Stop blaming Ben for the close losses!

Wrong on everything.

Before last season, Northwestern had five straight losing seasons but they finished second in the conference last season and have maintained respectability this season with a veteran squad. It's not the school name on the jerseys. It's the players wearing the jerseys. They have a senior heavy squad that they've kept together for awhile. They'll lose a number of these players after this season and we'll see how they do next year. What Northwestern may or may have done in the past is irrelevant for the present

Johnson has not been given a leash like no other. He's in his third season. Three seasons have been the minimum tenure for failed Big Ten coaches this century (e.g., Todd Lickliter, Eddie Jordan). Hoiberg's Nebraska team won 7 games each of his first two years and won only 10 in his third year. He's still there for his 5th year and he looks like he will finally have a winning season and maybe even an NCAA tournament appearance. Penn State's Pat Chambers was given a much longer leash than Johnson has been given so far. Johnson might be fired after this season but there is no reason that he should have deserved fewer seasons than any other failed conference coach.

Why don't you do some research before making claims? Do you not care about looking like an ignoramous? Actually, that's just a rhetorical question. I already know the answer.
Blah Blah blah, over your head, if you have one....

I am talking in the context of Minnesota program writ large and the overall sentiment that was expressed during previous coaches tenures during the same time frame. Not the histories of other failed programs or leashes across the big. Straw meet man.

Glad you typed all that nonsense though, ignoramus....

We could use the win to damper the chat. Gettin weird in here.
Now this, I agree with. Let’s hope we all want a win! PSU is not an easy out. Nor is N’W next Saturday in spite of those who minimize their accomplishments this season. Will not be easy to stop this skid, no matter who the coach is.

You ever been married? I've been married twice. These people are like nagging wives but they're even worse because many men tend to have more testosterone than brains and, as a result, are dumber, less skilled, and bigger assholes than women.
Take a break. You are losing it.

You’re only qualified to criticize if you watch them in person. Watching them via streaming or on tv doesn’t count.

Dumbest argument ever.
That’s not what was meant by my comment and you know it. You guys are like Trump. You mischaraxterize what is said by others and distort reality to fit your preconceived narrative.

Granted. However, it’s truly amazing to me how bipolar this (and probably every fan base) can be on the basis of the outcome of one possession.
It's the curse of fandom.

You ever been married? I've been married twice. These people are like nagging wives but they're even worse because many men tend to have more testosterone than brains and, as a result, are dumber, less skilled, and bigger assholes than women.
Wow. Generalize much?

That’s not what was meant by my comment and you know it. You guys are like Trump. You mischaraxterize what is said by others and distort reality to fit your preconceived narrative.
It’s exactly what you said. Nothing was mischaracterized or distorted in any way.

We have our 6’11 center bringing the ball up. He lost this game by being a moron and not letting Hawkins play. He lost the season with roster construction. This needs to end soon

These last few close loss games have had very little to do with coaching.

Guys are just unable to nut up and execute when it’s necessary!

Ben can’t give them an Effexor before they choke at the FT line!

He can tell them how to run a play but he can’t do it for them!

Waiting till deep in the shot clock is a strategy, not my strategy, but it is a strategy. Throwing it away or failing to execute and get a good shot is the players problem.

Maybe Ben asks too much of these guys but someone needs to Sam Cassel their way to victory.

Jobu be damned, do it yourself!

We have no closer on the team, no Kirby Pucket, no Ray Williams, not even a Marcus Carr.

So he doesn’t get credit for the win? Because whatever he says doesn’t matter, he can’t make them do things or do better.

So he doesn’t get credit for the win? Because whatever he says doesn’t matter, he can’t make them do things or do better.
It’s shades of gray. The players made plays late in a tied game yesterday and PSU’s did not. Coaching, execution, and yes, luck all played a role. Perhaps close-game experience is starting to be a factor, too, but it’d be better to put games away than have it come down to coin flips.

Gotta agree with those that say our coaching has been bad this year. While watching the Wisconsin game, I stated emphatically and repeatedly what made sense at the time...take a Time Out, bench this player, etc....and Ben did the near-opposite and lost a very winnable game. It's not the 1st time this year the same thing has happened. I just don't understand why he can't see what seems pretty obvious
Wow, it seems so easy. If we could somehow get a comms hookup between you and Ben we would win every game. It would only require you to point out to Ben what is obvious and then making sure he does not do the opposite.

Top Bottom