***UNOFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT MICHIGAN STATE IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Michigan state is always a tough out especially at the Breslin center, but when their best 2 players play exceptionally well your not going to beat them. Curious how second meeting will go! Home game with big crowd, our adjustments that we make, better shooting, and better play all around hopefully. Our problem hasnt been playing them well at the barn it's been holding on that has been tough against them. Weve squandered some leads late against them.

Michigan state is always a tough out especially at the Breslin center, but when their best 2 players play exceptionally well your not going to beat them. Curious how second meeting will go! Home game with big crowd, our adjustments that we make, better shooting, and better play all around hopefully. Our problem hasnt been playing them well at the barn it's been holding on that has been tough against them. Weve squandered some leads late against them.
Seems like the last 2 weeks have been filled with everybody agreeing how hard it's going to be to win a road game in the Big 10 this season. Spartens had 2 of their great players show up and play great. Gophers had just 1 of their great players do what he normally does. As has been mentioned, offensive rebounds, misses on several wide-open looks from 3 and that 4th foul on Carr seemed to be the major difference in this game. And even with all that, Minnesota was one good run from being right in the game most of the way.

Thought we would play better defense, especially rebounding because you have not stopped them until you secured the rebound.

One is 6-7 and one is 5-11. Maybe that has something to do with it? You can bet your ass that if Winston was 3 inches taller, he would have been a sure first-round pick and gone.
I understand why. I'm simply stating that those choices greatly impacted the potential of each team.

Thought we would play better defense, especially rebounding because you have not stopped them until you secured the rebound.
To me, it just felt like they kept us moving on defense in the second half to the point where our fundamentals on blocking them out got bad. We were chasing. A lot of credit there to Winston who carries the ball often but is amazing at breaking the defense down.
In the first half, it felt to me like we outplayed them, we just missed a lot of open shots.

Bottom line - for the Gophers to beat a good team, they need production out of Carr, Oturu and Kalscheur. they need the role players to contribute something. And they need to stay out of foul trouble.

When that doesn't happen, the Gophers are not going to beat a good team. They can get by a bottom-feeder without everything clicking, but that isn't good enough against better opposition.

You are right! Wasnt that the game morris had a chance to ice in regulation and he missed free throw, but somehow we won in overtime?

Correct. And Pitino jokingly told Morris in the locker room postgame to "quit shaving points"

Top Bottom