Unofficial Game Thread

Weber will never survive the Big Ten season unless they refuse to pull him. He has happy feet and can't pull the trigger. Its pretty obvious that he is not there mentally. Put Alipate in and see what he can do.

Has the D even blitzed once?? Its the stupid gutless D that I was complaining about earlier. You can't have 4 DL just standing there trying to read the QB. By the time they read it, the QB has the ball out of his hands.

Running game: solid. Nice to see runs for distance from several players.

O-Line: HORRENDOUS pass-protection

D: HORRENDOUS tackling.

(note the use of 'horrendous' to offset 'tremendous')

Weber will never survive the Big Ten season unless they refuse to pull him. He has happy feet and can't pull the trigger. Its pretty obvious that he is not there mentally. Put Alipate in and see what he can do.

It's incomprehensible to me that Weber can continue to be this utterly inept.

Gray needs to start in the second half and for the rest of the year. What could possibly be the point in playing Weber anymore?

Gray needs to start in the second half and for the rest of the year. What could possibly be the point in playing Weber anymore?

None. There is no point in playing Weber unless Brewster wants his ticket out of Minnesota on a FIRED platter.

Some insane loyalty to a player that hasn't gotten it done in 3 years.

Has the D even blitzed once?? Its the stupid gutless D that I was complaining about earlier. You can't have 4 DL just standing there trying to read the QB. By the time they read it, the QB has the ball out of his hands.

A couple times.

They're just out of control right now. People aren't in position and are running into each other. Calm the bleep down guys. Spacing...position...forcing...wrapping up. This isn't an orgy.

A couple times.

They're just out of control right now. People aren't in position and are running into each other. Calm the bleep down guys. Spacing...position...forcing...wrapping up. This isn't an orgy.

No, they're getting outcoached and totally embarrassed by MIDDLE TENNESSEE STATE. What happens when they play a team like INDIANA or NORTHWESTERN, much less say Ohio State. A loss by 70 this year wouldn't be very surprising. Even if they happen to somehow miraculously pull out a win in this second half, they won't win 3 more the rest of the way, at least not unless Weber doesn't play another down this season.

When a team is in the gun, it is very difficult to get to him. The spread offense is designed to punish teams who try to blitz because the defense has to cover the entire field. There is a dump or a quick checkdown built into every play. I am a big fan of the spread for these reasons. It makes things very difficult on the defense.

If you are going to blitz, you need to be very sound in man coverage. I said earlier that our DBs should be able to cover in man, but I am questioning that right now. Unfortunately, the spread will shred a soft zone. The DBs need to step up. Those were fantastic throws into tight windows, which means the DBs were close but not quite there. We now know that Kilgore can make the throws, so they better do a better job of covering.

And, ball control on offense doesn't mean a thing unless you score. Come on, Ellestad!

No, they're getting outcoached and totally embarrassed by MIDDLE TENNESSEE STATE. What happens when they play a team like INDIANA or NORTHWESTERN, much less say Ohio State. A loss by 70 this year wouldn't be very surprising. Even if they happen to somehow miraculously pull out a win in this second half, they won't win 3 more the rest of the way, at least not unless Weber doesn't play another down this season.

First half of the first game. I beg of you to not turn this into a coaching discussion right now. MTSU outplayed us in the 2nd quarter. Let's finish the game before we say the team got outcoached. If they don't adjust, I will agree with you.

Although, maybe he told Ellestad to miss the kicks. If that is the case, it is just bad coaching.

Gray should have been put in in the second half of the Illinois game last year and never looked back. By this time, he'd be better than Weber and able to scramble if needed (now watch Weber get 4 TD passes in the second half and trash my statement!).

First half of the first game. I beg of you to not turn this into a coaching discussion right now. MTSU outplayed us in the 2nd quarter. Let's finish the game before we say the team got outcoached. If they don't adjust, I will agree with you.

Although, maybe he told Ellestad to miss the kicks. If that is the case, it is just bad coaching.

IF BREW DOESN'T MAKE ADJUSTMENTS, HE WILL, AND DESERVES TO BE GONE! Mason didn't know how to do this and Brew in his 3 years hasn't shown me much of anything either! LAME!

C'mon O-fense!

While the run game does look improved (how couldn't it) the passing game is picking up where it left off last year. Please please please show me something in the second half A-Web! I really thought he'd be solid this year. Not so much so far.

Bennet - keep your head up;
A-Web - sling a strong pass (the lob to the wide open McKnight should have been a bullet);
O-line - keep up the run blocking and figure out how to create a pocket in pass blocking;
O playcalling - how about a screen or option -- something to nuetralize the blitzes;
D-line - need some pressure

Overall everyone needs to tighten it up and take care of business. BTW - Kirkwood is already our best back.

Weber or the O-Line

I agree how bad Weber is looking. Have to admit, though,his one completion had a very nice touch to it. Makes me think it is more poor execution of the O-Line at fault. Olson got beat sooooooo bad on the one sack.

Man that was a brutal 2nd qtr. Im impressed with the running game but it comes against a tiny defense. Stoudemire had some nice kick returns. Now for the negative, our D looks totally lost, they cant tackle, cant cover, cant pressure the QB, man I knew losing all those starters would hurt but that was just pathetic. Get it together in the 2nd half.

I have a bad feeling. Webber makes me very nervous. the defense will improve, they're very young. But Webber is a seasoned vet and he is all over the place. I don't know what to think about Adam, I'm leaning towards a change needs to happen before this season is lost. MG could get 6 quarters against beatable teams to get ready for the rest of the season. As a captain, Webber could show an incredible act of Teamism by accepting a lesser role.

I agree how bad Weber is looking. Have to admit, though,his one completion had a very nice touch to it. Makes me think it is more poor execution of the O-Line at fault. Olson got beat sooooooo bad on the one sack.

He had more than one completion, but you're right, only one completion of the four was actually a good pass. The throw to McKnight deep was a duck (though admittedly it could have been much worse), and McKnight made a great adjustment.

I really would like for Weber to be successful but come on....you wouldn't accept his decisions from a junior high quarterback.

Being able to run that dominate but yet not control the game and scoreboard seems pretty hard to do but Brewster is accomplishing it. Seems impossible.

WE just look so unprofessional....inept...disorganized...stupid. Very sad.

LOL.

Say what you will about Collada. The kid can tackle!! Always could

Anybody ready for Brewster's canned post-game speech about "playing their guts out" yet?

The bad news: #51 looked like a JV player trying to make that tackle.
The good news: After that play, where we still had a player in position to make a tackle 1v1, they were shut down. Good adjustments on the first series.

It looks like they are playing man and sending guys from different areas. We are rolling a safety over to the WR and sending the CB on a blitz. Maybe they saw that sending LBs opened up holes across the middle for crossing routes, so they are bringing pressure from somewhere else. Whatever it was, it worked on the first series. Let's hope it continues to work.

Top Bottom