Week 3 Other Games Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t have an answer to where TCU falls on that scale, but you are using last years results to define how good TCU might be, while at the same time talking about how good a team is that went 1-11 last year.
LOL. You are trying way too hard. You should try reading what I post instead of finding some hidden meaning. I’m saying TCU is not “below average to average.” I think this is obvious to anyone who has seen them or watched them last year. Another poster I replied to claimed they weren’t. I’m also not saying “how good CO” is, I’m saying they are significantly better than last last year and better than the Gophers. Anything else you decide I’m “saying”, “claiming”, or “acting like” is on you dude.

“Is it just the ones that back it up that bother you”
Was this comment not meant to imply that Deion backs up his talk but PJ doesn’t?
Deion has only been coach for 3 games. So far, he has backed it up. Especially to someone that thinks PJ has.

Deion has only been coach for 3 games. So far, he has backed it up. Especially to someone that thinks PJ has.
Has PJ backed it up or not? Your comment implies that one guy has and one hasn’t. At least stand by your takes.

To change the subject a bit the TN/FL game was interesting.
Mertz led the underdog FL to victory over #10 TN.
TN was down two possessions in the last two minutes as FL ran out the clock.
With 10 seconds to play FL had the ball with a 4th down.
The TN players on the bench headed to the locker room the FL coach started to cross the field and then the disgusting TN coach, Heupel called a time-out to stop the clock !!!
FL ran play Mertz took a knee and a TN player whacked him.
A melee ensued all because Heupel was pissed his team lost and acted like a complete bitch.

Has PJ backed it up or not? Your comment implies that one guy has and one hasn’t. At least stand by your takes.
I see a rabbit hole. If Deion is all talk then so is PJ. If Deion hasn’t backed it up, then in no way has PJ. PJ’s best attribute is supposed to be recruiting (it sure isn’t coaching) and Deion seems to be better at that. Who will end up “accomplishing more” I haven’t and won’t guess. Overall, to this point, PJ has not backed up all his talk. Unless you find the “50 firsts” BS impressive.

I see a rabbit hole. If Deion is all talk then so is PJ. If Deion hasn’t backed it up, then in no way has PJ. PJ’s best attribute is supposed to be recruiting (it sure isn’t coaching) and Deion seems to be better at that. Who will end up “accomplishing more” I haven’t and won’t guess. Overall, to this point, PJ has not backed up all his talk. Unless you find the “50 firsts” BS impressive.
Again, your commentary implies that they are at least equivalents as coaches, if not that Deion is better. Nothing in their body of work backs that up.

Did PJ himself say that his best attribute is recruiting, or is that something you made up because your initial comment doesn’t stand up to scrutiny?

Disagree that what Prime did at CU is "good for college football".

If he succeeds, especially this year, it means every new coach, if not every coach of every medicore or worse team every year, should trash the existing roster and bring in 60+ new players through the portal.

That is objectively bad for college football.

Disagree that what Prime did at CU is "good for college football".

If he succeeds, especially this year, it means every new coach, if not every coach of every medicore or worse team every year, should trash the existing roster and bring in 60+ new players through the portal.

That is objectively bad for college football.
He’s playing within the rules that he did not set. Also, he’s probably the only guy in the country who could have flipped that CU roster in that short of a time (other than guys who already have elite rosters).

The transfer rules are bad for the game IMO, but Deion hasn’t done anything to make them worse.

Again, your commentary implies that they are at least equivalents as coaches, if not that Deion is better. Nothing in their body of work backs that up.
🙄. Not only have I been clear, I have also answered your questions. Yet, you still tell me What I was “saying”, “claimed”, “acted like”, and now “implied”. Maybe just read what I post, cool?
Did PJ himself say that his best attribute is recruiting, or is that something you made up because your initial comment doesn’t stand up to scrutiny?
Again, trying so hard. I didn’t say PJ said it. I said it was supposed to be - as in what has been said about PJ since day one. I also flat out said that “it sure isn’t his coaching” and before you ask, no, PJ didn’t say that - I did.

“Your initial comment doesn’t stand up to scrutiny”… LOL. Is that what you think your doing? I’ve literally answered every question you have asked, but am done now. Maybe give your opinion on the topic once you get over the fact that someone criticized PJ.

Is TCU below average or average. The team that played in the Nc game just last year is now “below average to average”? 🙄
Correct, the team that played in the NC game last year and lost their best players is now below average to average. I'm shocked you understood that after reading all of your other posts. You're full of surprises. 🙄🤫

Correct, the team that played in the NC game last year and lost their best players is now below average to average. I'm shocked you understood that after reading all of your other posts. You're full of surprises. 🙄🤫
Pin this post.

