Tubby will be fired this morning...

Well, if it really bothers him, he should have thrown the game in East Lansing and either stayed away from Tyus or pushed him to be a difference maker at home.

Izzo was bothered when Monson was fired, too. Heck, we all love Tubby. The question is should he continue in his position. We can't let Tom Izzo shame us for doing what's best for the program.

Agreed...unfortunately this is the way it is working lately. To many people to willing to leak info before everything tended to appropriately.

Twitter has made it impossible for an organization to do their due diligence in getting everything properly set up without allowing someone who would be willing to leak information know. Way too easy to text or tweet some info for something of this magnitude to not get out.

Not to mention, none of us know for sure that Tubby hadn't already been notified.

Izzo was bothered when Monson was fired, too. Heck, we all love Tubby. The question is should he continue in his position. We can't let Tom Izzo shame us for doing what's best for the program.

Who cares what Izzo thinks about the Gopher program?

I love this AD - deciveness - get it done - Flip or whoever - Thank you Tubby for getting the program to integrity - but its time for someone to recruit and bring it to a challenging a bigTen team... and I don't believe what some posters believe - that we cant win here ! We can and we will!!!

Agreed. I think Izzo is sad from a personal perspective, not a basketball one. Izzo and Tubby were friends back to when Tubby was at UK. Of course he is sad for his friend.

From a basketball standpoint, it means nothing.

It's in Izzo's best interest to keep us down.

Nadine Babu ‏@NadineBabu 40s

#Gophers RT @DanBarreiroKFAN: If there is indeed already a verbal agreement -- I can't confirm -- it is NOT with Flip.

JayBilas Jay Bilas
Tubby Smith fired and bought out at Minnesota. Wow. Just, wow. Clearly, these schools have PLENTY of money laying around.

JimmyDykesLive Jimmy Dykes
. RT @GoodmanCBS: Tubby out at Minny after 6 years. Remember, same AD who hired Shaka from nowhere: http://t.co/qZvhm6se47"

"Hey ... There's a gopher in the woodpile!" - My wife about 10-seconds ago.

The Gopher's AD is named Woody!

Its an omen!

We've got a Woody for you Flip ...or Shaka.

Agreed. I think Izzo is sad from a personal perspective, not a basketball one. Izzo and Tubby were friends back to when Tubby was at UK. Of course he is sad for his friend.

From a basketball standpoint, it means nothing.

If I were Izzo I'd want Tubby to stay forever!!

So far, it looks like one person reporting that someone said something and everyone else reporting that someone reported someone saying something.

So if Tubby desn't know,how would Izzo know that he's all choked up ?

Don’t know, but maybe a reporter asked him a question like “Word out of Minnesota is that Tubby Smith has been fired. Any reaction?”

So if Tubby desn't know,how would Izzo know that he's all choked up ?

I think that was the reporter saying Izzo choked up hearing that Tubby was fired. No coach ever wants to see another coach lose his job, especially ones with which you have a relationship.

Good.

If Tubby is indeed gone, Woody better have the replacement deal signed, sealed, and delivered.

I said this yesterday. If a change was going to be made the powers that be already had the new coach lined up. Firing a HOF coach is ballsy as someone else pointed out. Hire cannot be just a home run type of hire it needs to be a grand slam. Flip would be a home run and Shaka would be the grand slam.

I said this yesterday. If a change was going to be made the powers that be already had the new coach lined up. Firing a HOF coach is ballsy as someone else pointed out. Hire cannot be just a home run type of hire it needs to be a grand slam. Flip would be a home run and Shaka would be the grand slam.

It's a delicate situation. It reminds me of John Elway trying to get rid of Tim Tebow. Getting Peyton Manning was about the only way to do it without 75% of the fanbase screaming bloody murder. Hopefuly Norwood has a little Elway in him.

Our 6th Grade Gopher Fan broke down and left the room after the Florida game. After a while, he came back and told us that it was because he felt bad for Tubby.

It's a delicate situation. It reminds me of John Elway trying to get rid of Tim Tebow. Getting Peyton Manning was about the only way to do it without 75% of the fanbase screaming bloody murder. Hopefuly Norwood has a little Elway in him.

Agree with you on the hiring, not on the firing. Fans here will scrutinize the new hire for sure. Even people that have little or knowledge of the new coach's background will weigh in on it. There won't be much outcry though on the firing. The fan base there loved Tebow. The fan base here, for a lot of reasons, wanted Tubby gone.

Wow check this out

http://twitter.com/MrSuperSmitty

Also interesting is that Al Nolen is retweeting all this.

Wow. Someone started a thread a couple weeks ago saying how the players hated Tubby. A lot of people dismissed it, but it seems the OP was right on. It is clear that Al hates Tubby and he is not the only one. There might have been more than the win/loss record that went into the decision to fire Tubby.

Top Bottom