Week 1 Other Games Thread

I posted when PJ was hired that a high school classmate who played in the NFL has a son playing for Western Michigan and he told me when PJ was hired that he is the real deal & can coach. His son is starting on the Oline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You've seen "plenty" of posters on here that think Fleck didn't recruit well at WMU? Not that they are skeptical that he can recruit here? Guess there may have been some who did. Can't think of any, but maybe there are some that hide behind their dislike of his "style".

But people who think he couldn't even recruit at WMU? Really? That just sounds implausible. Can't even think of one.

I'm in wait-and-see mode with Fleck, but he definitely was the best recruiter in the MAC the last few years. It's part of what got him the job here. I don't think anyone can (or has) argued against that. Like you say, the big question is if he can duplicate it here. There have been a few great MAC coaches (or other smaller conferrences) that flopped in bigger conferences (Hazell is the quickest one that comes to mind).

Purdue twice comes up with a TO while Louisville at the goal line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah Purdue is hanging in there so far. In other news, USC finally pulled away from Western Michigan.

I have to say, on a side note, I really enjoy the simple things about this time of year. Case in point, seeing the final score of a Minnesota win at the bottom news ticker during other college football games always puts a smile on my face.

I agree with that.
I am always torn watching the non conference games as i know it's best for the B1g teams to win, but I like to see upsets like Nevada over NW or Iowa/Wi losing

I do not know how many TOs Oregon State had left, but that short WR Portland State had playing QB at a very high level late in the game had them inside the 15, down by 2 with not much time left in the game, and they kept running plays with 20 plus seconds on the play clock.

At the very least they should have snapped it a the end of the play clock and made OSU use all their TOs and then kick a field gold. They really below this one. Oregon was toast, if they only had one TO left.

Everyone was talking about all the lost starters on Michigan's team, but it looks like the replacements Harbaugh has recruited on both sides of the ball are much better. The Defense looks like what we used to refer to as an "SEC" defense" with a great D backs, a bunch of fast, strong LBs and great Def. tackles.

Michigan seems to have another great TE and a bunch of WRs that can make plays, They also apparently have a running back, something missing for years, except they now have 3 great ones in #12,#22 an #32. This team is starting to look like the old Stanford teams JH had.

Michigan might win the Big Ten this year.
"

Everyone was talking about all the lost starters on Michigan's team, but it looks like the replacements Harbaugh has recruited on both sides of the ball are much better. The Defense looks like what we used to refer to as an "SEC" defense" with a great D backs, a bunch of fast, strong LBs and great Def. tackles.

Michigan seems to have another great TE and a bunch of WRs that can make plays, They also apparently have a running back, something missing for years, except they now have 3 great ones in #12,#22 an #32. This team is starting to look like the old Stanford teams JH had.

Michigan might win the Big Ten this year

Could be and nobody was saying they were coming into the season without any talent. They were ranked #11 in the country to Florida's 16 and Florida had 10 players suspended for the game plus whoever they lost from last year too.

The Big Ten East might be the toughest division in College Football.

I have to say, on a side note, I really enjoy the simple things about this time of year. Case in point, seeing the final score of a Minnesota win at the bottom news ticker during other college football games always puts a smile on my face.

Same. I always love seeing it for any Minnesota team.

Could Louisville be overrated?

Refs are trying to give game to Louisville

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Louisville gets in but Purdue stops the 2 point conversion.

Yikes, pick six by the Cardinals. Purdue manages to stop another 2 point conversion, though.

In other news, Baylor is losing to some Liberty University apparently.

Florida St got screwed at the end of the half. Obvious PI on Alabama in the end zone not called, result is a long field attempt that was blocked.

Great day for college football. The Nebraska and Purdue games are both fun to watch (for me more than the fsu bama game).

Damn, just checked the Nebraska score, that was unexpected.

Huge touchdown drive by Purdue, they take the lead.

Just an FYI - Aaron Hill is a strength coach for Vanderbilt

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looks like Bama is going to carry the SEC again. But yeah, "SEC, SEC, SEC!"

Top Bottom