Week 4 Other Games Thread

Gophers look like the best in the west this week. Look at what Wisconsin has done the last 10-20 years. I think they are allowed to have a down year from time to time. Gophers have a 6 year qb and running back which is huge. Should be there year. College game is just like this. Iowa was a 2 loss team recently and badgers had a 13-1 season not that long ago. Nobody but osu(who we should all hate) dominates year in and out.
Congrats to the Badgers on winning 13 games back in 2017, PJ’s first year, and a time when Chryst was still coasting on what was built before him. I don’t really care how good they were 5 years ago. PJ has our program on the upswing, Chryst is doing the opposite.

FAU making tons of stupid mistakes yet is still right there with Purdue.

I forgot about Bachmeier. I watched the kid for Virginia yesterday and wasn't impressed with him at all (Brennan Armstrong). Funny to see these once recruits starting elsewhere with some idea of how good they are.

Bachmeier has been decent for Boise but they’ve fallen far from the Chris Petersen era. The early retirement of Chris Petersen at a relatively young age is another interesting episode. I wonder if he’ll ever decide to coach again.

Miami U driving. Could be the only team named Miami to win today...

Bachmeier has been decent for Boise but they’ve fallen far from the Chris Petersen era. The early retirement of Chris Petersen at a relatively young age is another interesting episode. I wonder if he’ll ever decide to coach again.
What happened to him at Washington? He just quit on his own?

Fitz is one of the most overhyped coaches in CFB
NW is one of toughest places to win in..

But he definitely needs to modernize offense and his defense hasn't adjusted since his dc retired.

By the way. Forgot to say this during our game. I watch a damn lot of college football and we are the ONLY team that I see put a guy in motion to stop behind the QB on a sneak and push him in the back. I think its a smart move, but I don't see anyone else doing it yet. Have any of you seen it elsewhere?

They do not look good, at least on defense. They look ok on O even with their backup QB…
I think the Gophers should be favored by a couple TDs next week, not?
Probably ~7

Great win today my gopher friends. I'm pretty frustrated right now but I have to remember that a couple of years ago we had lost like 20 SEC games in a row.
You have a coach that has turned you into a scary good team. It is a tough league for sure, but sure glad you've survived the Bielema years...

You have a coach that have turned you into a scary team. It is a tough league for sure, but sure glad you've survived the Bielema years...
And they can share our Robb Smith pain

FAU gets the ball back down 2 with 2 minutes left and 3 timeouts.

Would FAU just beat PurDont already! These two teams both look terrible!

I feel really great about being 5-0 next week
problem is, WE really need Purdue to win. It’ll matter in final rankings and bowl positioning.

Don't know why the Ohio State starters are still in late against Wisconsin. K-State playing OU tough again.

Last 3 matchups have all been close so I bet the spread won't be huge. That said, Fleck has Brohm's number as we have won the past 4 matchups.
I'm confident we'll be fine

problem is, WE really need Purdue to win. It’ll matter in final rankings and bowl positioning.
Could care less about any of that. We just have to take care of ourselves and the rest will shake out however it does.

Don't know why the Ohio State starters are still in late against Wisconsin. K-State playing OU tough again.
OSU runs up the score every game, just like Alabama and Georgia do. Unfortunately, the final score matters in playoff positioning.

What happened to him at Washington? He just quit on his own?

Classic burn out case. He took Washington to the Rose Bowl they year before he retired. Found this:

"This was, maybe a longer time coming. So when I was at Boise State, I was energized and really driven for almost all of my time there."

"My last year there, a lot of things started to...I had a lot of chances to leave Boise State at that time, but it never really entertained those offers because I was so driven and excited and energized with what we were building there."

"But my last year there, something really started to change and I felt like I wasn't being that good of a leader, I felt like I was short with people and I started to get cynical. We won most of our games but then the press or other people started coming at us with stuff like 'Why was that game so close?' Part of the job is answering those kinds of questions but that really started to get under my skin and I was really starting to slide backwards as far as the type of coach and the type of leader that I wanted to be."

Petersen goes on share that his wife kind of saw the change in him happening, and after a while suggested that he needed to go talk to someone or get a new job or something.

"The job felt like it was becoming very restrictive and narrow to me and I wasn't enjoying the part of this process that I really needed to embrace."

"So when the Washington job came along, I thought, 'You know what I need? I need a new set of problems.'"

…."I go to Washington and it's numbing and its blurry for almost two years but you're in the fight so hard and its a new set of problems. Then again, I get to the end of year five and I'm starting to have those same feelings because I never really got healthy enough. I didn't have a great game plan for my life, on how I wanted my life to be. I didn't have great self-talk, I didn't have great recovery skills...all these things I've learned since."

Win or lose, it's gonna be ugly. Both starting QB and RB out, what are the chance they're both healthy enough to play minny?

Miami goes up 3 with 19 seconds left...

Top Bottom