this year's team (if that's what happens).

One I read has the gophers in Nashville

NY6 - MI/OSU/PSU
Citrus - Iowa
Formerly Outback - Wisconsin

Nashville -
Phoenix - Minnesota 2021
Vegas
New York (Maryland 2021, Minnesota 2022, northwestern 2016, Rutgers 2013 - my pick is Rutgers)

The only two games that feel like logical avoidance things to me are-
Maryland and Minnesota shouldn’t go to New York
Minnesota shouldn’t go to Phoenix

Yes.....I saw Gophers vs Auburn in the Music City Bowl too. Think that was a bleacher report projection.

They can't go to the Pinstripe again since they were there last year. Technically they *could* go to Phoenix again. That would depend on whether the Big Ten wants limit their flexibility in the final three(?) years of the bowl rotation though. Think they'd need a new team each year for the final three if that were the case.

Betting that Phoenix is where we end up. If justice were served....the Gophers would get bumped up to a better, undeserved bowl, due to the past couple years of getting screwed....but I don't see it happening.

Phoenix and Vegas are the two clear favorites. Maryland has never been to phoenix and the gophers were there two years ago.

Neither have been to Vegas.

The big ten contracts are muddy. Who selects first? Nobody knows. Whoever selects first HAS to select non gophers. Technically the gophers have to be the last bowl team placed.
They work with the conference. No idea where we go. The analysts I trust are saying phoenix. I lean Vegas
The big ten publishes a selection order

Gophers will likely be in Quick lane. Can't bitch they controlled own destiny and went 0 for November.

Usually would agree with that but undefeated, ACC Conference Champ thought they "controlled their own destiny" too. Turns out that ESPN and the SEC money did that.

Minneaota has ice. Phoenix does not. Detroit has
Usually would agree with that but undefeated, ACC Conference Champ thought they "controlled their own destiny" too. Turns out that ESPN and the SEC money did that.

Losing their star QB changed the dynamic. If they had the QB it would be a scandal they are out, but now a mediocre offense.

I agree with you. The team from the past couple years should have been invited to play in Vegas or Nashville. Not this year's team (if that's what happens).

Yes.....I saw Gophers vs Auburn in the Music City Bowl too. Think that was a bleacher report projection.

They can't go to the Pinstripe again since they were there last year. Technically they *could* go to Phoenix again. That would depend on whether the Big Ten wants limit their flexibility in the final three(?) years of the bowl rotation though. Think they'd need a new team each year for the final three if that were the case.

Betting that Phoenix is where we end up. If justice were served....the Gophers would get bumped up to a better, undeserved bowl, due to the past couple years of getting screwed....but I don't see it happening.
I don’t think they are worried about the rotations at all.
Total flexibility because there are a whole bunch of different teams

It’ll actually be interesting to see the new bowl tie ins added for the expanded conference

Then we lose by 40+ and to a MAC school. That's really going to get the casual fans angry and calling for more heads. Not to mention make the regular to die hard fans sad and depressed. :(

Honestly, wherever they go, they should be double digit/2 TDs+ underdogs. I know they might get some players back for the game, but I don't think it'll make much difference. Plus, I just don't see the players getting up for the game, especially after the way the last month has been. You then add that to a PWO QB and you have a recipe for disaster and a blowout.
Maximum negativity! Not even a whiff of positivity. You are a master of your craft. Congratulations.

Minneaota has ice. Phoenix does not. Detroit has

Losing their star QB changed the dynamic. If they had the QB it would be a scandal they are out, but now a mediocre offense.

Pretty weak "yeah but" response. Though the "Minneaota" gave you away.

Pretty weak "yeah but" response. Though the "Minneaota" gave you away.

That was a typo. The top part was garbage from something I started to write, then deleted, and didn't notice it got carried over.

The point is, the QB injury is the reason.

So it’s just a matter of where NW, Maryland, and Gophers go between Music, Vegas, and PHX bowls?

It is expected that three teams are in the CFP and NY6 bowls leaving six teams for the seven affiliated bowls
I gotcha now. The list posted above is wrong and that confused me.

Fiesta Bowl #8 Oregon vs. #23 Liberty

Orange Bowl #5 Florida State vs. #6 Georgia

Maximum negativity! Not even a whiff of positivity. You are a master of your craft. Congratulations.
I think MNgoph24 is a rename of an old account on here whose every post was Debbie downer.

It’s the PHX bowl then.

Maryland to MC

Top Bottom