This is Lunacy

Denver_Gopher

Reaction score
Somehow, some way and someone has to right the ship of college football. Transfer portal has little to no rules, NIL is a joke, players commit/de-commit, and realignment. The B1G 10, a midwest conference is shore to shore and border to border. The NCAA is basically silent. Any wonder why PJ doesn't seem like himself. Uffda!!

I feel bad for Fleck because no matter what, unless we have a turnaround and this year was a one off, or we become a powerhouse, or he goes to a bigger school and dominates, we'll never know how much his capabilities are self limited or limited by the college football environment. We all have opinions and observations, but we'll never truly know as long as this unregulated carousel is allowed to continue. In think we're doomed to obscurity if it does, no matter who the coach is. I'd love to be wrong, too.

I feel bad for Fleck because no matter what, unless we have a turnaround and this year was a one off, or we become a powerhouse, or he goes to a bigger school and dominates, we'll never know how much his capabilities are self limited or limited by the college football environment. We all have opinions and observations, but we'll never truly know as long as this unregulated carousel is allowed to continue. In think we're doomed to obscurity if it does, no matter who the coach is. I'd love to be wrong, too.
I agree ... the day of a good young coach developing players that will ball out when they are juniors and seniors is over. As soon as they get good they are going in the portal because they will follow the NIL money.

These kids have no integrity. I don’t care if they are just kids. There’s no other way to put it. This system is teaching them that there commitment means nothing.
This is the system they are working, not the one that taught them.

Wait til the overall grad rate for college athletes hits < 20%. Then you might hear people make accusations of institutes failing the student/athlete.

Oh, for God sake, his checks will still cash. We are in the Big Ten other than the SEC all other teams would like to join the Big Ten.

These kids have no integrity. I don’t care if they are just kids. There’s no other way to put it. This system is teaching them that there commitment means nothing.
This is a societal issue. We have a corporate culture where both the boss and the worker have no loyalty to the greater good.

Why would it surprise you that young people would be any different than their mentors?

11-2 season and undefeated in bowl games isn’t getting it done?
Had an opportunity to win the Big West, College Game Day, a potential trip to the Rose Bowl. There was a window of opportunity and they didn't get it done. Then, promised the program would never go back down. 2023 was definitely a step down and the program appears to be headed into a ton of unknowns with the new Big Ten.

Had an opportunity to win the Big West, College Game Day, a potential trip to the Rose Bowl. There was a window of opportunity and they didn't get it done. Then, promised the program would never go back down. 2023 was definitely a step down and the program appears to be headed into a ton of unknowns with the new Big Ten.
He literally promised on day one there would be up sand downs along the way. Saying he promised we would never have a down year is complete BS

You're full of it man.

People thrive when they have boundaries and know where they are. Right now, the sport has no boundaries, and has no grown-ups in the room willing to set any
It has no grown ups in the room that CAN do anything about it.

If people keep on watching this is what it will be, if not worse. The problem is if even it does destroy college sports there won’t be any way to go and back and put the genie back in the bottle.

I realize college coaches make a lot of money (especially in the revenue sports), but there wouldn’t be enough money to make me want to coach in this new environment, especially at a mid- to lower-tier school. It feels absolutely hopeless.
The NFL is the best sports product in the world. Plain and simple.

Because they have it exactly figured out: parity = fairness = fair, even access to talent = success.

College football is exactly opposite

I don't mind inequity just not equal opportunity...that in truth has really never existed under the NCAA...but it appeared to be there for about 50 years so I believed.

It gone.

Kind of like the Little Train That Could story. Many of those stories in the modern era of football when at least all the teams were on the same track. Now we have at least two tracks, probably more. Hard to reconcile the gap without emotions popping in.

Top Bottom