-The ***OFFICIAL*** Minnesota Vs. Nebraska (GAME THREAD)-

thailleagle

Reaction score
I haven't made a game thread all season but seeing as Omaha, NE is my hometown I felt it only right to make this thread... :cool:

Here's hoping to an upset... Minnesota 24, Nebraska 23... Go Gophers...
youngsabu.png

We can't have any turnovers or stupid penalties. We can't be intimidated.

Let's get after it!!!!!

Gopher Women's Volleyball upset #9 Nebraska last night in 5 games to get the weekend started. Wrestling team dominated Nebraska last night as well. Good start for us.

I think if we either score a defensive/Special Teams TD, commit zero turnovers, get the offense in gear and score some TD's and limit big plays on D, we can win the game. Any one of those things does not happen, we will lose. IMO. Kind of a long list, I know. :(

Everyone in Lincoln is glad they aren't facing Gray and a running QB. I haven't watched a lot of their games, but all their fans say Pelini can't stop them.

Everyone in Lincoln is glad they aren't facing Gray and a running QB. I haven't watched a lot of their games, but all their fans say Pelini can't stop them.

Well, our Freshman Pup can be a running QB, along with sprint outs to receivers. I am by far an expert, but the key is gonna be our D, then Nelson can dazzle the Big Red Zoo at Husker Stadium.

Freuchte is gonna be a key.

I re-watched Nebraska/Northwestern, Nebraska/Wisconsin & Nebraska/OSU last night...

Wow that team is fast...

My biggest fears is Taylor Martinez having a field day against us with his feet. We pressured Gardner a lot & he's a lot slower then Martinez & he was still able to avoid pocket collapses & the rush a lot that day. Nebraska's ground game is extremely good... it's going to be very difficult to slow down let alone stop...

I think if we can slow the running game down & force them to throw we'll at least have a chance to make it interesting. They were destroyed on the deep ball time & time again this season but we don't have a deep threat right now & they have a very good run Defense so this is really a mis-match game all in Nebraska's favor...

I'm worried... I just want us to keep it interesting but I could easily see this game being blown open before halftime. We have to come out, stop the run, sustain long drives & keep the crowd out of the game in the first half. If we can make it to halftime only down less then 10 then I think we have a shot at catching them sleeping in the 2nd Half & possibly... just possibly... upsetting them...

But man Nebraska is solid on both sides of the ball...

Is this the "Official Pre-game" thread or the "Official" thread or the "Official In-game" thread. Are we going yo have an "Official Post-game" thread??

Is this the "Official Pre-game" thread or the "Official" thread or the "Official In-game" thread. Are we going yo have an "Official Post-game" thread??

Hopefully we will have a "Never hear from Parski1 again" Thread. :banghead:

You forgot "Half Time Thread".

Already reacting strongly to sarcasm. You must have started early today Dr. Don...

sparlimb, how can one start early when one never quits?

That is the beauty of a 24/7 drinker...never a hangover. :drink: :cool02:

Weather in Lincoln

61 and sunny.....winds south 21 mph

Hope we're wearing our white/gold today

Looks like we might be missing the first part of the game unless this Indiana game speeds through the last 11 minutes.

If it's a little windy then maybe Kill is planning on using Gray in the way Michigan used Denard today...

It'd be nice to add some spontaneousness to our Offense...
leon.png

Well, if it is windy, we can always chant:

The Wind Blew.
The $hit Flew.
We ain't seen Souhan.
In a week or Two.

Crap. Just heard on the pregame from Gaard that Roland Johnson tore his ACL at practice on Tuesday and is done for the year. Hope he can recover, he was playing well. Going to need him next year, especially if Hageman bolts.

Crap. Just heard on the pregame from Gaard that Roland Johnson tore his ACL at practice on Tuesday and is done for the year. Hope he can recover, he was playing well. Going to need him next year, especially if Hageman bolts.

Relax, Hageman ain't gonna bolt.

Do you write your own material?

Why do you ask? Do you want to meet me at Mable Murphy's in Fergus Falls and talk business? You bring freshtrout with you, I will bring Parski1 with me.

Nebraska is weak against the run & very good against the pass...

Assuming we don't just keep running it up the middle we could have the advantage here...

the key word in that whole article is..."likely". I don't blame him for checking into it.

Top Bottom