Huge 6 points the Buffs scored today. I wanted to say congrats. What should I do with this pinned post?
LOL. Who said CO would beat OR? I asked you last week what a 21 point favorite winning would prove, but never got a response. My statement was that CO is significantly better than last year. They are. Losing to a top 10 team proves nothing other than Oregon is better.

Oh, btw, the pinned post was about your TCU comment. They won by 17 today. I’m glad we pinned it for reference as you don’t seem to follow along very well.

LOL. You are trying way too hard. You should try reading what I post instead of finding some hidden meaning. I’m saying TCU is not “below average to average.” I think this is obvious to anyone who has seen them or watched them last year. Another poster I replied to claimed they weren’t. I’m also not saying “how good CO” is, I’m saying they are significantly better than last last year and better than the Gophers. Anything else you decide I’m “saying”, “claiming”, or “acting like” is on you dude.
Eh, I'd put money on the Gophers beating Colorado if they were playing this year. They are a good matchup for the Gophers. I'd say otherwise if they had a good defense.

LOL. Who said CO would beat OR? I asked you last week what a 21 point favorite winning would prove, but never got a response. My statement was that CO is significantly better than last year. They are. Losing to a top 10 team proves nothing other than Oregon is better.

Oh, btw, the pinned post was about your TCU comment. They won by 17 today. I’m glad we pinned it for reference as you don’t seem to follow along very well.
Show me where you asked the 21 point question to me please.

I was hoping they were a 36 point favorite before I'd comment on such things.

Eh, I'd put money on the Gophers beating Colorado if they were playing this year. They are a good matchup for the Gophers. I'd say otherwise if they had a good defense.
CO is better than MN, IMO. It’s fact that they are significantly better than last year.

Hope they aren't too beaten up over that tough slate of Nicholls State, Houston, and SMU. LOL

CO is better than MN, IMO. It’s fact that they are significantly better than last year.
I disagree based on I think they are a two trick pony. Sanders at QB and Hunter. Two top draft ponies. Respect your take though. Hard to argue with our failures at passing this year.

Last edited:

Show me where you asked the 21 point question to me please.
Post #266 in this thread. Looks like I asked it to another poster.
Hope they aren't too beaten up over that tough slate of Nicholls State, Houston, and SMU. LOL
You really do struggle to follow along. I wasn’t claiming victory on one game like you tried to - I’ll let the season play out - I was just telling you what the pinned post was about because you seemed to forget.

I disagree based on I think they are a two trick pony. Sanders at QB and Hunter. Two top draft ponies. Respect your take though. Hard to argue with our failures at passing this year.
They do need Hunter, that is for sure. Maybe we’ll play them in the Motor City Bowl and get to see 🤷‍♂️

I think TCU is an average to above average P5 team. Still maybe we should better define what "average" is. Is average the 50-60th team in the FBS? Or is average for a P5 team actually in the 30-50th range? I think TCU is probably around 40 this year. 🤷‍♂️

You really do struggle to follow along. I wasn’t claiming victory on one game like you tried to - I’ll let the season play out - I was just telling you what the pinned post was about because you seemed to forget.
I think you can only backpedal so far before you fall off the huge mountain you tried to put Prime on. You saying that Colorado is improved is like me saying water is wet. He got rid of all but 10 players or so from a 1-11 record. Nothing he did today and really all season tells me he is a good coach at all. Heck of a recruiter because of his name and past accolades as a player, but he does nothing as a gameday coach. I'm not just piling on now because his team got smoked and he did nothing to stop it. I said earlier in the year he just isn't a good coach. PJ would coach circles around him if they had the exact same teams going head to head. Now, if you wanted to tell me he was a great general manager or CEO of his team, I'd agree.

I think you can only backpedal so far before you fall off the huge mountain you tried to put Prime on. You saying that Colorado is improved is like me saying water is wet. He got rid of all but 10 players or so from a 1-11 record. Nothing he did today and really all season tells me he is a good coach at all. Heck of a recruiter because of his name and past accolades as a player, but he does nothing as a gameday coach. I'm not just piling on now because his team got smoked and he did nothing to stop it. I said earlier in the year he just isn't a good coach. PJ would coach circles around him if they had the exact same teams going head to head. Now, if you wanted to tell me he was a great general manager or CEO of his team, I'd agree.
I'm not sure about this. Head coaches are often CEO types. There are many good ones that delegate all gameday decisions. I think PJ and Prime are quite similar, not the same of course. Deion does have some recruiting advantages with the fame and experience of being one of best athletes ever and having his own super gifted kid playing QB. I do wonder how long he stays after his kids are gone.

