Vikings

I'm not a Vikings fan (I would like Penix to remain in Seattle) but it's hard to not follow the team somewhat living here. I was thinking this today. The Vikings had absolute garbage at the backup QB position and it came back to bite them. This isn't the coaches fault - it's the GM. If I'm the owner, I have a discussion about this.
Vikings have had a pretty tight cap situation. Probably trying to get by on the cheap at the backup QB and Cousins up to this year has been durable.

The problem with drafting a QB is the high bust percentage, or it takes a long time for a player to become good. Finding an NFL QB is tough. No way to know which way it will go.

1704711722498.png

Don't we have Vikings threads in the Pro Sports board?

You know, not the college football board?

Disagree. I'm sure fan line tonight was epic.
Hahaha -- the Vikings "whine line" after a loss is very predictable. I can imagine how much fun they have taking calls after a loss..............

The problem with drafting a QB is the high bust percentage, or it takes a long time for a player to become good. Finding an NFL QB is tough. No way to know which way it will go.

View attachment 29443
I hear that, but you really find a lot of busts regardless.

Last time we had a pick close to this high, it turned into Lewis Cine and Andrew Booth.

View attachment 29443
On the other hand you just never bother to take a chance on a QB ... wut? Wut then, you sit there with a so-so to poor player at the most important position in the game and thank your lucky stars you didn't have a draft bust?

Yay for no draft bust champions! Wooooo!

/S

I say roll the fucking dice.

I do think Mullens deserves to be separate from the other guys on that list. No he's not a long term answer but dude plays to win and does win... he's a capable backup you could put in and say "swing for the fences" and get some games out of him. if you've got some good WR's he can make some passes / is a threat.

Top Bottom