Week 3 Other Games Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Colorado will get destroyed by TCU."
"Colorado will get destoyed by Nebraska."
"Colorado barely beat CSU."

One of these days the haters may actually be correct.

1-11 to 3-0. Sanders has already been a success.
He’s a fraud and next week he will get beat by 28 points —all talk

"Do you believe now".....good lord the announcers are clowns.....they just went to double OT in a game they were supposed to win by 20+ and they need CSU to play like absolute crap to allow them to even have a chance.

Colorado is going to get destroyed by Oregon and it is going to be so much fun to watch.
Not Mark Jones' finest moment as an announcer.

He’s a fraud and next week he will get beat by 28 points —all talk
So you are saying you don’t like coaches that talk a lot and draw attention to themselves - or is it just ones that back it up that bother you? 😳
Colorado was atrocious last year. They are significantly better than the Gophers are now. You can not like how he did it - but he is kicking ass.

"Colorado will get destroyed by TCU."
"Colorado will get destoyed by Nebraska."
"Colorado barely beat CSU."

One of these days the haters may actually be correct.

1-11 to 3-0. Sanders has already been a success.
He clearly improved the talent level at Colorado with all his transfers (especially on offense), there is no denying that. But they are also being WAY overhyped and last night was the first true proof of that.

Win over TCU was impressive however TCU should not have been ranked where they were to start the year.

Not sure who you think was saying Nebraska would destroy them.

And as for this past game....Colorado was a 20+ point favorite who needed double OT and CSU to commit nearly 200 yards worth of penalties in order to get the W at home. If CSU doesn't commit stupid penalty after stupid penalty they win that game in a route. Just under 200 yards in penalties...that is an insane number.

So yeah, Sanders has clearly improved Colorado in year one from where they were the past few years. But that team does not deserve the constant hype and attention they have been getting and they were exposed in a big way last night.

Oregon is going to shred that Colorado defense to pieces next week in Eugene.

I imagine Jay Norvell kicked his own ass so badly last night over the mistakes he made that he's going to need a hat and sunglasses to hide the bruises.

So you are saying you don’t like coaches that talk a lot and draw attention to themselves - or is it just ones that back it up that bother you? 😳
Colorado was atrocious last year. They are significantly better than the Gophers are now. You can not like how he did it - but he is kicking ass.
I don't get it either. I meet lots of people who hate Fleck because he "rubs them the wrong way." I'm okay with a little character in college football. So far, CU reminds me of our 2019 season. Good luck to them, I say.

Like UNC did to the Gophers?
Not sure what point you are trying to make but all this stuff about the overhyping of Colorado has nothing to do with the Gophers

Colorado defense looked bad against TCU and they got lit up by a very mediocre CSU team as well. If you don't think the Oregon Offense is going to obliterate this defense next week then I would love to know what you have been watching.

Not sure what point you are trying to make but all this stuff about the overhyping of Colorado has nothing to do with the Gophers

Colorado defense looked bad against TCU and they got lit up by a very mediocre CSU team as well. If you don't think the Oregon Offense is going to obliterate this defense next week then I would love to know what you have been watching.
3-0 Oregon has scored 174 points so far. Theyre going to shred lots of defenses.
That doesnt mean Sanders is a fraud and a failure. He's taken a 1-11 team to national relevance in one season.
And If theyre overhyped thats not a negative on Sanders.

3-0 Oregon has scored 174 points so far. Theyre going to shred lots of defenses.
That doesnt mean Sanders is a fraud and a failure. He's taken a 1-11 team to national relevance in one season.
Never said he was a fraud or a failure. I just think the Coach Prime circus has been way over promoted.

He has clearly improved that team from the dumpster fire they were. But good lord you would think they were National title contenders with the way the program was being covered.

Sanders brought with him some guys that never should have been at the HBCU level to begin with and he clearly upgraded their roster in a lot of ways. He is the perfect type of coach for this current free agent landscape where his personality will draw a lot of players his way.

In the end, Colorado is probably an upper middle of the pack team in the PAC 12. Big improvement over last year but not worthy of the National obsession with the program.

Time will tell if Sanders can build and maintain the kind of program that can compete with the best in power 5.

To be a little fair the biggest difference is his son. They’re not a very good team without him. It will be interesting to see how he does without that luxury next year.

College football needs teams like Prime's Buffs, love them or hate them. It also needs teams like their antithesis in Iowa among others. The "Winning Time" HBO series is all about the drama between the glitz Lakers and the blue collar Celtics. The Prime Time Colorado drama seems to be a similar story IMO.

I’ll be the first to admit that Deion and CU have greatly exceeded my expectations, but if this is supposed to be some Deion vs PJ comparison, Deion has a long way to go before he has accomplished anything close to what PJ has as a HC. I’d wait a bit before taking that victory lap.

Man kicking ass—give me a break.

Kicking whose ass —a totally overrated TCU team that has a terrible defense —a mediocre Nebraska team that coughed up the ball 4 times —or is it the ass kicking they layed on the “110” ranked team last night -the team that had something like 200 yards in penalty’s.

We’ll see whose asses get kicked when they play Oregon/USC/UCLA/Oregon State or maybe they ass kick Utah

And Colorado's D will be missing their best player too

Visiting family in Tucson so ended up at the Arizona vs utep game last night. Wildcats won comfortably. I think they can claw their way to 6 wins and a bowl game after a decade of poor play. Our stadium is much better than theirs but I will say they have a cool tailgate setup with everything happening on the university mall. Something about palm trees that make everything better

You keep referencing him taking a 1-11 team and making them nationally relevant. Unfortunately, that's incorrect. When 73 of 83 scholarship players "leave" the team, he didn't do ANYTHING with that team. This is all his team. So comparing this year to last is incorrect because this isn't the same team. He's done well, but he's beaten 3 below average to average teams. Excited to join your bandwagon if they find a way to beat a team with aspirations of being at the top of their conference. I'll even throw on my san fran 49er prime jersey from when I was a young buck.

Visiting family in Tucson so ended up at the Arizona vs utep game last night. Wildcats won comfortably. I think they can claw their way to 6 wins and a bowl game after a decade of poor play. Our stadium is much better than theirs but I will say they have a cool tailgate setup with everything happening on the university mall. Something about palm trees that make everything better
I went to a game there in 1990 when Dick Tomey was coach. Lost to Cal. Got in free. Drunk as shit. Loved it. Very nice atmosphere back then.

I’ll be the first to admit that Deion and CU have greatly exceeded my expectations, but if this is supposed to be some Deion vs PJ comparison, Deion has a long way to go before he has accomplished anything close to what PJ has as a HC. I’d wait a bit before taking that victory lap.
The comparison went only as far as someone who chose a moniker in support of PJ calling Deion a fraud for being “all talk”.

Don't know if it's been mentioned earlier, but I watched the first half of Tennessee/Florida and Mertz actually looked like a college QB. He looks to be in an offense that more closely matches his strengths than what Chryst ran at Wisconsin.

Man kicking ass—give me a break.

Kicking whose ass —a totally overrated TCU team that has a terrible defense —a mediocre Nebraska team that coughed up the ball 4 times —or is it the ass kicking they layed on the “110” ranked team last night -the team that had something like 200 yards in penalty’s.

We’ll see whose asses get kicked when they play Oregon/USC/UCLA/Oregon State or maybe they ass kick Utah
Kicking ass in turning a laughing stock 1-11 team into a legit team in one year. Downplaying a win at TCU, smh.

You are right that they aren’t good enough to go undefeated (way to call it), but they are already better in year 1 than PJ’s team in year 7, so yeah, kicking ass.

You keep referencing him taking a 1-11 team and making them nationally relevant. Unfortunately, that's incorrect. When 73 of 83 scholarship players "leave" the team, he didn't do ANYTHING with that team. This is all his team. So comparing this year to last is incorrect because this isn't the same team. He's done well, but he's beaten 3 below average to average teams. Excited to join your bandwagon if they find a way to beat a team with aspirations of being at the top of their conference. I'll even throw on my san fran 49er prime jersey from when I was a young buck.
Is TCU below average or average. The team that played in the Nc game just last year is now “below average to average”? 🙄

Kicking ass in turning a laughing stock 1-11 team into a legit team in one year. Downplaying a win at TCU, smh.

You are right that they aren’t good enough to go undefeated (way to call it), but they are already better in year 1 than PJ’s team in year 7, so yeah, kicking ass.
Undefeated? They’ll be lucky to win 6 games

Yeah just keep drinking the cool aid —at least until next weekend anyway

Undefeated? They’ll be lucky to win 6 games

Yeah just keep drinking the cool aid —at least until next weekend anyway
What exactly do you think losing to Oregon will prove?

The comparison went only as far as someone who chose a moniker in support of PJ calling Deion a fraud for being “all talk”.
I don’t think Deion is all talk, but again you are acting as if Deion is a similarly or more accomplished coach than PJ.

If you’re not claiming that, then your comment makes no sense.

Is TCU below average or average. The team that played in the Nc game just last year is now “below average to average”? 🙄
I don’t have an answer to where TCU falls on that scale, but you are using last years results to define how good TCU might be, while at the same time talking about how good a team is that went 1-11 last year.

I don’t think Deion is all talk, but again you are acting as if Deion is a similarly or more accomplished coach than PJ.

If you’re not claiming that, then your comment makes no sense.
I’m not acting as anything. When did I ever talk about accomplishments? PJ has been a coach far longer than Deion. I’m not sure who will end up being a better coach, but I know they both love to talk and make everything about themselves. That’s my point.

I’m not acting as anything. When did I ever talk about accomplishments? PJ has been a coach far longer than Deion. I’m not sure who will end up being a better coach, but I know they both love to talk and make everything about themselves. That’s my point.
“Is it just the ones that back it up that bother you”
Was this comment not meant to imply that Deion backs up his talk but PJ doesn’t?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom