UH OH!

I hate to feed this anymore, But

there are reports coming out of VA that OTS is on the plane.
Is Flip the #1 candidate or who else is going to be considered?

I remember watching Mich fans get obsessed with Flight Aware during the Rich Rod mess. Does this level of neurosis on our part mean we've hit the big time? :confused:

I remember watching Mich fans get obsessed with Flight Aware during the Rich Rod mess. Does this level of neurosis on our part mean we've hit the big time? :confused:

Guess I can't laugh at the Kentucky fans anymore ;(

Just out of curiosity, what is the source of these reports? Internet message boards, reporters, etc.?

am I the only one ?

Am I the only one who finds this airplane stalking demented?

The flight isn;t even scheduled to leave the twin Cities for 20 minutes....so unless they have s source sitting at Holman field, I take that too seriously....yet

I just got an E-Mail that would indicate otherwise. You would think the AD would know if another school had asked to talk to OTS. Believe whatever you like.

posted this in another thread but I would really like to have tubby back, he is a great coach..but i am looking at this with a glass half full (some prolly will say overflowing) but looking at this with a positive view we are in good situation, one of the best a team losing his coach could ask for. We have a potential just as good or better coach in Flip waiting his turn who would stay at Mn for a long long time. Our Big time recruits have minnesota ties and prolly wont follow tubby all the way to Virginia or whatever esecially if we get flip..trevor could be different but whatever..So our new coach (hopefully flip) comes in with a top ten class, o well...and on the other side tubby stays and is just using this to get a new practice facility...win win baby and if brewster leaves.... come on home dungy!!!...i challenge someone to make a more optimistic post then that

posted this in another thread but I would really like to have tubby back, he is a great coach..but i am looking at this with a glass half full (some prolly will say overflowing) but looking at this with a positive view we are in good situation, one of the best a team losing his coach could ask for. We have a potential just as good or better coach in Flip waiting his turn who would stay at Mn for a long long time. Our Big time recruits have minnesota ties and prolly wont follow tubby all the way to Virginia or whatever esecially if we get flip..trevor could be different but whatever..So our new coach (hopefully flip) comes in with a top ten class, o well...and on the other side tubby stays and is just using this to get a new practice facility...win win baby and if brewster leaves.... come on home dungy!!!...i challenge someone to make a more optimistic post then that

Minnesota is a quality basketball program.

I third that - it's weird
I actually think it's incredible how far technology has come in such a short time.

If anything, it provides another level of entertainment trying to discern what is going on...kind of like cutting edge reporting, except if it's actually true, I expect the "real" reporters to catch wind of it a number of hours from now.

someone in the area really needs to go check out what is going on at the airport and then report back.

Not for long, it appears.

I love Tubby like the next person but be realistic - we didn't exactly win the Big Ten this year. We finished what 7th and were knocked out first round of the tourney.

If Tubby has done anything he's made this attractive for another big name quality coach to step in and succeed. I hope you don't think that Tubby is the only person who can succeed here - I certainly don't.

I just got an E-Mail that would indicate otherwise. You would think the AD would know if another school had asked to talk to OTS. Believe whatever you like.

I don't know. Wouldn't Tubby prefer to sneak out of the Twin Cities before making an sort of an announcement?

I don't know. Wouldn't Tubby prefer to sneak out of the Twin Cities before making an sort of an announcement?

The AD would HAVE to know whether UVa asked to speak to him. He's under contract to The U. Anybody else must ask permission first.

You may believe whatever you want.

I love Tubby like the next person but be realistic - we didn't exactly win the Big Ten this year. We finished what 7th and were knocked out first round of the tourney.

This year. We were going to be great next year.

I hope you don't think that Tubby is the only person who can succeed here - I certainly don't.

It's that easy?

I actually think it's incredible how far technology has come in such a short time.

If anything, it provides another level of entertainment trying to discern what is going on...kind of like cutting edge reporting, except if it's actually true, I expect the "real" reporters to catch wind of it a number of hours from now.

I don't disagree that it's amazing what you can figure out using the internet, but its still stalkerish. :) I know that the odds are pointing to a VA booster on board but basically all we've got here is more unfounded speculation based on not enough info. I think its kinda funny watching everyone freak out like this when we still know basically the same things we did an hour ago before the Wahoo Invasion warnings came out via FlightAware.

If Tubby is gone he's gone. I'm going to keep checking the Hole incessantly b/c I want to know what happens...but I'm not going to get so worked up over it because there is literally nothing any of us can do about it. If he stays, awesome. If he goes, we move on, possibly to a "Minnesota Man" in Flip.

This year. We were going to be great next year.

It's that easy?

It is if you make another good hire. Tough thing is you don't know if its a good hire until a few years in.

If Tubby is gone he's gone. I'm going to keep checking the Hole incessantly b/c I want to know what happens...but I'm not going to get so worked up over it because there is literally nothing any of us can do about it. If he stays, awesome. If he goes, we move on, possibly to a "Minnesota Man" in Flip.

Yep if Tubby goes - I want the next hire to be our version of Izzo. I want someone who the nation equates with Minnesota and Gopher Basketball. Personally - I think that person is Flip.

Top Bottom