Vikings

I listen to KFAN every morning. I’m just not an overly sensitive Gopher fan.
Power trip and PA rarely ever talk Gophers except when TO or Consemius are in. I would agree they are not usually super negative about the Gophers but they just don't talk about the Gophers much.

PA is always positive about the Vikings and spends every show all year long talking Vikings. There's no equivalent for the Gophers (or any other team in town).

Barreiro loves to take cheap shots at the Gophers though.

Last edited:

Quarterback is so damn important. And for the better part of half a century, the QB philosophy for the Gophers and Vikings has been to shrug their shoulders and go, "Eh, we'll figure something out."
I think most teams HAVE to figure something out.

Total beat down. My concern going I. Was QB and CB. Deeper than that as GB game plan totally dissected the Queens D.

The Vikings get as much grief in this town as any when they perform poorly.
But the grief is short-lived and then laced with hope. Gophers play poorly or have a season like this one and "the foundations are crumbling" and the Gophers will be relegated to depending on GPAs to get into any bowl game.

I avoid listening to Allen. His whole show consists of giving the Vikings verbal fellatio whatever the outcome. He's the homer of all homers (and maybe that is in his job description). There's no objectivity there.

I'm not invested in the pros that much anymore. I'm a nominal Packer fan, largely because I am so old that my sports fandom precedes the arrival of the Twins and Vikings so I simply stuck with the teams I originally rooted for. I expected a much better game last night. Vikings just look to be totally out of starch.

Truly - Did anybody expect them to "Try" to win? KO'C knows exactly what he has - a QB mess and a couple drafts worth of talent missing. Surprised they have been this competitive.

It also helps to have an offensive line that isn’t Swiss cheese
The Vikings committed malpractice bringing Bradbury back this year. He might be the worst center in the history of professional football.

Truly - Did anybody expect them to "Try" to win? KO'C knows exactly what he has - a QB mess and a couple drafts worth of talent missing. Surprised they have been this competitive.
As I've watched both college and pro games this year, it is striking how absolutely crucial that QB play that is not merely competent is to a team. Again, being old, there's no room for the Bart Starr's and Trent Dilfer's anymore. You need more than a game manager to win.

Vikings probably were a playoff team with Cousins. Bengals a playoff team with Burrow. Rams absolutely stunk with Stafford on the sidelines. We've pretty much seen the same thing in the bowl games, with Miller Moss being the biggest exception.

Swapping out QBs seemed like trying a little.

I get to hear 'Packers fan line' every week at work and for the past 2 months all they could talk about is how to decapitate their defensive coordinator because he's so bad. Guess that guy gets a reprieve after last night. I've also got Chiefs fan friends who're ready to bench Mahomes after a month of mediocrity that isn't necessarily his fault. They must have forgotten about that Super Bowl win last February...

What are the Vikings supposed to do when they've lost QB1 halfway into the season? The beauty of the NFL is they get a reset after the season, like every team does.

I’m a homer but am amazed at the grace the Vikings get in this city/state.

If the Gophers performed like this, they’re held to a different standard.
You're lucky, imagine what it's like for us fans of both teams...

Pretty much a beatdown. Really though, once Cousins went down it was a gamble each game. Too bad Tanner did not get his shot. Might have been interesting for 5 minutes...

The Vikings get as much grief in this town as any when they perform poorly.
Not by the media they don't they are treated with homerism kid gloves. Vikings have not drafted well in last 2 drafts, Cine is a first round pick and he doesn't see the field inactive every game. Gophers will get roasted if one or two of there players as bad as a first round pick who can't even get on the field.

Last edited:

Not by the media they don't they are treated with homerism kid gloves. Vikings have not drafted well in last 2 drafts, Cine is a first round pick and he doesn't see the field inactive every game. Gophers will get roasted if one or two of there players as bad as a first round pick who can't even get on the field.
Yep… KFAN was only an example. Season ticket holders are dramatically different and dependent on success for the Gophs. CFB isn’t helping itself with the portal and NIL.

Top Bottom