I think you can only backpedal so far before you fall off the huge mountain you tried to put Prime on.
I literally said they were “significantly improved.” I even said “I’m not saying how good CO is, I’m saying they are significantly improved” the last time someone tried putting words in my mouth. I objected to people saying he was “all talk”. He has brought in talent and made them a legitimate team in one year. I’d love to know what I’m “backpedaling” from. 😂😂😂😂
Heck of a recruiter because of his name and past accolades as a player, but he does nothing as a gameday coach.
Yes, a great recruiter. Kinda important for a CFB coach, wouldn’t you say.
Nothing as a Gameday coach? Based on what? He seemed to do pretty well at Jackson State and has already beaten a ranked team at CO.
I'm not just piling on now because his team got smoked and he did nothing to stop it. I said earlier in the year he just isn't a good coach.
And so far you have been proven wrong.
PJ would coach circles around him if they had the exact same teams going head to head.
Because PJ is a great Gameday coach? I’d take Prime Time over PJ in a heartbeat.
Now, if you wanted to tell me he was a great general manager or CEO of his team, I'd agree.
You have basically admitted you had already decided he wasn’t a good coach before the season started. This is way more about your dislike of DS or his approach then it is about anything else.

I literally said they were “significantly improved.” I even said “I’m not saying how good CO is, I’m saying they are significantly improved” the last time someone tried putting words in my mouth. I objected to people saying he was “all talk”. He has brought in talent and made them a legitimate team in one year. I’d love to know what I’m “backpedaling” from. 😂😂😂😂

Nothing as a Gameday coach? Based on what? He seemed to do pretty well at Jackson State and has already beaten a ranked team at CO.

Because PJ is a great Gameday coach? I’d take Prime Time over PJ in a heartbeat.

You have basically admitted you had already decided he wasn’t a good coach before the season started. This is way more about your dislike of DS or his approach then it is about anything else.
Tough call for me. I feel like they just are different overall gameday philosophies. PJ is captain conservative, which still boggles my mind since he was a WR. Whatever floats your boat, PJ pun unintended.

I admitted he wasn't a good coach before the season because he isn't a good coach. My dislike of DS goes all the way back to me owning his 49ers jersey and begging my parents for a cowboys one that they wouldn't let me have. Coaching at Jackson State with 5 star talent is like the Tommies playing against the Vikings. Being a good recruiter literally has zero to do with coaching during a game or in practice for that matter. I believe you're struggling to comprehend what COACHING is. Hilarious stating he beat a ranked TCU team. Texas Tech was also a ranked team. They're 1-3. You'd take prime over PJ? Based on 4 games at the P5 level and a blowout in his only real game so far? I see your knowledge of the game is extremely high.

I admitted he wasn't a good coach before the season because he isn't a good coach.
Based on what then? Are you a coach whisperer?
I believe you're struggling to comprehend what COACHING is.
Does coaching in game help you beat ranked teams on the road or win in OT games? I’m asking since I don’t comprehend what COACHING is where as you know who is or isn’t a good coach before they even coach a game.
Hilarious stating he beat a ranked TCU team. Texas Tech was also a ranked team. They're 1-3.
TCU is 3-1 and CO hasn’t played TT. I get how this works tho - If CO beat them, then they must suck. If TCU beat them, they must suck. I see your knowledge of the game is extremely high.

You'd take prime over PJ? Based on 4 games at the P5 level and a blowout in his only real game so far?
No, based on 6-years with PJ where he has beaten a total of 3 ranked teams and the fact that Deion is already out recruiting him. Besides, you declared he was a bad coach before he ever coached a P5 team. Oh, yeah, coach whisperer.
I see your knowledge of the game is extremely high.
I was going to say we finally agreed on something, but then I realized your moniker says Maroon. 🤷‍♂️

I’ll answer your question. A beat down like today just proves to me what I said last week —all talk and totally exposed

I’ll answer your question. A beat down like today just proves to me what I said last week —all talk and totally exposed
Great Point. Most teams would hang with Oregon w/o their best player. When USC beats CO next week they should probably fire Deion. Heck, some knew he couldn’t coach before the season even started.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom