Week 1 Other Games Thread

17-7 now. I thought Northwestern was supposed to be good? Some had them picked to win the West

Not over but not unusual for then to lose to teams that they were favored against.

WMU and Illinois State beat them in the first two games last year

They were fine early in 2015.

They lost to NIU in '14.

Oregon State outgained 515 to 389. Their defense has been terrible. They've given up over 500 yards of offense in both games.

NW always seems to struggle early on and lose a game they shouldn't.

Northwestern just had a drive that was looking pretty good but couldn't punch it in. FG and Nevada still leads 17-10.

NW always seems to struggle early on and lose a game they shouldn't.

That's why that 2013 season for them was such an anomaly. They start the season 4-0 in non conference, dominating teams and coming off a 10 win season. Then, their losses started piling up in the Big Ten season. Recently it's been the reverse of that, they've had kind of slow starts, like last year with Ill State and Western Michigan.

Is Thorson missing Austin Carr? Every NW game I watched that guy made clutch catches all over the field. Looks like a 90 catch WR last year.

How about Stony Brook up by 3 at half over #19 USF

Michigan just plowed in, taking the lead. I have a feeling they can win this one.

Northwestern finishes the drive this time, good pass play for a touchdown. All tied up. 17-17

Malik Zaire isn't even starting for Florida.

USC-Western Michigan ties 7-7 after 1.

Oregon State outgained 515 to 389. Their defense has been terrible. They've given up over 500 yards of offense in both games.

Hopefully the Gophers can exploit that rushing defense. I think Mn will need to score in the 30's to win.

USC down 14-7 to WMU. If there's a team that recently has trouble getting up for perceived weaker opponents its USC.

Love the intensity of this Michigan Florida game. These guys are playing extremely hard.

Have to hope Michigan gets the W. My SEC hate outweighs my Wolverine hate.

USC down 14-7 to WMU. If there's a team that recently has trouble getting up for perceived weaker opponents its USC.

But I'm sure there will be plenty on here who plaster Fleck saying it was not him who rose WMU to prominence and that he's a snake oil salesman and someone else was behind all their success as evidenced by their performance vs. USC with no Fleck.

But I'm sure there will be plenty on here who plaster Fleck saying it was not him who rose WMU to prominence and that he's a snake oil salesman and someone else was behind all their success as evidenced by their performance vs. USC with no Fleck.

You've seen "plenty" of posters on here that think Fleck didn't recruit well at WMU? Not that they are skeptical that he can recruit here? Guess there may have been some who did. Can't think of any, but maybe there are some that hide behind their dislike of his "style".

But people who think he couldn't even recruit at WMU? Really? That just sounds implausible. Can't even think of one.

Nevada won't go away, just made a field goal, 20-17 in the lead.

Michigan should be up by 30. Why is Florida's offense so bad year after year?

Nevada got hosed after recovering Jackson's fumble near the goal line. They said Jackson's forward progress was stopped, but he went backward on his own.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Nevada got hosed after recovering Jackson's fumble near the goal line. They said Jackson's forward progress was stopped, but he went backward on his own.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Yeah that looked fishy. Northwestern just gambled on 4th down and got it in the endzone. 23-20.

Michigan should be up by more. Have had trouble getting points lately, though.

Northwestern wins and Michigan is wrapping things up. Pretty good first week for the Big Ten.

Top Bottom