Taison Chatman coming home?

I was referring to thickness.

Check the video of Asuma playing against Perich. Asuma is jacked!

20 lbs heavier than Chatman.

How is he bigger?

Chatman is listed at 6’4” and Ike 6’2” per their 247 profiles. I’m here to learn 🤓

I was referring to thickness.

Check the video of Asuma playing against Perich. Asuma is jacked!

20 lbs heavier than Chatman.
That thickness has nothing on the thickness of the orb sitting on my shoulders🥸

Not really 🤣

Amazing, you’d say that as he had a Kansas offer and was the 33rd ranked prospect (7th ranked CG); Buckeyes have tons of players his skill level on their roster. I’d certainly take a chance on him, if he’s not a me me guy, egocentric, know-it-alls are the adult version.

Whilst Betts wasn’t naturally ranked by 24/7 and came here as a 17 year old HS senior and was always a project.

You appear to have myopic vision, so I’ll super size it for you.

View attachment 30223
No, you just missed my point entirely.
Betts reclassifies, then redshirts then sees zero time on the court.
Chatman goes to the Buckeye as a highly recruited player and sees the same amount of time. ZERO

Would that be apple to apples or no? Zero time to zero time seems the same to me

When the brackets come out, we’ll have to have a ban bet on when your Hayseeds fold in The Madness, Dorothy. Or is this Toto?
GEEZ, I don't know, remind me again, how many National titles have the Gophers won?

Actually I think they have as many NCAA bids in the past 20 years as Kansas has national titles.

Nice try though.

No, you just missed my point entirely.
Betts reclassifies, then redshirts then sees zero time on the court.
Chatman goes to the Buckeye as a highly recruited player and see the same amount of time. ZERO
👍. I assumed we were on the same path as last time - I didn’t realize the subject matter had charged.

Patience is an undervalued asset, especially with young men, it certainly was for me.

Last edited:

GEEZ, I don't know, remind me again, how many National titles have the Gophers won?
Several in my nerf bucket tourneys when I was youngster.
Actually I think they have as many NCAA bids in the past 20 years as Kansas has national titles.

Nice try though.
So you’re passing on a bet for your Hawks?

I’m not saying they have to win it all; I’m thinking more along the lines of them not making the elite 8. They’re ranked 9 now, so tgat seems like an equitable wager.

Several in my nerf bucket tourneys when I was youngster.

So you’re passing on a bet for your Hawks?

I’m not saying they have to win it all; I’m thinking more along the lines of them not making the elite 8. They’re ranked 9 now, so tgat seems like an equitable wager.
Depending on their draw, I'm not sure they get to the 2nd weekend this year. So long as their starters are all healthy going into the tourney the sweet 16 is gettable, the elite 8 I don't think so this year.
Interesting watching/comparing Furphy and Christie.

Depending on their draw, I'm not sure they get to the 2nd weekend this year. So long as their starters are all healthy going into the tourney the sweet 16 is gettable, the elite 8 I don't think so this year.
Interesting watching/comparing Furphy and Christie.
Maybe the Gophers will eliminate Kansas🤣

Maybe the Gophers will eliminate Kansas🤣
Well that would be pretty cool. Unfortunately one will definitely be playing in the NCAA while the other might be playing in the NIT.

Looking at Jerry Palm's numbers the Gopher are going to need some big wins coming up. I hope it happens starting with tonight.

Thanks - great insight.

How was his body language and relating to his teammates? IIRC, thst wasn’t a strong suit of Freitag’s, per some posters.
In high school - really a good teamate, to a fault. Almost too willing to share the ball at times.

Well that would be pretty cool. Unfortunately one will definitely be playing in the NCAA while the other might be playing in the NIT.

Looking at Jerry Palm's numbers the Gopher are going to need some big wins coming up. I hope it happens starting with tonight.
Another notch on our belt and WHEN we win Sunday - Oh, my goodness gracious

What about the kid that went to Butler? I’m going to start a rumor that he’s not content and wants to return home. Need that back up center next season just in case.

Not exactly an impressive showing by Mr. Chatman tonight.
He scored his first points of the season and played 9 minutes which tripled his minutes on the year. The new coach was told by the AD to not worry about the job, but to take care of the kids. Seems it was a nice way to take care of him by playing him in his hometown.

I'm assuming a number of tOSU kids will transfer and there will also be some movement on our roster. It will depend on if Johnson sees a fit.

Don’t want to jinx him but Payne has looked better shooting FT’s.
Not a surprise. His form has been good even when results were horrible. What is changing is the mental process, going from expecting to miss to thinking he will make it. The really good, near-automatic, FF shooters know it's going in and are shocked at occassional misses.

Not a surprise. His form has been good even when results were horrible. What is changing is the mental process, going from expecting to miss to thinking he will make it. The really good, near-automatic, FF shooters know it's going in and are shocked at occassional misses.
He shoots with the ball flat in his hand. The ball should be more on the finger tips. When held properly you should be able to slide a finger between the bottom of the ball and the palm of the hand. In addition his guide hand should be more on the side, he puts it dead on top of the ball. By doing this you can tend to "block" your own shot to a degree, creating inconsistencies. His elbow and extension are perfect, he's also on his toes and doesn't lock his knees, so he's close. I think if he tweaked at least the fingertip thing he could greatly improve. The guide hand issue tends to be harder for people to fix.
1708724322166.png

He shoots with the ball flat in his hand. The ball should be more on the finger tips. When held properly you should be able to slide a finger between the bottom of the ball and the palm of the hand. In addition his guide hand should be more on the side, he puts it dead on top of the ball. By doing this you can tend to "block" your own shot to a degree, creating inconsistencies. His elbow and extension are perfect, he's also on his toes and doesn't lock his knees, so he's close. I think if he tweaked at least the fingertip thing he could greatly improve. The guide hand issue tends to be harder for people to fix.
View attachment 30242
Can't argue with the picture. The ball is too flat in his palm. But through it all his ball rotation has looked good and arc is fine.

And you can tell this because Chatman is coming home?

Top Bottom