Tubby will be fired this morning...

Strangely quiet from the mainstream scribes.....

tells me they are all working furiously to be the first to tweet this news when confirmed.

Is there any chance the deal with Flip was consummated a month and a half ago, thus the increased exposure since then?

Several friends that coach in town have said flip is the guy...so I agree with your take

Maybe we're adding Shaka Smart as Head Coach and David Kahn as special adviser to form the unbeatable tandem - and rhythm - of Shaka Kahn.

Just wanted to say thanks to the OP of this thread for sharing their info. Lots of haters on this board.

If you all want sources from your news, maybe you should just stick to reading the newspaper.

All most of us are asking is a little more on the source, you don't have to reveal your source, but just throwing things out there can get you burned too.

You bettter REALLY trust your source if you start a post like this, because if he doesn't get fired....well good luck ever being trusted again.

Be certain to hug a Parski and a Johnnyboy today if the rumor is true!!!

I thought there was no way Tubby is gone and to talk about it was STUPID!!!! :clap:

Maybe we're adding Shaka Smart as Head Coach and David Kahn as special adviser to form the unbeatable tandem - and rhythm - of Shaka Kahn.

:clap: Well played sir. This made me snort Mountain Dew out my nose.

Several friends that coach in town have said flip is the guy...so I agree with your take

Well let's see. Izzo and Flip watched Tyus together. My thoughts? Izzo is our new head coach with Flip as his top assistant. MSU just isnt challenging enough anymore and he is tired of his players bickering.

Excellent Post. Wow. Who knew it only took a rumored firing for the comedians to be in top form lol

I have bee hearing from friends (in the coachng business) that this would happen, but didn't think it could.
Now I am hopeful!!!

All most of us are asking is a little more on the source, you don't have to reveal your source, but just throwing things out there can get you burned too.

You bettter REALLY trust your source if you start a post like this, because if he doesn't get fired....well good luck ever being trusted again.

How many in an annonymous communication system care about being trusted again? It is the soft underbelly of this kind of forum.

I'm still thinking it's about 50-50 Flip or Shaka.

If it is Flip, surely they he would have been involved in discussions about taking over prior to this weekend, no? And if so, why would Flip have been involved in setting up Izzo's travel plans to fly back on Saturday to watch Apple Valley in the title game?

I may be missing something, but hiring Flip right away doesn't really compute to me.

Would the U of Mbe able to lure Shaka when Ill & NCState couldn't. Do we have that much cash?

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Bill Carmody and Norwood Teague together at a 31 Flavors last night. I guess the conversation was pretty serious.

Thank you to Ozzy and GL for being bosses on the reporting front.

Thank you to Tubby for leading the program the last 6 years, best of luck in the future.

Long live the new coach.

IF TRUE...Teague needs a solid hire and needs to resist the splash mentality. He needs someone who is going to commit to the long haul. One of the very tiring things about both Tubby and back to Mason is the openness to going elsewhere.

Actually I do think Flip would be a great hire myself...

Most of the years Tubby has been here I do not hold against him. He had to deal with to many key injuries and defections. This last year, however, Tubby seemed not fully there...whether that is due to the struggle for a practice facility, or if as Doogies said, his wife hates it in MN, no idea.

If the cbssportsline article is true, I guess it is...

I like them throwing Buzz out there...he would be an awesome pick, which some on here poo-pooed me about when I mentioned it awhile ago.

Darren Wolfson ‏@DarrenWolfson Zero reason to doubt the report because of Goodman's relationship w/ Teague, but per Tubby's agent, Ricky Lefft, Tubby hasn't been told yet.

Buzz would be a good hire, and I love how his teams play. Hard nosed, tough, would fit the B10 well. Would also be happy with either Flip or Shaka too. Getting 1 of those 3 would be a serious coup.

IF TRUE...Teague needs a solid hire and needs to resist the splash mentality. He needs someone who is going to commit to the long haul. One of the very tiring things about both Tubby and back to Mason is the openness to going elsewhere.

Actually I do think Flip would be a great hire myself...

Most of the years Tubby has been here I do not hold against him. He had to deal with to many key injuries and defections. This last year, however, Tubby seemed not fully there...whether that is due to the struggle for a practice facility, or if as Doogies said, his wife hates it in MN, no idea.

Agree on all counts. This move says loud and clear- we aren't happy with getting to the NCAAs 3 times in 6 years and we aren't happy with not not finishing over .500 in the BT. We have bigger goals and we are not afraid to pursue them.

I like it.

Top Bottom