***UNOFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT MICHIGAN STATE IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

So far we've hit all the major check boxes

- Obligatory non-forced Hurt turnover.
- Oturu limping off the court.
- Bad refs.
Have we had a Pitino overreaction?

Game was never in doubt. Would have been nice if Kalscheur and Omersa had taken the team bus to Breslin. Three bench points. Woohoo.

Game was never in doubt. Would have been nice if Kalscheur and Omersa had taken the team bus to Breslin. Three bench points. Woohoo.
Agreed. Kalscheur threw up some major bricks tonight. Surprised we're only down 12.

Demir buster a move. DD as an announcer makes my ears hurt.

No shame in losing at Michigan State. Winston is really good. The fourth fall on Carr took away any realistic chance of winning this game.

At least it was a better performance than last year hung in with no offense and ran outta gas at the end

Honestly happy Winston hit a few threes late. The game has been tight besides his shooting and the opening 2 minutes where the refs spotted 4 points and took out Carr. At least Winston did something to earn it. If he didn’t I’d be upset at the refs and missed opportunities.

Perfect way to end it...with an air ball.

Dakich just gave the impression, for 2 hours, that MSU might be one of the best teams in NCAA history. Goodness. SMH

Gotta win 2 of the next 3 to keep a reasonable pace. 3 of the next 3 would be huge.

About what we all expected out of this game. On to the next one... really need to beat Michigan at home if we want to realistically make the tourney.

Dakich just gave the impression, for 2 hours, that MSU might be one of the best teams in NCAA history. Goodness. SMH

I liked his last Rediculous comments... Michigan State is a team that's not in it for itself they play for one another. Implying Minnesota is full of egos and selfish players or whatever he was trying to get across.

19 Michigan State offensive rebounds, 22 Minnesota defensive rebounds. We barely have any advantage rebounding off of Michigan State missed shots at all.

Is that an effort issue, a coaching issue, or both? No way it can be a talent issue. I know there was some foul trouble early but with no guards or centers ending up with more than 3 fouls that's not a good excuse.

Unless they move the Big 10 tournament and March Madness to the Barn I don't see how the Gophers can do much this season.

I liked his last Rediculous comments... Michigan State is a team that's not in it for itself they play for one another. Implying Minnesota is full of egos and selfish players or whatever he was trying to get across.

Agreed.

Or how about by lifting your chin up high, it raises your body and makes you more powerful

Team looked slow and lethargic tonight. Wish TW could score more.

Let’s not get discouraged here. We hung around despite playing real poorly. Better to play MSU on the road first. Scouting report and home crowd in our favor later this year. Purdue was a back breaker, this was a long shot.

The good: Demir has become something for defenses to consider. Hope his 3 ball improves though. Oturu knows how to establish himself and will get his.
The bad: defenses are obviously keyed in on Kalschuer, and he is not hitting the few clean looks he’s offered. I also never want to see that many offensive rebounds again.
Other thoughts: Really happy with TW. He looks more confident with the ball and he’s caught up to the speed of college ball. He can catch and shoot and the stage is not too big.

19 Michigan State offensive rebounds, 22 Minnesota defensive rebounds. We barely have any advantage rebounding off of Michigan State missed shots at all.

Is that an effort issue, a coaching issue, or both? No way it can be a talent issue. I know there was some foul trouble early but with no guards or centers ending up with more than 3 fouls that's not a good excuse.

Unless they move the Big 10 tournament and March Madness to the Barn I don't see how the Gophers can do much this season.

Lack of size, physical ability and hands. Omersa was wearing lead shoes tonight and lacks good hands; Demir is not athletic enough to contest 50-50 rebounds; Willis is too short.

Carr is going to be either really good or really bad, and its going to change each game. His style of constant dribbling and looking off his teammates will work in some games. But in other games, against quality opponents, hes going to look bad in most of those games.

He has the talent, but he has to learn when to attack and when to distribute.

Didn't expect a win tonight, but hoped for a better effort than what we saw especially in the second half. The next few games are going to be huge for the direction of the season and where the program heads after the season.

We got manhandled on the boards, shot poorly, got in foul trouble and Winston did whatever he wanted in the last 10 minutes. He was amazing. Any game our guards play well, we can win. MSU is good.

Is that an effort issue, a coaching issue, or both? No way it can be a talent issue.

Are you watching some other team? Of course there is a talent issue with this team. Also a size issue. Don't get me wrong. I'm not dismissing the coaching issue or even the effort issue.

Top Bottom