Strip sack was NOT Schlueter's fault, it was a bad play

At the 26 he starts to lean. At the 25 he is over extended
Leaning and over extending is not ever something that you employ on purpose. It's nothing more than a sign that you were in bad position.

The reason he was in bad position, from the beginning, was due to that play being called and that DE playing it the way he did.

You don't know what you're talking about.

^^ exactly proving my point.

He has to rush out there on the run fake, putting him at a disadvantage and quickly leading to him being in a bad position, from the git go.

If he had been able to use regular pass-pro kick-slide footwork, he would've blocked him. Like he did all night on dropbacks.

That's really all I've ever said in this thread.

Not at all. How many strip sacks did he (the DE) get on dropbacks?

It's a difference in footwork, that can (vs can't) handle a DE charging hard upfield. Really that simple.

He would. Good enough for me.

Not like anything you say is close to changing my mind, nor anything I say changing yours. So we're just going around in circles.

This is the biggest part of your problem, that you can't get past.

You're acting like I'm saying Sanford F'ed up by making that call, when that's true at all. As I've said multiple times: I love play action, and I hope we call it a bunch.

Merely pointing out the objectively correct fact that, that call, since it was made, put Schlueter at a huge disadvantage to handle that hard upfield rush.

If you can't comprehend this, then there's just nothing more to talk about.

Players are given options all the time.

Easily could have been something like the coach telling him "hey if you see them giving a run look in 11 personnel, but you think it's play action on a 2nd or 3rd and long, feel free to rush up field and don't play the run".
Nice reply.

How many strip sacks did that DE have on all the other play-action passes?

I see you have no proof about Callahan, you're just stating your incorrect opinion...again.
Before you go and ask me for proof on my end, I'm not the one who brought it up in the first place.
Which do you think happened in the OL meeting the next day when this play came up for review
1. Callahan talked to Sam about his footwork and technique to be better next time
2. Callahan said to Sam, hey that play is not your fault, we asked you to complete a block that you had no chance to make and Sanford should have called a dropback pass instead.

The only person that can't comprehend anything is you.

You also said the DE guessed and rushed up field. I said that doesn't happen on the field and now you are changing your story to say the DE might have been given options on the play in what he sees. That is completely different than the DE just guessing.

It's ok that you're wrong.

The requested page could not be found.

^^ exactly proving my point.

He has to rush out there on the run fake, putting him at a disadvantage and quickly leading to him being in a bad position, from the git go.

If he had been able to use regular pass-pro kick-slide footwork, he would've blocked him. Like he did all night on dropbacks.

That's really all I've ever said in this thread.
I don't agree that he "rushed out". He opened up by dropping his left foot, but he does not move towards the de on the first step. I agree that a traditional pass set would have made it easier, but this is not an unreasonably difficult block. These guys are good athletes.

LOL you would have absolutely no clue what you're talking about.

"Internet nobody says that Gopher football player did a bad job and he could have done it better!" :ROFLMAO:
I've learned in this thread that you actually don't know what you're talking about and will never admit this is a bad take that "it was NOT Schleuter's fault"

Top Bottom